Your Favourite Five Tracks of 2011

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Another year draws to a close. What were your favourite five tracks of 2011 ? It may be over 18 years since TSOM released anything new, but there's plenty of good other stuff out there. Here's my five to start you off :

1) Peace to Each - Peter Murphy
The Velocity Bird back to his vespertilian best. Lots of echoes fo the Bauhaus albums on Ninth and none more so than on this
2) A Pale Horse Named Death - Die Alone
A cross between Type O Negative and Alice in Chains is not everyone's cup of tea, but with Pete's vocals this would be even better. Good work, Sal.
3) Dutch Order - Violence
JD overtones from the English newcomers. Promising.
4) Mephisto Waltz - Alexandria
I was never a fan of Christian Death but you have to admire Barry G still plugging away at the age of 58. One of those tunes that you can't help going round in your head for days.
5) March Violets - London's Drowning
Great to have Si and the gang back even if the production could do with being a bit meatier. IMHO this is the best of the tracks released so far

Who's next ?
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Without having put too much thought into it:

Azari & III - Manic
Overall brilliance!
M83 - Midnight City
Best intro
PLANNINGTOROCK - Living it out
Gives her gigs a huge kick in the arse
Metronomy - We Broke Free
Feel good stuff!
Peaking Lights - All The Sun That Shines
Probably my overall best album too!

I'm looking forward to hearing about everyone's best albums for 2011 too. But then, I'll try to not to make that list before the year is in its last week...
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Band of holy joy : on the ground where John wesley walked
vnv nation : nova
kirlian camera : nightglory
peter murphy : the prince and old lady shade
mick Harvey : october boy
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Brian Eno- Bless this space. Funky/soul touch in Eno's music?!
Tom Waits- Talking at same time.
Wire- Pleas take. It was nice go 'sing' that song with Graham L., esp. when you high as me. (Move! you're blocking my view, i've seen far too much of you) :lol:
Sieben- We wait. Live much more better than on album- whole lot more energy; watching Matt building this song, playing and singing with his passion is a great experience. (not really song with copyright ad 2011)
Nacht und Nebel (PL)-Sundail 2. Very good song, with even better lyrics. Kinda sentimental and nostalgic.

That's list of songs from 2011, if it's about song that i heard in 2011 i could be much harder to choose.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

I can't think of five tracks as I haven't bought much new music this year, but I can manage two:

"Sex War Sex Cars Sex" from Ulterior's 2011 album "Wild in Wildlife"

and for mellower moments

"Snowflake" from Kate Bush's 2011 album "50 Words for Snow"