Andrew Eldritch: Why won't you release a new Sisters LP?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Since when you need to have Mac to use iTunes :?:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Prescott wrote:
My vote is for Crash And Burn as the first single and Far Parade as the second single.
So not just live, studio and covers albums, Prescott, but singles too ??
Why not go the whole hog and request the unplugged album as well - after all, :von: 's hero Lemmy does a great unplugged Ace of Spades on that beer advert ! And how could :von: possibly refuse now that your thread is pushing twelve thousand views (mostly your own, I suspect). Why not start a petition on the Downing St website - with 100,000 signatures it would get discussed in the UK Parliament !
I wish I shared your optimism ...
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I will make a speech in parliament in favour of the unplugged album. I love Eldritch's voice so much, 1959 is not enough, and I'm sure other girls feel this way too. It should be a matter of national interest.
Machine Regime
Amphetamine Filth

Yeah, I think whatever musical equivalent of the Forestry Commission or whoever should step up to the plate and save the great (inter)national institution of the Sisters from, well, themselves. If you had a wonderful huge mansion but couldn't be f**ked with keeping it at least reasonably maintained, isn't there some kind of public health legislation that has something pretty specific to say on the matter?

In fact the matter could be even more serious: you've got a twenty megaton industrial pop/rock groove machine out there whose owner hasn't MOT'd its reactor core in quite a few decades...
People do so like to help you keep your feet on the ground
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Bartek wrote:Since when you need to have Mac to use iTunes :?:
My mac was the only computer that I don't have Linux on. And iTunes doesn't run on Linux.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Oh yes, Linux, i completely forgot about that. Danke :)
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Sita wrote:I will make a speech in parliament in favour of the unplugged album.
They pretty much already did an unplugged album - FALAA. Never mind the Cure's producer, it sounds like it was recorded in the wardrobe from the Close to Me video. Craig's pistol-whipping bass which thrillingly slapped you across the face in Anaconda criminally reduced to a distant twang, :von: so deep in the mix you can hardly hear him, the good Doktor sounding like he was playing in the room next door, and the plinky plonky acoustic guitar arpeggios turned up to the max.
I don't care how many times they remix and remaster it, the overall sound always sounds anaemic, with a couple of honourable exceptions.

I was living abroad when it came out and received FALAA and the Lorries' Talk About the Weather through the post in the same package. The contrast was shocking ...
Dan
Overbomber

Machine Regime wrote:If you had a wonderful huge mansion but couldn't be f**ked with keeping it at least reasonably maintained, isn't there some kind of public health legislation that has something pretty specific to say on the matter?
That'd only apply if it was a listed building. Maybe we should apply to get Eldo made a listed person, maybe a nice little blue plaque painted on the side of his head. (But make sure to use the right shade of blue or people will just think he has ringworm.

Bartek
Underneath the Rock

now when he's bold it easier to attached this sign to his head. :lol:
Dan
Overbomber

Yeah, I couldn't find a decent side-view bald pic. :lol:
Prescott

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
Prescott wrote:
My vote is for Crash And Burn as the first single and Far Parade as the second single.
Why not go the whole hog and request the unplugged album as well - after all, :von: 's hero Lemmy does a great unplugged Ace of Spades on that beer advert ! And how could :von: possibly refuse now that your thread is pushing twelve thousand views (mostly your own, I suspect). Why not start a petition on the Downing St website - with 100,000 signatures it would get discussed in the UK Parliament !
All right then, how about just Far Parade as a single?
"... because we're that kind of people."
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Prescott wrote:
Prescott wrote:
NO! :lol:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Sita

@ Lagartija and Dan - so much wackiness is a quality rare to find :lol: :notworthy:

(forgive me bloody foreigner if "wacky" is an offense, meant as a compliment)
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Nice picture Dan! But...London County?

:wink:
Dan
Overbomber

timsinister wrote:Nice picture Dan! But...London County?

:wink:
I tried changing it to Leeds but couldn't find a font small enough, and tried writing it with a 1-pixel-sized brush but it looked rubbish, so left it as it is hoping that nobody would notice but knowing that someone would. :lol:
Prescott

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Prescott wrote:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote: So not just live, studio and covers albums, Prescott, but singles too ??

IZ.
All right then, how about just posting the official lyrics to "Come Together" on the live news page?
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Prescott wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Prescott wrote: All right then, how about just Far Parade as a single?

IZ.
All right then, how about just posting the official lyrics to "Come Together" on the live news page?
It may have taken a while but it's good to see your expectations lowered to the same level as the rest of us. Welcome to the club. :)
Prescott

Prescott wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote: NO! :lol:

IZ.
It may have taken a while but it's good to see your expectations lowered to the same level as the rest of us. Welcome to the club. :)
My bargaining posture has been highly dubious. So maybe if we start with something small we can work our way towards something more substantial. :wink:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Prescott wrote: My bargaining posture has been highly dubious. So maybe if we start with something small we can work our way towards something more substantial. :wink:
A great man once said "I've heard a million conversations going where they've been before" .... :roll:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Prescott wrote:My bargaining posture has been highly dubious. So maybe if we start with something small we can work our way towards something more substantial. :wink:
Whos 'we' and what 'work out' ?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Prescott wrote: My bargaining posture has been highly dubious. So maybe if we start with something small we can work our way towards something more substantial. :wink:
A great man once said "I've heard a million conversations going where they've been before" .... :roll:
:lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Machine Regime
Amphetamine Filth

...although they're nothing, when placed against the feeling... the HEAT INSIDE!!! (etc)...
People do so like to help you keep your feet on the ground
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

I like Chinese Water Dragons. :kiss:
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Bertran De Born
Amphetamine Filth

They pretty much already did an unplugged album - FALAA. Never mind the Cure's producer, it sounds like it was recorded in the wardrobe from the Close to Me video. Craig's pistol-whipping bass which thrillingly slapped you across the face in Anaconda criminally reduced to a distant twang, :von: so deep in the mix you can hardly hear him, the good Doktor sounding like he was playing in the room next door, and the plinky plonky acoustic guitar arpeggios turned up to the max.
I don't care how many times they remix and remaster it, the overall sound always sounds anaemic, with a couple of honourable exceptions.

I was living abroad when it came out and received FALAA and the Lorries' Talk About the Weather through the post in the same package. The contrast was shocking ...[/quote]

:notworthy: :notworthy: I couldn't agree more. FAL&A could have been an incredible and milestone album for music lovers (instead of just for us here) but suffered such a poor production ( not only the mix by the way, the takes are weird too). I guess we rejoin this other thread "biggest AE mistake"
James Blast
Banned

pfffffff......
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele