New Order back on the road

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Goths have feelings too
James Blast
Banned

no, I don't think so

"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Still, I want to see that at AB. Why's nothing out on their site yet, aargh!
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Sans Hooky, but I still wanna go see that very much!
The Ab on a Monday night? That should be doable... if only we can get our hands on some tickets.
in dub we trust
Pista
Cureboi

No Hooky. No New Order!

I must have horsed up bass lines to be satisfied fully.
:wink:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

That's not New Order - that's bang out of order! Call it what it is - Bad Lieutenant with special guest Gillian Gilbert on keyboards. Barney ripped the p*ss out of Hooky for his karaoke joy divison but now he's apparently getting his own back!
Pista
Cureboi

Seems so.

TBH Barney was the worst member in New Order.

Once he went all Ibiza it was curtains.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Pista wrote:No Hooky. No New Order!
:notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Suite to come.
It would be sad if it was full NO back on road and it's sad without Peter Fuckin' Hook. Perverts anyway.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Pista wrote:Once he went all Ibiza it was curtains.
:lol: How true
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

having been to a couple of bad lieutenant gigs and witnessing first hand the sound and the audience's reaction to the handful of NO songs they played, i can honestly say they won't miss hooky live.

his style can be recreated if they really have to, and his *ahem* looseness didn't actually add that much to the tightness of their machine-driven sound.

as much as hooky is an inspiration to all cool bassists, i don't see a live NO suffering from his absence.

watching hooky's band 'the light' a couple of times, i was slightly shocked by just how slack he was. he only played a few trademark riffs the entire gig. the rest of the bass parts were played by someone else.

more interesting for me is that a band with the size and reputation of NO are playing the same venues as the sisters, who many people think have been on the wane for years.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Quiff Boy wrote:having been to a couple of bad lieutenant gigs and witnessing first hand the sound and the audience's reaction to the handful of NO songs they played, i can honestly say they won't miss hooky live.

his style can be recreated if they really have to, and his *ahem* looseness didn't actually add that much to the tightness of their machine-driven sound.

as much as hooky is an inspiration to all cool bassists, i don't see a live NO suffering from his absence.

watching hooky's band 'the light' a couple of times, i was slightly shocked by just how slack he was. he only played a few trademark riffs the entire gig. the rest of the bass parts were played by someone else.
That's not the point though.

IIUC They had an agreement way back, that if anyone left they would change the name of the band. This is why they stopped being Joy Division after Ian "left". By that score, New Order minus Hooky is not New Order.
Quiff Boy wrote:more interesting for me is that a band with the size and reputation of NO are playing the same venues as the sisters, who many people think have been on the wane for years.
Now you're right here, that does make you stop and think.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

markfiend wrote:IIUC They had an agreement way back, that if anyone left they would change the name of the band. This is why they stopped being Joy Division after Ian "left". By that score, New Order minus Hooky is not New Order.
ah, i hadn't considered that. good point.

although having said that, NO have a history of contracts (formal and informal) being largely ignored.
markfiend wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:more interesting for me is that a band with the size and reputation of NO are playing the same venues as the sisters, who many people think have been on the wane for years.
Now you're right here, that does make you stop and think.
unless of course said venues can be partitioned to allow for both mid-sized and large gigs in the same space... :?: i know some venues can be tweaked in such a way as they can cater for 500 ppl and for 2500 ppl by shifting a few walls, and adjusting some terracing.
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

for those interested. It's on there. Pre-sale starts 9-9 :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
MUSICA È
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

MUSICA È
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

42 euro for a ticket. That's 20 euro to see the band and 22 euro for Hooky's lawsuit.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:42 euro for a ticket. That's 20 euro to see the band and 22 euro for Hooky's lawsuit.

IZ.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MUSICA È
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I'm not exaclty follow logic- one of member left- band can't keep up under the same name. JD was mainly I.C. - in the end he was frontman- but NO wasn't only about P.Fuckin' H., it was band with members of JD.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Bartek wrote:I'm not exaclty follow logic- one of member left- band can't keep up under the same name. JD was mainly I.C. - in the end he was frontman- but NO wasn't only about P.Fuckin' H., it was band with members of JD.
It's all about agreements eh? I don't know what they came up with in that backstage on their last tour together... ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Well if it was some agreements then yes, they shouldn't do it under NO. If. Anyhow, watining for news from The Sun about Le Suite.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

bangles wrote:Barney ripped the p*ss out of Hooky for his karaoke joy divison
mani had a similar rant about hooky last year too.

http://www.nme.com/news/joy-division/52918

Mani accuses Peter Hook of 'living off Ian Curtis' money' as Freebass split Bassist rants on Twitter as the group break up before album release

Primal Scream bassist Mani has lambasted former Joy Division and New Order bassist Peter Hook, accusing him of "living off Ian Curtis' blood money".

Freebass, the band the pair were in earlier this year, have also announced their split.

Mani posted a host of outbursts on his Twitter account, Twitter.com/maniscream, attacking Hook for supposedly exploiting his past glories. Hook recently performed a series of shows where he played Joy Division's 'Unknown Pleasures' album in its entirety.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I saw Mani driving past me in Leeds the other week.

Well, if it wasn't Mani, I'm puzzled to know who was the scruffy cnut in the flash Merc with a personalised plate ("M4NNI" IIRC) :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i occasionally see him drinking in bars around manchester, usually followed by a flock of scally lads trying to get a conversation out of him :urff:

i imagine eldritch used to get a similar level of harassment from goff boys and girls in leeds in the late 80s :lol:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

no wonder that he moved to Hamburg and from there to another place.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Quiff Boy wrote:i occasionally see him drinking in bars around manchester, usually followed by a flock of scally lads trying to get a conversation out of him :urff:

i imagine eldritch used to get a similar level of harassment from goff boys and girls in leeds in the late 80s :lol:
Erm. Well, if you include "early 90s" in there, I do recall one evening in the Faversham where his reaction to the prescence of a group of us (and we weren't hassling him at all) was something along the lines of "the only trouble with Leeds is all the bloody gothics!"
—Bertrand Russell