Sisters played Paris in 1984???

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

... according to this item on Ebay they did. :eek:

Or is it a fake?
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Nope, they only did it a few years ago for the first time. Perhaps an announced gig that was cancelled, though, who knows?
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

2006 first time for sure.
"as we walk on the floodland"
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Might have been another band without THE.... ;D
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I would guess it's a poster for a club-night, listing some of the records they'll play?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Sold for 50 GBP?! :eek:
taylor
Slight Overbomber

replaced by play dead at last hour :D
playboy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Ozpat wrote:Sold for 50 GBP?! :eek:
Maybe they ware all after all booked. The were in germany a few days earlier so it is not impossible they were booked.
It is not records plaeyd, it is concerts. Dead Can Dance played there (the venue is called Eldorado) that night. And KUKL (Björks old band) played there he day after, just at it says on the poster.
playboy

Obviousman wrote:Nope, they only did it a few years ago for the first time. Perhaps an announced gig that was cancelled, though, who knows?
UPDATE: They were booked, but the gig was cancelled.

Sisters have also could have played in Japan before as well, three shows were booked in January 1986 (posters exists) but was cancelled due to obvious reasons.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Thanks for all your replies ... :) ...

Dead Can Dance did play ... http://www.songkick.com/concerts/466096 ... -leldorado

and I've found it under Cancelled Gigs in the http://www.ultimatesistersguide.org/doc ... cancel.htm

taylor wrote:replaced by play dead at last hour :D
Sure? None of their gigographies I've searched says so. But that doesn't mean all that much ... Do you also know why they were replaced?

@ playboy - 1986 was quite another year ... Gift, Giving Ground ... and Floodland ahead ... ;D ...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I was only guessing... and I was wrong.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
taylor
Slight Overbomber

Yes sure
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

taylor wrote:Yes sure
I should have know that you would know. 8)
—Bertrand Russell
playboy

Being645 wrote:Thanks for all your replies ... :) ...

Dead Can Dance did play ... http://www.songkick.com/concerts/466096 ... -leldorado

and I've found it under Cancelled Gigs in the http://www.ultimatesistersguide.org/doc ... cancel.htm

taylor wrote:replaced by play dead at last hour :D
Sure? None of their gigographies I've searched says so. But that doesn't mean all that much ... Do you also know why they were replaced?

@ playboy - 1986 was quite another year ... Gift, Giving Ground ... and Floodland ahead ... ;D ...
love to help my sisters friends!
Being645
Wiki Wizard

playboy wrote:
Being645 wrote: @ playboy - 1986 was quite another year ... Gift, Giving Ground ... and Floodland ahead ... ;D ...
Thank you very much ... Image ... :wink: ...

Anyway, I've made a page now for that in the Wiki.
playboy

Being645 wrote:
playboy wrote:
Being645 wrote: @ playboy - 1986 was quite another year ... Gift, Giving Ground ... and Floodland ahead ... ;D ...

Nice done.
I can also inform that they were booked to play in Lund at the venue Mejeriet (where they are playing later this month) in 1986. I don´t have the exact date, but I probably will in due time as I still have the clip from the newspaper (I think..) somewhere.
They were also booked at the same venue in 1991 and there were adds in the papers (I have this one also somewhere) but it was cancelled, I think it was because Hultsfred also booked them, but I am not sure. When (and if) I get more info I will get back on this.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

playboy wrote:
Being645 wrote:
playboy wrote: love to help my sisters friends!

Nice done.
I can also inform that they were booked to play in Lund at the venue Mejeriet (where they are playing later this month) in 1986. I don´t have the exact date, but I probably will in due time as I still have the clip from the newspaper (I think..) somewhere.
They were also booked at the same venue in 1991 and there were adds in the papers (I have this one also somewhere) but it was cancelled, I think it was because Hultsfred also booked them, but I am not sure. When (and if) I get more info I will get back on this.
Oh, nice ... :notworthy: ... and yes, have a look for these, please.

A scan or whatever from those clippets were also fine ... :D ...
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

playboy wrote:I can also inform that they were booked to play in Lund at the venue Mejeriet (where they are playing later this month) in 1986.
1986? Which "they" would that be or were they booked before they knew that they'd be breaking up?
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:and I've found it under Cancelled Gigs in the http://www.ultimatesistersguide.org/doc ... cancel.htm
Was there not also a cancelled tour in the UK in Autumn 1983 which is not listed in the cancelled gigs list ? Several venues adevrtised gigs which were then cancelled, IIRC.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

markfiend wrote:
taylor wrote:Yes sure
I should have know that you would know. 8)
Lucapedia! :wink:
playboy

stufarq wrote:
playboy wrote:I can also inform that they were booked to play in Lund at the venue Mejeriet (where they are playing later this month) in 1986.
1986? Which "they" would that be or were they booked before they knew that they'd be breaking up?
Yes, they were booked before the break up. They decided not to continue autumn 1985. By that time time a few gigs were booked to take place in early 1986, it was only a few months away.
playboy

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
Being645 wrote:and I've found it under Cancelled Gigs in the http://www.ultimatesistersguide.org/doc ... cancel.htm
Was there not also a cancelled tour in the UK in Autumn 1983 which is not listed in the cancelled gigs list ? Several venues adevrtised gigs which were then cancelled, IIRC.
That must have been in november then. When did Benn Gunn left? Anyone know?
Being645
Wiki Wizard

playboy wrote:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
That must have been in november then. When did Benn Gunn left? Anyone know?
In October '83, according to this source ...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The last gig in '83 was October 31 IIRC, but I think Ben had gone before that.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Wiki Wizard

In the Wiki and in the UltimateSistersGuide September 17th is indicated as the possibly last gig with Ben Gunn ...

also Hussey is said to have joined The Sisters in September ...