Return of the Stone Roses?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

What's the betting this press conference turns out to be an exciting announcement for their legions of fans about a deal with EMI worldwide for a DVD release of the 1995 shows ? Some excellent comments under the article, too. Thanks for posting, JB.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Ooh!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Spiggy's hat
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Pleas god no!

They were a phenomenal band back in 88-90 but this can only destroy their own legacy. I was lucky enough to see them 4 times in 1989, including the legendary Blackpool gig which is still the greatest gig that I've ever attended, by a country mile. What can they offer up now? Squire doing his heavy metal riffs to murder Waterfall & Sugar Spun Sister? :cry:

The dough on offer to them must be absolutely incredible but I'm still hoping that this is just the annual reformation rumours.....that have always previously come to nothing.
Give me one good reason
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

from louderthanwar.com:
http://is.gd/vFNmcx

The Stone Roses are definitely reforming and Reni will be playing drums.

The drummer’s cryptic comment that was only sent to Louder Than War and to the NME was intended as a red herring and he is back on drums.

An insider to the band, who have been rehearsing in Manchester all summer - which we had heard about but couldn’t say anything about - also told us that there was new material and there will be a third album which would be their first release since the ‘Second Coming’.

There is still speculation where the band will be playing, Heaton Park is a possibility but it would fit the tradition of the band to play an off the wall location.

We received a text from Ian Brown on Friday confirming the reformation and sounding very upbeat about the return of the band.

All should be revealed at the London press conference tomorrow that we will all be attending.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
James Blast
Banned

:)
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

this chap isn't a fan of their re-issued album either

http://thequietus.com/articles/02535-th ... bum-review
80 quid? f**king hell, I must've been wrong about this one — see, I had this down as a wet steaming fart of f**k-all when it came out but 80 quid? Jeezus, it must be good, no, it must be postively crammed forth with pan-roasted goodness n'est ce pas? Sure, your reflex is to run, but maybe it's like the Smiths and if you scratch the surface (hold your noses) and forget your prejudice you'll find some men making heaven. I mean, 80, eight-zero not one-eight quid. 80 quid. This crock's gotta have some f**king gold inside to warrant such elitist pricing.
his verdict? it doesn't.

:lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
panzerfaust
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

you guys seen the video of the press conference? pretty grim ive got to say. this is not gonna end up good.. just look at how much is squire 'interested'..
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

He'll be interested in the big fat pay-cheque.

Not that I have an objection to that per se, we all have to eat, pay the rent, etc.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Debaser
Overbomber

Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
moses

I've got my ticket, oh yes sir.
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
Garbageman

Waiting for world dates to be announced
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Can't resist : They wanna be adored... Again. ;D
Spiggy's hat

Garbageman wrote:Waiting for world dates to be announced
Unconfirmed so far but from the same source that called the Manchester gigs, prior to the official announcement.

Don't know if there are more to come (ie rest of the world!), maybe the £2million per member from the three Manc gigs, will make it a short re-union!

Fri 29 June Heaton Park, Manchester
Sat 30 June Heaton Park, Manchester
Sun 1 July Heaton Park, Manchester
Thu 5 July Echo Arena, Liverpool
Sat 7 July O2 Arena, London
Sun 8 July O2 Arena, London
Wed 11 July SECC, Glasgow
Fri 13 July Slane Castle, Ireland
Sat 14 July Botanic Gardens, Belfast
Mon 16 July iTunes Festival, London
Fri 20 July Espacio Movistar, Barcelona, Spain
Sat 21 July Palacio de Deportes, Madrid, Spain