[Cancelled] Auckland, NZ 22/9/11

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
Silver_Owl
The Don

Surekill 1311 wrote:Bearskin - I don't appreciate being ripped on for voicing an idea...
Think about it. Jan is free for the girls and it gives them a paid vehicle to get round NZ and Aus. They can do sideshows for the "real fans" and maybe make some new fans by playing the festival.
Got a better idea? Lets hear it... Otherwise go stand in the corner... Tw@t.
Take a chill pill baby. Opinions are like assholes...
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Hom_Corleone wrote:
Surekill 1311 wrote:Bearskin - I don't appreciate being ripped on for voicing an idea...
Think about it. Jan is free for the girls and it gives them a paid vehicle to get round NZ and Aus. They can do sideshows for the "real fans" and maybe make some new fans by playing the festival.
Take a chill pill baby. Opinions are like assholes...
:lol:
"as we walk on the floodland"
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Mmmmmmwhahahahaha. wasn't rippin you bro. It's just the faux-fest nonsense of BDO and it's loony dress-up fans I despise.

If it was all that was on offer - this is NZ after all - and the ladies were playing, I'd be there in a shot...so. yes, you are right, and I was wrong (from the corner) lol.
Surekill 1311
Road Kill

Yeah sorry about that. I guess living in an earthquake zone ( Christchurch ) has made me a little edgy. It was great to get some positive news for a change... Guess I was a little bitter when the gig got canned. Looks like I owe you a beer. Cheers
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Now that's how you solve arguments! Britain take notes please! ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
AdrenochromeNZ
Road Kill

On a good note, now that the girls have been added to the standard Sooundwave festival in February there is a good chance they might pop across the ditch then I would hope. Fingers crossed!
H. Blackrose

We know that the girls are keen, and certainly the amount of people who were going on my FB list was massive; the only question is whether they can get the Powerstation again. Perhaps the King's Arms as a last resort? Or my lounge?
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

found the thread where this belongs...

http://13thfloor.co.nz/2011/07/20/siste ... interview/

i'm sure they will do this tour, but when the sponsors come through..
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
bearskin

This would have been tonight... :cry:

A mate at work has made me a poster with the location changed to "my desk" and we're playing all the tunes in the office instead... oh well.
Being645
Above the Chemist

bearskin wrote:This would have been tonight... :cry:

A mate at work has made me a poster with the location changed to "my desk" and we're playing all the tunes in the office instead... oh well.
Have fun, sweetheart ... I hope for you they'll come to NZ in February/March 2012 as well when they go to Australia ... :wink: ...

*anyway, you seem to have a nice and understanding mate at work ... ;D :notworthy: ...
bearskin

From the NZ Herald:

"And there is good news for Sisters Of Mercy fans, with the Andrew Eldritch-led band rescheduling their Auckland show after being forced to cancel when Australia's Soundwave Revolution was called off.

However, the band are now on the bill for the separate Soundwave 2012 festival, also across the ditch, and play the Powerstation on February 22"
bearskin

http://www.powerstation.net.nz/sisters-mercy

Tickets on sale next week. Thank f#ck for that, eh.