Some rares on Ebay II

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
Randall Flagg
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Victim of Circumstance wrote:Hmm, could be genuine.

The recording seems to be made at Portland Recording Studios (at least its the same address in London) and George Peckham, who often used to sign his recordings / masterings "A Porky Prim Cut" was a recording / mastering engineer there and did the mastering for Anaconda as far as I reckon...
Correct, remember that Porky 'cut' the record, produced the master via a lathe, from which the actual records would be made via the metals. This process would have also involved producing acetates.

The test pressings would usually come from the pressing plant where the record was made.

see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUGRRUecBik

Flagg
Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg wrote:
Victim of Circumstance wrote:Hmm, could be genuine.

The recording seems to be made at Portland Recording Studios (at least its the same address in London) and George Peckham, who often used to sign his recordings / masterings "A Porky Prim Cut" was a recording / mastering engineer there and did the mastering for Anaconda as far as I reckon...
Correct, remember that Porky 'cut' the record, produced the master via a lathe, from which the actual records would be made via the metals. This process would have also involved producing acetates.

The test pressings would usually come from the pressing plant where the record was made.

see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUGRRUecBik

Flagg
see also part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IReDh9ec_rk&NR=1

You have to love vinyl......

Flagg
Bertran De Born
Amphetamine Filth

yep, I agree; I have worked in the record industry for something like 15 years and I can confirm what you say.
But my item is definately not an acetate, which is:
- short lived ( plays usually 5 times)
- not the same colour as the standard vinyl
- very smelly
My 7" is definately a test press ( standard vinyl).

While on this matter, I'll tell you the story, in the late 9à's / early 00's when, as an international product manager (that's is releasing albums from artists coming from outside my coutnry), I was requested a memo from the german branch about the bankability of the Sisters Of Mercy in my country.
Needless to say it was a heartbreaker...
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

Randall Flagg wrote: You have to love vinyl......
I do, otherwise - besides loving the Sisters anyway - I won't be a collector 8)
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

Burzum wrote:yep, I agree; I have worked in the record industry for something like 15 years and I can confirm what you say.
- very smelly

While on this matter, I'll tell you the story, in the late 9à's / early 00's when, as an international product manager (that's is releasing albums from artists coming from outside my coutnry), I was requested a memo from the german branch about the bankability of the Sisters Of Mercy in my country.
Hmm, strange, my first thought was, you had the acetate. But you're right that an acetate is quite different from the standard vinyl and is indeed very short lived, so there are two different tp's of Anaconda or did I miss something here???
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
Bertran De Born
Amphetamine Filth

I came to the same conclusion, but this doesn't make any sense... unless one of them is a fake
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

Burzum wrote:I came to the same conclusion, but this doesn't make any sense... unless one of them is a fake
After all, I think they might be both genuine, but what does the ROGI of your copy state :?:
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
Randall Flagg

Burzum wrote:I came to the same conclusion, but this doesn't make any sense... unless one of them is a fake
can you post a pic of the disc, label and ROGI?

Flagg
Bertran De Born
Amphetamine Filth

yep, http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TCX4HK8R

ROGI says
Side A " a porky prime cut" & "nothing"
Side B: "spiggy rides again" & "MPO" & "MR019 AA1"

I don't know if you guys know this, but MPO goes for "Mayenne Plastique Organisation" which is the name of a company who used to (and still does) manufacture vinyl. This is the reason why some "originals" were made in France.Guess it was cheaper.
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

Through the Years box sold for €131.00
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Victim of Circumstance wrote:
Burzum wrote:yep, I agree; I have worked in the record industry for something like 15 years and I can confirm what you say.
- very smelly

Hmm, strange, my first thought was, you had the acetate. But you're right that an acetate is quite different from the standard vinyl and is indeed very short lived, so there are two different tp's of Anaconda or did I miss something here???
Sorry but it is a fake, Porky Labels are not black and white, the pig should be piggy pink not white, the address is wrong as well. Acetates as mentioned should be heavier etc. and test pressings for early merciful release (Alice, TOL, Anconda and RH) and Body Electric on CNT were MPO / Echantillon, this is neither, I have seen another fake Anaconda TP with the adress details blackened out.
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SISTERS-MERCY ... 43a9eebb90

It looks okay,but the price is a bit steep,and there is almost no information about what you are actually getting!
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
10-E Rabid
Amphetamine Filth

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Perucke-Heavy-Me ... 519ab905a9

Step right up and get your...........Hair!!!!! Now you too can look like The Sisters of Mercy!!
"Go forth and become a happy cabbage"
10-E Rabid
Amphetamine Filth

So here you all go if this has not been mentioned....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sisters-Mercy ... 1c1fd30bd3
Yep. To small fer this cat. Better start exercising......after the sandwich and chips. Picture to the right does not reflect my current state, that was 10 years ago.
"Go forth and become a happy cabbage"
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

10-E Rabid wrote:So here you all go if this has not been mentioned....
Yep. To small fer this cat. Better start exercising......after the sandwich and chips. Picture to the right does not reflect my current state, that was 10 years ago.
Seller chriskirk19 -- I'm sure that name rings a bell.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Wiki wizard

markfiend wrote:
Not with me. You think it needs explanation?
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote:
markfiend wrote:
It's familiar to me,but only because I bought some shirts of him via ebay this week. Had some rare ones... :innocent:
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"

we fall to rise
Being645
Wiki wizard

ribbons69 wrote:
Being645 wrote:
markfiend wrote:Seller chriskirk19 -- I'm sure that name rings a bell.
It's familiar to me,but only because I bought some shirts of him via ebay this week. Had some rare ones... :innocent:
Yes, of course. I've seen these shirts as well. But the term of "ringing a bell" has a slightly different connotation in my comprehension. Maybe, I'm wrong though. That's why I asked (among other aspects).
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Sorry. All I meant was that I'm fairly sure that I know (or knew) a Chris Kirk from Leeds some years ago.

Not a very interesting story. ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Sorry. All I meant was that I'm fairly sure that I know (or knew) a Chris Kirk from Leeds some years ago.

Not a very interesting story. ;D
" Item location,Leeds West Yorkshire"
:wink:

we fall to rise
taylor
Slight Overbomber

Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

Nice one, but a bit expensive

Psychedelic Sessions
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

This beauty might get quite expensive IMO:

Black Dominion box ltd. 20

Go for it, one of the rarest bootlegs around :wink:
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
Rise891

I am NOT in the cool club
xfloorshowx

Unfortunately the vinyl is missing :urff:
...I’ve never had the desire to make a record unless I have something to say...