EatB Blow, Live in Glasgow!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Now Porcupine, if they do that in its entirety I'd be much more interested in seeing them.
The Chancer Corporation
snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Typical Bunnymen (well more Mac TBA).

Watched em twice in the last week (Manc and Liverpool) and they were just bog standard bunnymen concerts.

Will needs to tell Mac to shut the f**k up and let the songs do there thing, the Ringo was a prick but at least his wife has 2 legs was very, very funny in Manc.

Still one of the greatest bands ever. :notworthy: Roll on December.
James Blast
Banned

first three ellpees and early singles, after that nowt but a pale glimmer and only then on b-sides, same story as TSOM

why do I keep backing losers? :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
DerekR
Doobie Brother

They were great in York, and Blast change the fucking record :roll:
James Blast
Banned

goate yir grumpy underpants oan thi day Deke?
~ Peter Steele
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

They actually played a festival near me t'other week,The Headstock Festival in Newstead.And when I say near me I mean about 30 minutes.On foot.Couldn't be arsed to go along of course,I was always more a fan of The Teardrop Explodes.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
James Blast
Banned

ribbons69 wrote:They actually played a festival near me t'other week,The Headstock Festival in Newstead.And when I say near me I mean about 30 minutes.On foot.Couldn't be arsed to go along of course,I was always more a fan of The Teardrop Explodes.
Funny that, back in't day I was at art school away from home and shared a flat with a (reet bloody) Yorksheer m'n, returning from Christmas hols one year (1980/81) he'd bought Crocdiles and I'd bought Kilimanjaro. I went on to become a bigger fan of EatB than TX as Wilder let me down. 'Everybody Wants to Shag' is a far better ellpee IMO. For me things were starting to go meringue on 'Porcupine' and when (Bill Drummond - citation needed) proclaimed 'Ocean Rain' to be "The Greatest Album Ever Made", I smelled a rat. To this day I refuse to listen to it as I get bombarded from all sides by The Killing Feckin' Moon! The Bunnymen have written albums worths of tunes waaaay better than that feckin' dirge. I'd even say eveyone of their b-sides knock it into a cocked hat, whatever the feck that is.

thank you for reading ;D
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

I'd read that before, such a shame. Saw them last year at Sinners Day, absolutely great gig (had they not done encores - those were new, the rest was good old stuff) and on Crammerock about a month ago, where they were ok (and playing for a surprisingly small audience).
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:and on Crammerock about a month ago, where they were ok (and playing for a surprisingly small audience).
and were totally upstaged by that guy running around the crowd inside a tent :lol:
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Oh, every band needs someone to run around in a tent during a gig! :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
abridged
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:
ribbons69 wrote:They actually played a festival near me t'other week,The Headstock Festival in Newstead.And when I say near me I mean about 30 minutes.On foot.Couldn't be arsed to go along of course,I was always more a fan of The Teardrop Explodes.
Funny that, back in't day I was at art school away from home and shared a flat with a (reet bloody) Yorksheer m'n, returning from Christmas hols one year (1980/81) he'd bought Crocdiles and I'd bought Kilimanjaro. I went on to become a bigger fan of EatB than TX as Wilder let me down. 'Everybody Wants to Shag' is a far better ellpee IMO. For me things were starting to go meringue on 'Porcupine' and when (Bill Drummond - citation needed) proclaimed 'their fourth album' to be "The Greatest Album Ever Made", I smelled a rat. To this day I refuse to listen to it as I get bombarded from all sides by The Killing Feckin' Moon! The Bunnymen have written albums worths of tunes waaaay better than that feckin' dirge. I'd even say eveyone of their b-sides knock it into a cocked hat, whatever the feck that is.

thank you for reading ;D
One day everyone will realise that Porcupine is one of the greatest albums ever. Same with the Chameleons Script of the Bridge ;D. Actually I agree with you about Ocean Rain. Have never really been that keen on it. To be fair there's some damn fine tunes on the later albums, Dancing Horses, The Game, Rust, to name but a few.
The Chancer Corporation
moses

abridged wrote:
James Blast wrote:
Funny that, back in't day I was at art school away from home and shared a flat with a (reet bloody) Yorksheer m'n, returning from Christmas hols one year (1980/81) he'd bought Crocdiles and I'd bought Kilimanjaro. I went on to become a bigger fan of EatB than TX as Wilder let me down. 'Everybody Wants to Shag' is a far better ellpee IMO. For me things were starting to go meringue on 'Porcupine' and when (Bill Drummond - citation needed) proclaimed 'their fourth album' to be "The Greatest Album Ever Made", I smelled a rat. To this day I refuse to listen to it as I get bombarded from all sides by The Killing Feckin' Moon! The Bunnymen have written albums worths of tunes waaaay better than that feckin' dirge. I'd even say eveyone of their b-sides knock it into a cocked hat, whatever the feck that is.

thank you for reading ;D
One day everyone will realise that Porcupine is one of the greatest albums ever. Same with the Chameleons Script of the Bridge ;D. Actually I agree with you about their fourth album. Have never really been that keen on it. To be fair there's some damn fine tunes on the later albums, Dancing Horses, The Game, Rust, to name but a few.
Tossers! The pair of yous.
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
James Blast
Banned

thank you, your opinion is important to us
~ Peter Steele
moses

James Blast wrote:thank you, your opinion is important to us
As is yours big man. I know the Bunnymen suck s**t these days, especially without Will and Les, but let us not forget 'on the shoulders of giants'..........
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
DerekR
Doobie Brother

moses wrote:
James Blast wrote:thank you, your opinion is important to us
As is yours big man. I know the Bunnymen suck s**t these days, especially without Will and Les, but let us not forget 'on the shoulders of giants'..........
Did you mean Pete and Les? Will is very much still with the Bunnymen