Sir Jim (now then, bye then)

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Anyone going to the funeral today? Or been to look at the coffin "lying in state"?

And how come no-one did a "Jimmy Saville RIP" thread?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

markfiend wrote:Anyone going to the funeral today? Or been to look at the coffin "lying in state"?

Apparently it was never of interest to Belgian news... :|

RIP Jimmy!

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Being645
Above the Chemist

He seems to have been a lovable person and

at least, he reached the fine age of 85 ... ;D ... :notworthy: ...

R.I.P.
Bertran De Born
Amphetamine Filth

RIP, whoever he was
;-)
abridged
Slight Overbomber

I remember Peter Cushing writing in to Jim'll Fix it asking if a rose could be named after his late wife. It was one of the sweetest television moments that i've ever seen. :notworthy:
The Chancer Corporation
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I'm actually mildly upset. I don't think anyone English currently in there 30's doesn't remember "Jim'll Fix It" on a Saturday. Another piece of my childhood gone!
He's one of those people you assume will always be around. By all accounts a decent guy and a telly star who actually had a personality. :(
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
markfiend wrote:Anyone going to the funeral today? Or been to look at the coffin "lying in state"?

RIP Jimmy!

IZ.
Wrong, IZ. You read the wrong internet sites. ;D www.deredactie.be did a piece - albeit a short one - on Lord Saville's passing onto the right hand of the Big Fixer In The Sky... :lol:

Personally, I really don't really care that much. Although it makes me wonder whether Bruce Forsyth's number will be up shortly... :twisted:
Garbageman

I was going to start a thread but I started the Amy Wine house one and we all saw how that went as it happens.
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Ahráyeph wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:

RIP Jimmy!

IZ.
Wrong, IZ. You read the wrong internet sites. ;D www.deredactie.be did a piece - albeit a short one - on Lord Saville's passing onto the right hand of the Big Fixer In The Sky... :lol:
I gave up on DeRedactie recently and turned my hopes to De Morgen... should I switch again? :lol:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Garbageman wrote:I was going to start a thread but I started the Amy Wine house one and we all saw how that went as it happens.
Oh yeah. :urff:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Dan
Overbomber

Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:I gave up on DeRedactie recently and turned my hopes to De Morgen... should I switch again? :lol:

IZ.
As you should well know : when it comes to Belgian media, there IS no hope. At all. ;D
James Blast
Banned

"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

James Blast wrote:David Icke was a big fan - http://www.davidicke.com/headlines/5553 ... -1926-2011
Is that meant to be a "guilty by association" thing? ;D
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Above the Chemist

markfiend wrote:
James Blast wrote:David Icke was a big fan - http://www.davidicke.com/headlines/5553 ... -1926-2011
Is that meant to be a "guilty by association" thing? ;D
It does leave a stain ... :urff: ...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

A little bit of idiomatic English for the non-natives: David Icke is what is known as a "head-the-ball" ;D
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Above the Chemist

markfiend wrote:A little bit of idiomatic English for the non-natives: David Icke is what is known as a "head-the-ball" ;D
not that that did help me now ... :lol: ... please, explain ... :oops: :lol: ...
sam1

abridged wrote:I remember Peter Cushing writing in to Jim'll Fix it asking if a rose could be named after his late wife. It was one of the sweetest television moments that i've ever seen. :notworthy:

so was this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wwPeSDCCAs
Dan
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:A little bit of idiomatic English for the non-natives: David Icke is what is known as a "head-the-ball" ;D
I'm English and I've never heard that phrase, but since David Icke is a raving nutjob I'll take it to mean that. :P
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

DeWinter wrote: I don't think anyone English currently in there 30's doesn't remember "Jim'll Fix It" on a Saturday...
By all accounts a decent guy and a telly star who actually had a personality. :(
It may astonish you to learn that the show actually aired in the rest of the UK too :x Jimmy is fondly remembered up in Glencoe where he went for a bit of peace and quiet.
I always thought his iconic TV show was due a recall to the screens.
Cue Jimmy : "Now then, now then, I have here a letter from young
Prescott, you see, who says, 'Dear Jim, could you fix it for me to have a new LP from the Sisters of Mercy..."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Dan wrote:
I'm English and I've never heard that phrase, but since David Icke is a raving nutjob I'll take it to mean that. :P
Indeed. 8)
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
DeWinter wrote: I don't think anyone English currently in there 30's doesn't remember "Jim'll Fix It" on a Saturday...
By all accounts a decent guy and a telly star who actually had a personality. :(
It may astonish you to learn that the show actually aired in the rest of the UK too :x Jimmy is fondly remembered up in Glencoe where he went for a bit of peace and quiet.
I always thought his iconic TV show was due a recall to the screens.
Cue Jimmy : "Now then, now then, I have here a letter from young
Prescott, you see, who says, 'Dear Jim, could you fix it for me to have a new LP from the Sisters of Mercy..."
Heh. You remember he always used to call people who helped with the fixes "Professor this" and "Captain that"? Gives me a mental image....
  • SCENE: After the fix-it. PRESCOTT is holding his shiny new "Jim Fixed It For Me" badge, sitting next to ANDREW and the boys.

JIM (to ANDREW): Now then, now then, Captain of Industry, we've fixed it for this young chap to have his new album...

FADE TO BLACK
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

(I'm not sure why Prescott in particular, any of us would probably be ecstatic at that fix-it)
—Bertrand Russell
the-happening

Private Eye could be worth a read! Hislop and Merton allegedly had a go at him on Have I got news for you about the same allegations that David Icke mentions. Now that he is dead and unable to issue writs how long before people start talking?
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
Dan
Overbomber

the-happening wrote:
Private Eye could be worth a read! Hislop and Merton allegedly had a go at him on Have I got news for you about the same allegations that David Icke mentions. Now that he is dead and unable to issue writs how long before people start talking?
The HIGNFY transcript was proved to be a fake.