Sisters in 2011

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
Mav787
One life, all I need

So my gigging with the Sisters in 2011 has come to an end. I've done 8 shows and I know that there are many who have done plenty more. Much respect to those who seem to be at almost every show. :notworthy:

To me the band are much better than in previous years. Ben and Chris are now 100% part of the band and I don't wish for anyone else. They play with enthusiasm and it seems to rub off on :von: .

The sound quality has been much improved with much clearer vocals. You can see on the Youtube videos that :von: is singing rather than mumbling and the backing vocals are much better.

Song-wise we've much more variation. A personal favourite was Kiss The Carpet in Leeds. As much as I like Pipeline it was brilliant to get Top Nite Out in Madrid. It was nice to get NTTC and ARAAHP, even if they need a little polishing.

Wishes for 2012:

1. As many European shows as in 2011.
2. The first song to always be FALAA or Kiss The Carpet.
3. Good Things to be played somewhere other than Belgium.
4. Top Nite Out played more often.
5. A longer version of Lucretia - it always feels like its just getting going when it finishes.
6. A different t-shirt for :von:. Its about time that luminous yellow t-shirt was retired. :wink:

I'm not wishing for new songs they'll arrive when the band are good and really.

See you all in 2012!
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

I´ve done 7 but I enjoyed 6, In Madrid I got ill during the gig,so it doesn´t count to me

I was lucky to be in the 2 nighs in Leeds,luxemburg,stekene,dublin+ teh 2 Spanish shows

i´m quite happy with all(obviously Madrid doesn´t count) and the top for me is Leeds ,the great show in stekene+ the mind blowing Barcelona show!!

lets see if the next year I can afford some more
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

I did four,but as I had only ever done one in a year before,I am really pleased with that. Did every British gig apart from Sonisphere,and I also think that the band has been steadily improving from the Leeds gig in 2009 and particularly from the nadir that was 2006.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I've seen the sisters few times (2006 and 2009) but my hobbie it's hear each recording almost 10times.
What i can say? Ben and Chris has this special chemistry (in a professional and non-gay way :lol:) and they do a awesome work at the stage.
Glad to see they renewing their songs, and changing little things, just a riff(like in Summer) or a back vocal(Corrosion).

Wishes for 2012:
1)NTTC and A Rock and a Hard Place in every gig :D
2) Amphetamine Logic with more choruses at the ending, with Chris backing vocals screaming 'AMPHETAMINE LOGIC' 'til von keep repeating the chorus :roll:
3) 120~140minutes gig.
4) Pipeline + TNO
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Steven Eloot
Road Kill

Hello everybody on Heartland.
My name is Steven and I live in Belgium. Some Heartlanders know who I am. Being a fan since 1986, first gig in 1991 and having attented at 73 gigs thusfar. Reading this forum since many years, but joined it as an active member only a few minutes ago. Sometimes rubbish, sometimes interesting information.
Barcelona was my 16th gig in 2011 and was sure one of the best this year.
Hope to hear from you guys/ladies. If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know.
paul
Overbomber

Steven Eloot wrote:Hello everybody on Heartland.
My name is Steven and I live in Belgium. Some Heartlanders know who I am. Being a fan since 1986, first gig in 1991 and having attented at 73 gigs thusfar. Reading this forum since many years, but joined it as an active member only a few minutes ago. Sometimes rubbish, sometimes interesting information.
Hope to hear from you guys/ladies. If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know.
Welcome here!
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

paul wrote:
Welcome here!
seconded!!! and i´m with you about Barcelona...one of the best if not the best
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

Welcome to Heartland Steven 8)
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
circle

Welcome :D
darkcircleroom4.blogspot.com
Druide
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Hello Steven, nice to read you here...

Welcome :)
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

I read that as Steven Kloot. :P
Welcome anyway. :)
"as we walk on the floodland"
Being645
Above the Chemist

Hi Steven ... :D ... and welcome on the Ship of Fools ... :lol: ...
Husek

Welcome Steven!
Are you a member of Dominion Mail List aren't you?
Project Personal Dok
frederik

Nice to see you here Steven!

Tot vrijdag! :wink:
mh
Above the Chemist

2 x Leeds, Glasgow and Dublin here. Of the shows I saw and recordings I DL'ed, I think they peaked early this year but maintained a pretty good standard throughout. It's obviously been a high point of recent years, with last lear's Leamington show being the crucial turning point. Maintaining the momentum from then throughout the course of a full year would have been way too much to expect, but they done themselves proud in the end.

Most valid criticisms seem to have been taken onboard and addressed, whether intentionally or no it doesn't matter, the chrome-plated groove machine that probably slept with your sister is back and that's the important thing.

Major credit has to go to Chris and Ben for their role in revitalizing the band (and for giving us something new - a human face that it never really had before - without diluting it's essential essence).

For 2012 I just want to see them keep some of that momentum. Don't lose the ball when you're running towards the goal.

Otherwise - reckon a welcome is due to Steven! :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Sita

Welcome, Steve! :D

I second Mav with everything she wrote, and also -
Mav787 wrote: Wishes for 2012:

1. As many European shows as in 2011.
2. The first song to always be FALAA or Kiss The Carpet.
Can't comment on 3 and 4, not saying I disagree but I simply don't have an opinion on that, but:
5. A longer version of Lucretia - it always feels like its just getting going when it finishes.
6. A different t-shirt for :von:. Its about time that luminous yellow t-shirt was retired. :wink:
check! :lol:

I've only got one to add -
1959! Or Driven by the Snow! Please oh please. For the girls! :oops: :innocent:

I hope to see many of you again in 2012 and also lovely people I haven't met in person yet.
Last edited by Sita on 29 Nov 2011, 22:25, edited 1 time in total.
sukhoi

Sita wrote:
I've only got one to add -
Oh, please, Something Fast is really not enough? :lol:
Right On Venom And Revenge
Sita

no..... :oops:
sukhoi

Sita wrote:no..... :oops:
But no, at least Driven Like a Snow would be so nice to hear alive, even possibly not possible. But would you imagine Rain From Heaven before....
Right On Venom And Revenge
Mav787
One life, all I need

Sita wrote:Welcome, Steve! :D

I second Mav with everything she wrote

I hope to see many of you again in 2012 and also lovely people I haven't met in person yet.
Hopefully we'll meet at a Sisters gig in 2012 but you may be disappointed, I'm a man :innocent:
Sita

Mav787 wrote:Hopefully we'll meet at a Sisters gig in 2012 but you may be disappointed, I'm a man :innocent:
You're not the hottie in your Avatar, on the left? :eek:

;D :wink: :innocent:
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Sita wrote: I've only got one to add -
OR ~ YCBTO! i'm sure the girls would appreciate that one too! :innocent:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Husek

Or Nine while nine, girls love it too :innocent:
Project Personal Dok
Steven Eloot
Road Kill

Husek wrote:
Welcome Steven!
Are you a member of Dominion Mail List aren't you?
No, I'm not a member of Dominion Mail List, but some of my friends are to keep me informed.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Hello Steven

I guess we visited the Electric Ballroom together before the Roundhouse gig, right?

Anyway, welcome in the heartlands 8)
in dub we trust