New Order back on the road

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
christophe
Overbomber

I know NO is good, and as Quiffy pointed out they don't need hooky to be good, but without him its just another karaoke act. just like Hook with his light :roll: and yes they are awfull (not the music)

I'll pas on this even though I wan't to be there.
Another Shade of You.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Quiff Boy wrote:
markfiend wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:more interesting for me is that a band with the size and reputation of NO are playing the same venues as the sisters, who many people think have been on the wane for years.
Now you're right here, that does make you stop and think.
unless of course said venues can be partitioned to allow for both mid-sized and large gigs in the same space... :?: i know some venues can be tweaked in such a way as they can cater for 500 ppl and for 2500 ppl by shifting a few walls, and adjusting some terracing.
AB can do this, but they already open up their max capacity for the Sisters. Either way, after EATB this weekend my idea of crowd attraction by the Sisters' contemporaries is a bit, erm, confused?
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

http://louderthanwar.com/blogs/exclusiv ... -situation
Hooky wrote:Exclusive : Peter Hook statement on New Order situation

I first I heard about this on Monday and it has taken me completely by surprise! Everyone knows that NEW ORDER without PETER HOOK is like QUEEN without FREDDIE MERCURY, U2 without THE EDGE, SOOTY without SWEEP!

On a more serious note however, I do not understand the decision THE OTHER THREE have taken. I wish they had approached me first. I do not agree with the methods they have used and feel it would have been courteous and professional to have spoken to me in advance of the announcements. It is very sad.

Love PETER HOOK x Sept ‘11
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Le lawsuite ;D
We knew it's gonna be hilarious.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:http://louderthanwar.com/blogs/exclusiv ... -situation
Hooky wrote:Exclusive : Peter Hook statement on New Order situation

I first I heard about this on Monday and it has taken me completely by surprise! Everyone knows that NEW ORDER without PETER HOOK is like QUEEN without FREDDIE MERCURY, U2 without THE EDGE, SOOTY without SWEEP!

On a more serious note however, I do not understand the decision THE OTHER THREE have taken. I wish they had approached me first. I do not agree with the methods they have used and feel it would have been courteous and professional to have spoken to me in advance of the announcements. It is very sad.

Love PETER HOOK x Sept ‘11
Perhaps I'm spending too long on Sisters Chat these days, but for some reason Hooky's statement has a very January 1986 feel to it if you change the odd name and number ... Bernie had better not get his manager to phone Hoojky's manager to get on the guest list for the 2036 tour.
"On a more serious note" I personally would pay very good money to see a Sooty solo show - Sweep's contribution to the project was always over-rated and the johnny-come-lately thought he owned (cont'd page 94).
James Blast
Banned

eh?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
radiojamaica
Overbomber

christophe wrote:..., but without him its just another karaoke act. just like Hook with his light :roll:
For me there's a world of difference there.
One band is a tribute act (some like it, others hate it), the other is a real band who have some personal issues to sort out.
I don't mind them carrying on and doing 2 shows to raise some money to help a friend out... even if it is without the hooligan bass of Hooky. He'll be missed, but I'll survive.

Anyway, we got tickets for the Brussels show and I'm looking forward to it :wink:
in dub we trust
Randall Flagg
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:i occasionally see him drinking in bars around manchester, usually followed by a flock of scally lads trying to get a conversation out of him :urff:

i imagine eldritch used to get a similar level of harassment from goff boys and girls in leeds in the late 80s :lol:
Erm. Well, if you include "early 90s" in there, I do recall one evening in the Faversham where his reaction to the prescence of a group of us (and we weren't hassling him at all) was something along the lines of "the only trouble with Leeds is all the bloody gothics!"
If that's really what he said sounds like he was paraphrasing The Lost Boys;

'The only trouble with Santa Clara is all the god damned vampires' or words to that effect - it's been a while since I last saw it.

Flagg
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Randall Flagg wrote:
markfiend wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:i occasionally see him drinking in bars around manchester, usually followed by a flock of scally lads trying to get a conversation out of him :urff:

i imagine eldritch used to get a similar level of harassment from goff boys and girls in leeds in the late 80s :lol:
Erm. Well, if you include "early 90s" in there, I do recall one evening in the Faversham where his reaction to the prescence of a group of us (and we weren't hassling him at all) was something along the lines of "the only trouble with Leeds is all the bloody gothics!"
If that's really what he said sounds like he was paraphrasing The Lost Boys;

'The only trouble with Santa Clara is all the god damned vampires' or words to that effect - it's been a while since I last saw it.

Flagg
:lol: you know what, you're right!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Yup, good ole' Hooky was missed yesterday night! Not per se for sound (that was in capable hands), but there surely was a hooligan vibe missing :innocent:

Still, a very enjoyable set with a lot of crowdpleasers:

Crystal
Regret
Ceremony
Age of Consent
Love Vigilantes
Krafty
Bizarre Love Triangle
True Faith
The Perfect Kiss
Temptation

Blue Monday
Love Will Tear Us Apart

That's entertainment! 8)
in dub we trust
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Whatever happened to the "ten songs, no encore" thing? :lol:

yes, I know that one went by the wayside many moons ago.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
radiojamaica
Overbomber

If there hadn't been a curfew they'd still be playing I guess as Barney seemed to enjoy himself quite a bit :wink:
in dub we trust
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

radiojamaica wrote:If there hadn't been a curfew they'd still be playing I guess as Barney seemed to enjoy himself quite a bit :wink:
Damn shame I had to miss it :(
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:If there hadn't been a curfew they'd still be playing I guess as Barney seemed to enjoy himself quite a bit :wink:
Damn shame I had to miss it :(
You were missed, oh big one!
in dub we trust