Aussie Aussie Aussieeeee

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I forgot about venomous cnidarians. :lol:

And don't trust the koalas, have you never heard of drop bears? ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

G'day and no worries mate! ;D
"as we walk on the floodland"
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:And don't trust the koalas, have you never heard of drop bears? ;D
omg I KNEW it :eek: :eek:
They look too fluffy and adorable to be true!
Andie
Overbomber

damagedone wrote:All went well i think :) now is just waiting for the final judgement.
Fingers crossed that you're successful and that you're willing to make the leap to living "Down Under"
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Yeah, Good Luck for that final part from here as well ... :D ...
damagedone

Thank you all for the support,it really means a lot to me :notworthy:

p.s. does it look stunning or what?

Blue Ring Octopus

Even though the octopus is only the size of a golf ball, there is no known antidote for its powerful venom.
Keep Music Evil
Sita

:lol: are you really sure you want to go to that place?

I'm just jealous ;D
Salome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Tunes of luck!
:.D
bearskin

Good luck. I hear it's a great place to live - not as lively as some of the other cities, but a great 'lifestyle' choice! For what it's worth, it is somewhere that would be on my radar if anything cropped up that prompted me to move from Auckland.

Generally speaking, you should be able to buy a reasonable house in Australia for the price of a flat in England. Obviously, not if you want to live in the ultimate yuppieville centre of town type address; but generally you get a lot more bang for your buck down under. Cost of living is generally good.
damagedone

bearskin wrote:Good luck. I hear it's a great place to live - not as lively as some of the other cities, but a great 'lifestyle' choice! For what it's worth, it is somewhere that would be on my radar if anything cropped up that prompted me to move from Auckland.

Generally speaking, you should be able to buy a reasonable house in Australia for the price of a flat in England. Obviously, not if you want to live in the ultimate yuppieville centre of town type address; but generally you get a lot more bang for your buck down under. Cost of living is generally good.
good info bearskin,if it's all cool,i'll probably choose a rental house in the beginning.I try to avoid the yuppieville places anyway :D quiet is good.
Keep Music Evil
Pista
Cureboi

damagedone wrote:
bearskin wrote:Good luck. I hear it's a great place to live - not as lively as some of the other cities, but a great 'lifestyle' choice! For what it's worth, it is somewhere that would be on my radar if anything cropped up that prompted me to move from Auckland.

good info bearskin,if it's all cool,i'll probably choose a rental house in the beginning.I try to avoid the yuppieville places anyway :D quiet is good.
Did you get the job(by)?

(couldn't resist, sorry)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
damagedone

Not yet,at the end of the week or the next one i'll get the answer,,,waiting is a bitch :)
Keep Music Evil
bearskin

Moving to the other side of the world is fun. I did it just because I could.

I do think there is a privilege in being able to choose where you live - I imagine that there are billions of people in the world who would be mystified at the idea that someone could just up sticks and go to live somewhere else. I think that gives you a certain responsibility to get stuck in and make a real good go at it (although 30% of people who move from UK to Aus return within a year) and enjoy it.

No doubt it has its challenges, but I hope you have fun doing it.
damagedone

"Just wanted to touch base. All is going well I'm just waiting on an internal approval to make you a formal offer for work. The references came in and I spoke with Nick **** yesterday afternoon.

I'll keep you updated. Get ready!"

this sums it up pretty much ;D
Keep Music Evil
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Congrats!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Sita

Soooo jealous! :D Don't forget to bring a lot of antidotes with you when you move ;D
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Image ... sounds good, damagedone ... keeping my fingers crossed for you, 'til it's entirely through ... :D ...
Salome

Congratulations!! Happy to hear :.))
Pista
Cureboi

damagedone wrote:Not yet,at the end of the week or the next one i'll get the answer,,,waiting is a bitch :)
Damn straight!

We have all our fingers & toes crossed here.
Cramp is not a nice thing.
:wink:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Debaser
Overbomber

Pista wrote: Cramp is not a nice thing.
:wink:
However

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fyr0zbaFyE