Manchester airport

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Garbageman
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Is there a train service directly from the airport?
Big Si
School Bully

Garbageman wrote:Is there a train service directly from the airport?
http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/manw ... tent/Train :wink:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Pista
Cureboi

Yep.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
mh
Above the Chemist

Yup, station is all nicely signposted and everything, very easy to find your way.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Pista
Cureboi

& go here http://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/?

If you book tickets in advance you get really good prices.

Make sure you account for connections after flights though. Don't cut it too fine.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Garbageman

Thank you very much
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
Big Si
School Bully

Pista wrote:& go here http://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/?

If you book tickets in advance you get really good prices.

Make sure you account for connections after flights though. Don't cut it too fine.
And even cheaper if you buy from the Rail Companies direct. The Trainline adds on a few quid more as their own fee.
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Sita

Interesting. I got into a dodgy bus at the airport that took me around all Manchester to get to the train to Leeds :eek: :?:
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Just to dredge up this thread again (and ask a daft question), can anyone tell me if Manchester Airport's OK and safe to sleep in? I need to get an early flight from there and have previously only slept in Stansted and Edinburgh. I've checked the sleeping in airports website but very little has been posted on it since the airport was renovated. Failing that, I suppose there's the airport Travelodge...
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Having passed through it once, it looks nice and clean, if it worked at Edinburgh, I'm sure it should go for Manchester too :)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

It appeared safe and clean for me, too but it's an epic fail that there's no smokers area/room behind (at least some) check-in zones^^
mh
Above the Chemist

DocSommer wrote:It appeared safe and clean for me, too but it's an epic fail that there's no smokers area/room behind (at least some) check-in zones^^
Yes there is. You have to search a little for it, but it's there. ;D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

Guid man Michael, us professional gaspers allas find a way :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

mh wrote:
DocSommer wrote:It appeared safe and clean for me, too but it's an epic fail that there's no smokers area/room behind (at least some) check-in zones^^
Yes there is. You have to search a little for it, but it's there. ;D
Toilets? :lol: :lol:

I really had plenty time /thx to >4hs plane delay) walking around, asked some airport stuff members and even a bunch of cops I walked in to who tried to get the intel via radio for >5 minuteswith the result that everyone told me there's no smoking area.

Finally I was addicted to some sorts of potatoe chips from the vending machines - a decent substitute ;D