Salvation

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Being645
Wiki wizard

We received a pretty link on PD lately directing to the audio streams of

Salvation's unreleased Eldritch-produced album ...A Clash Of Dreams ...

Lovely ... ;D ...

Anybody got the lyrics? I've searched their headquarters but couldn't find any ...
damagedone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

great find,do you know which year is this? :D
Keep Music Evil
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

1985, see:

http://salvationhq.co.uk/discography/al ... of-dreams/

I like the songs and re-discovering the 80's doktor :notworthy:
James Blast
Banned

it's awful scratchy, mine doesn't snoud that bad
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Being645
Wiki wizard

So you got the lyrics? ... :D ... Please ...
James Blast
Banned

nope
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Thanks for the link. :notworthy:
The version of Jessica's Crime (produced by Von) here is remarkably similar (except the viola) to the version produced subsequently by That Guitarist which they released on Si Denbigh's Batfish label in 85, despite the changes in line-up (including Choque joining).
Is CoD not therefore from 84, with the original Salvation line-up still intact ?
moses

That is very poor
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
Dan
Overbomber

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Thanks for the link. :notworthy:
The version of Jessica's Crime (produced by Von) here is remarkably similar (except the viola) to the version produced subsequently by That Guitarist which they released on Si Denbigh's Batfish label in 85, despite the changes in line-up (including Choque joining).
Is CoD not therefore from 84, with the original Salvation line-up still intact ?
I have it down as being recorded March/April'84 with a planned (but subsequently cancelled) release date of later that year, Autumn-ish.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Thanks Dan.

It would be great if someone who was around at the time could come on (like Vince did in the Pink Peg Slax discussion) and shed a bit more light on the sequence of events and the personalities involved ..
Being645
Wiki wizard

... and the lyrics ... :wink: ...

thanks for all those interesting infos, though :D
Bertran De Born
Amphetamine Filth

thanks for this Being645.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Nice one Sabine, I had never heard this before. :notworthy:
in dub we trust
Being645
Wiki wizard

Well, it's from PD ... and we also got a hint towards it, so thanks for thanks ... :lol: ...

Anyway, I find it very interesting as well
and also that after so many years they managed to make the whole thing
available ... I'm sure that everybody always wanted to hear it, at least ...

And I'd like to know the lyrics ...
what I get of them seems, yeah like a missing bit ...

Reminds me of how it was when the Gang Of Four played last year
in Lokeren ... in a way, it is important to see what time has done ...
because, hell, we were all there decades ago ... and we have all gone
some way or other, through, up or down or whatever ...

I enjoy to see that, all our "idiocies" ... : - )) ...
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Well, it's from PD ... and we also got a hint towards it, so thanks for thanks ... Laughing ...
Actually the initial news was posted by QuiffBoy via facebook - we just thought it was worthy enough to put that on the PD newsportal ;D
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Thanks Sabinchen! :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Being645
Wiki wizard

Always a pleasure, Pat ... :wink: ...
Spiggy's hat

moses wrote:That is very poor
That is Salvation. :lol:
Give me one good reason
James Blast
Banned

that's why scotty likes them ;D
~ Peter Steele
Being645
Wiki wizard

Anybody got the lyrics? ... Hell, perhaps I should ask at their headquarters ... :roll: ...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Jessica's Crime and Burning On would have made a decent single but Clash of Dreams was clearly no Reptile House as an EP so I can see why it might have been shelved for commercial as well as artistic reasons. Having said that, having spent all that cash on Strawberry Studios and got as far as having a catalogue number, it's still a bit of a mystery why it was allegedly postponed and then dumped by :von: and I for one would be interested to hear more about the reasons for its fate.
moses

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
Jessica's Crime and Burning On would have made a decent single but Clash of Dreams was clearly no Reptile House as an EP so I can see why it might have been shelved for commercial as well as artistic reasons. Having said that, having spent all that cash on Strawberry Studios and got as far as having a catalogue number, it's still a bit of a mystery why it was allegedly postponed and then dumped by :von: and I for one would be interested to hear more about the reasons for its fate.
I heard it was shelved due to Eldritch not liking someone in Salvation getting mixed up with Smack (citation required), though I think it should have been shelved because it was s**t.
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
James Blast
Banned

you're not a nice man [citation required] but at least you're not as shitty as de winter who is so fuckin' intelligent that whatever we post is pish
~ Peter Steele
Being645
Wiki wizard

moses wrote:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
I heard it was shelved due to Eldritch not liking someone in Salvation getting mixed up with Smack (citation required), though I think it should have been shelved because it was s**t.
s**t or not, I'd like to get the lyrics, please... :wink: ...

Of course, some reliable and conclusive information on why
it wasn't released at the time were obviously much appreciated as well ... :lol: ...
James Blast
Banned

why? are you weir.... oh I forgot, you're Sabine ;D
~ Peter Steele