username changes

Updates on forum status, bug fixes, etc. If there's something new in here its probably a good idea that you read it.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Can I change mine to Popweazle Piddlepoop?
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Be careful making jokes like that...

Or was it not a joke? ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

markfiend wrote:Be careful making jokes like that...

Or was it not a joke? ;D
Remember Mark, you have a power that can be used for both good and evil. I like to think that you use it for evil much of the time, and now is an opportunity to do so again. :twisted:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I don't want QB to castrate me :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

markfiend wrote:Be careful making jokes like that...

Or was it not a joke? ;D
I actually decided against posting it the day before in case you took me seriously (or just changed it to teach me a lesson) but after a day's reflection I decided that it was worth the risk.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol:
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

So tempting. :innocent:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Hom_Corleone wrote:So tempting. :innocent:
Alternatively, you can change his ranking into this of course... :innocent:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Izzy HaveMercy wrote: Alternatively, you can change his ranking into this of course... :innocent:

IZ.
Actually, I'd be more than happy with that. Do it.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I don't know how to do that :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

markfiend wrote:I don't know how to do that :lol:
It think that's Admin power only, speaking of which.. where IS our glorious leader :?:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
James Blast
Banned

not here
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Well, someone did. :D I've joined the ranks of those with their own, er, ranking, which is kind of cool. And more importantly, it'll amuse me every time I see it. Won't ever get tired of such childish humour.
James Blast
Banned

quite
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:that snouds a bit right wing to me :lol:
Historically-speaking, an interesting call JB. As an Occitan political troubadour, you would have expected that the original Bertran de Born would have been on the side of the Cathars in the infamous Albigensian Crusade, but in the pay and company of English Kings he seems to have been an enthusiastic supporter of their Crusades and was in the right part of France (albeit as a monk) at the time of the infamous Béziers massacre (which gave Metallica the title for their first album).
James Blast
Banned

loss fa words...
~ Peter Steele
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:loss fa words...
Judging by your post count, that must be a first :lol:
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

stufarq wrote:
Well, someone did. :D I've joined the ranks of those with their own, er, ranking, which is kind of cool. And more importantly, it'll amuse me every time I see it. Won't ever get tired of such childish humour.
:lol: now you are even more wierd than before! with that title & such an avatar, you scare me worse now.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

MadameButterfly wrote:
stufarq wrote:
:lol: now you are even more wierd than before! with that title & such an avatar, you scare me worse now.
Good. It didn't occur to me that "popweazle piddlepoop" might actually go with the clown - it was just a silly phrase I thought up on the spur of the moment. There is a reason for the avatar (I don't just use it here) but it's not the sort of thing you're expected to guess unless you already know about it.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

stufarq wrote: Good. It didn't occur to me that "popweazle piddlepoop" might actually go with the clown - it was just a silly phrase I thought up on the spur of the moment. There is a reason for the avatar (I don't just use it here) but it's not the sort of thing you're expected to guess unless you already know about it.
well mr. popweazle piddlepoop spur of the moments thingys are always the ones that stick! :lol: and no i don't know about it & i'm very bad at the guessing game.
that ongoing eternity
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

MadameButterfly wrote:
stufarq wrote: and no i don't know about it & i'm very bad at the guessing game.
No, there's noreason why anyone here should. I wasn't trying to get you guessing, just saying that there is a reason for using a scary clown as an avatar.
James Blast
Banned

Stuart Farquar sounds like a submerged colossal colophon!
:lol: :lol:
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

stufarq wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:
stufarq wrote: and no i don't know about it & i'm very bad at the guessing game.
No, there's noreason why anyone here should. I wasn't trying to get you guessing, just saying that there is a reason for using a scary clown as an avatar.
yeah and that reason using the scary clown is what gets me. scared. especially that clown. can't put my finger on from where but i was subjected to many horror & scary films in my youth, my own doing, but yikes the clowns were always the weirdos to stay away from.
that ongoing eternity
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Yeah, I agree. Clowns are either scary or pathetic - never funny. It's a common phobia. I don't actually like clowns but I play one sometimes. A friend and I perform comedy (among other things) and two of our regular characters are a pair of gangster clowns called the Scary Clowns. Hence the avatar.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

stufarq wrote:Yeah, I agree. Clowns are either scary or pathetic - never funny. It's a common phobia. I don't actually like clowns but I play one sometimes. A friend and I perform comedy (among other things) and two of our regular characters are a pair of gangster clowns called the Scary Clowns. Hence the avatar.
wow! that explains so much. you are a scary clown. i've heard your name come up a few times amongst the hl group as to who you really are. i actually have a friend that also plays a clown, you would not know him, but i knew him before the clown bit and he does it for children...and is magic.
you don't freak me out as much now, so thanks for that.
that ongoing eternity