Wayne on the Sisters.....

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Spiggy's hat
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Find it hard to believe that this hasn't already made it's way over here but I did used the search function prior to posting!

Wayne has recently been answering questions from posters over on the MWIS & here was a response to a question, about his thoughts on the current day Sisters.

Q -Zing - Do I think it's cool to bitch about TSOM?

A -WH Yeah, damn right. I used 'em as an example 'cos historically we are linked with them (I wonder why?) and they're an old familiar foe. Anyway, I'm not bitchin', just stating fact. They're rubbish and have been for many many years. I've been magnanimous for too many years about the 'Dritch and his band of happy death men but I've given up on that now. I've got no interest in them, they are s**t. I'll never utter their name again. End of subject.

So that's a maybe on the 30th anniversary F&L&A re-union tour then Wayne? :lol:
Give me one good reason
paul
Overbomber

Spiggy's hat wrote: So that's a maybe on the 30th anniversary F&L&A re-union tour then Wayne? :lol:
:lol:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

that's a pretty few words to say: I've got no interest in them (...) End of subject.
A.E. looks sad, but his guy, floating in resentment, is one of he saddest person I've ever heard about. For many years he's dragging and talking about that/him and can't cut this thread once for all. He has no self respect and dignity at all. End of subject :lol:
robm
Amphetamine Filth

I'll never utter their name again. End of subject.
And it's not even new year...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

robm wrote:
I'll never utter their name again. End of subject.
And it's not even new year...
Let's hope the needy self-publicist keeps true to his word.

Desperate for fame in Dead or Alive, tried to hijack the Sisters to the extent of stealing the name, decades of pretentious bin-bag lyric-ed pretentious waffle ever since.

I love :von: 's own version of events from the Andrew Collins interview on BBC Radio 6 in 2003 : "Andrew makes it look quite easy. So why don't I try and be Andrew, go off and do my own Andrew thing."
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Sad man Wayne.... :lol:
"as we walk on the floodland"
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

It's a bit pathetic to still be fighting this battle after 25 years isn't it?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pat
Slight Overbomber

I don't get it, he's been asked a question and he's answered it. I doubt he's been lying awake everynight for 25 years thinking about it. Why all the -ve vibes above ?

I once interviewed a Boss Dr Rhythm on what it was like being kicked out of the sisters he said "clap clap tish tish thumpa thumpa " what a bastard eh !
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Pat wrote:I once interviewed a Boss Dr Rhythm on what it was like being kicked out of the sisters he said "clap clap tish tish thumpa thumpa " what a bastard eh !
I would even consider legal actions if that had happened to me.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Sue bastard! Make him suffer and left him with socks only!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Pat wrote:I don't get it, he's been asked a question and he's answered it. I doubt he's been lying awake everynight for 25 years thinking about it. Why all the -ve vibes above ?
OK, but he could just say something like this:
  • Yes, sure, I was in the Sisters... but that was 25 years ago. To be honest I'm a bit fed up of answering questions about them these days. Andrew went his way and I went mine. To be honest, I'm not really interested in them these days.
Would be a bit more productive than petty name-calling?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

yeah but Wayne has extended the hand of friendship only to get the door kicked in his face, he's quite right to be bitter and continuing to bitch about it
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

James Blast wrote:yeah but Wayne has extended the hand of friendship only to get the door kicked in his face, he's quite right to be bitter and continuing to bitch about it
:lol: when you put it like that...
—Bertrand Russell
paul
Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:Sad man Wayne.... :lol:
But not half as sad as the Sisters are today though ;-)
James Blast
Banned

paul wrote:
Ozpat wrote:Sad man Wayne.... :lol:
But not half as sad as the Sisters are today though ;-)
A-fuckin'-Men!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

James Blast wrote:yeah but Wayne has extended the hand of friendship only to get the door kicked in his face, he's quite right to be bitter and continuing to bitch about it
Come to think of it, replace "Wayne" with "Gary" and you've got the story of 1995 and Nowhere. :|
—Bertrand Russell
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Pat wrote:I once interviewed a Boss Dr Rhythm on what it was like being kicked out of the sisters he said "clap clap tish tish thumpa thumpa " what a bastard eh !
:lol: :notworthy: :lol:
moses

I'm still of the impression that That Guitarist was the making of The Sisters
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
James Blast
Banned

markfiend wrote:
Come to think of it, replace "Wayne" with "Gary" and you've got the story of 1995 and Nowhere. :|
I hold grudges Mark, I'm not nice people like you and most here, I like to see the 'bad man' get a kicking, in my case 'bad woman'.
I'll forgive Jerry Lovelock an awful lot for his work on Wake. It was all I had, visually, for decades. Hell! I even enjoyed the first two times I saw The Mish, then he wrote, recorded and video'd "Stay With Me".

the jig was up :|
moses wrote:I'm still of the impression that That Guitarist was the making of The Sisters
sorry, I can't go for that
no can do
~ Peter Steele
Spiggy's hat

moses wrote:I'm still of the impression that That Guitarist was the making of The Sisters
He certainly contributed a massive amount to their best album.......and has recorded at least as many good/great tunes (possibly more :innocent: ) as :von: has, since they went their seperate ways.
Give me one good reason
Mothra

I read the whole interview with Wayne on the Mish's forum a few weeks back. That answer seems to stem from when his manager got in touch with TSOM management about Wayne getting a pass for the gig in Brazil, he was told in no uncertain terms to "f**k off". Which seems to have (understandably) put his nose out of joint so he's no longer trying to be diplomatic.

In the same interview, he also said that as recently as a couple of years ago, he'd have given serious thought to a reunion tour with Eldritch.

What I don't understand is why his management has to contact Andrew's management in order to request free tickets. There must be a more direct way of saying "fancy a beer after the Sau Paulo gig?"
James Blast
Banned

Mr.E's a khunt, that's all
~ Peter Steele
panzerfaust
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Mothra wrote:I read the whole interview with Wayne on the Mish's forum a few weeks back. That answer seems to stem from when his manager got in touch with TSOM management about Wayne getting a pass for the gig in Brazil, he was told in no uncertain terms to "f**k off". Which seems to have (understandably) put his nose out of joint so he's no longer trying to be diplomatic.

In the same interview, he also said that as recently as a couple of years ago, he'd have given serious thought to a reunion tour with Eldritch.

What I don't understand is why his management has to contact Andrew's management in order to request free tickets. There must be a more direct way of saying "fancy a beer after the Sau Paulo gig?"
+
James Blast wrote: Mr.E's a khunt, that's all
kinda sums it up. sad story. would expect a bit more after the 91 high on pills no grudge rendez-vous. and here we are 2011 and mr.E too lazy give an exception to his routine.

(almost makes you think these guys are sort of ex-lovers. where one of them just cant forget the other a bigger dong.
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

you know you all want them to reunite. both were great men. it's a pity how far away the chosen road to legend can bring men, especially if it's a one way.
love is just a shot away
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

panzerfaust wrote:(almost makes you think these guys are sort of ex-lovers. where one of them just cant forget the other a bigger dong.
Joking aside (and I'm not sure you are joking) that thought has crossed my mind before.
—Bertrand Russell