AHR�YEPH

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Thanks once again for the support, y'all!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Ahráyeph wrote:Time for new music, even if it's not my own. Sophia's 'Leaving', with an added part of The God Machine's 'Boy By The Roadside' at the tail end for good measure, all yours for one measly Euro. The artwork was kept sober to reflect the sparseness and bleakness of the song. Recorded with Robin Proper-Sheppard's permission. It's dark. So dark it scares even me. Seriously, you should own this...

Now available with the Stamp Of Approval of Robin himself. He checked the song out yesterday, and here's what he said :

"...most importantly, I know how much these songs meant to you and I think the thought and emotion you put into them have really done them justice.

The thing that I appreciate the most is that these aren't the most complicated nor virtuoso songs, quite simple in fact, but it was the original emotion that you related to and wanted to interpret in your own way and that makes me feel great. At the end of the day it's all about knowing that people, someone somewhere, anywhere, even just one person (!) understanding where a song comes from and I think, as a songwriter, we've accomplished something.
"

Warms the heart, getting kudos from one of your all time musical heroes... :oops:
radiojamaica
Overbomber

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
in dub we trust
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

indeed :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

i've never come across anyone who hasn't heard you to be blown away by the power of your voice Raf!

very happy for you that your all time musical hero told you so!
we knew it all this time. :wink: 8)
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote:indeed :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

i've never come across anyone who hasn't heard you to be blown away by the power of your voice Raf!

very happy for you that your all time musical hero told you so!
we knew it all this time. :wink: 8)
Thanks for the kind words, Debs. :)

Well, Robin paid me a visit today to return my acoustic guitar. He didn't stay that long, but long enough for me to enjoy another set of stories from The God Machine days, as well as a guitar lesson on how to play those TGM tunes and some recording tips (TGM's 'Temptation' was recorded solely with two Shure SM58 mics? Awesome!). We also talked about 'Leaving' and he reiterated I did a good job with it. And then we listened to TGM bootlegs (I promised him I would burn the Pukkelpop one on a CD for him. Result, Koen!) and, eh, Killing Joke. Lots of Killing Joke, before I dropped him off at the station again. Time flies when Robin's around...
Last edited by Ahráyeph on 08 Dec 2011, 20:33, edited 1 time in total.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Want a new Ahráyeph T-shirt? Here's how, and what it would look like. And yes, James, this time we will include an 'I Ate All The Pies' size when requested. ;)
Pista
Cureboi

I'd take one off your hands if you had any in L

;D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:I'd take one off your hands if you had any in L

;D
The whole point is to have them made and shipped with the money received from the preorders, so if you preorder an L, that's what you'll get. IF we get to at least 50 preorders before January 1st, that is...
Pista
Cureboi

Gotcha, but can't see any "merch" links
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Ahráyeph wrote:I promised him I would burn the Pukkelpop one on a CD for him. Result, Koen!
Oh my, isn't that something?! :eek: :D
in dub we trust
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:Gotcha, but can't see any "merch" links
Hm, probably forgot to link the mail address, but it's merch[at]ahrayeph[dot]be. Will rectify that situation, thanks for alluding me to it, Steve!
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:
Ahráyeph wrote:I promised him I would burn the Pukkelpop one on a CD for him. Result, Koen!
Yeah, mon. He's really keen to have it, as it has the Tibetan monk drones intro tape, where most TGM bootlegs don't. :D
Pista
Cureboi

Ahráyeph wrote:
Pista wrote:Gotcha, but can't see any "merch" links
Hm, probably forgot to link the mail address, but it's merch[at]ahrayeph[dot]be. Will rectify that situation, thanks for alluding me to it, Steve!
Thank fudge for that. I thought I was going blind for a moment.

email incoming!

:)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Ahráyeph wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:
Yeah, mon. He's really keen to have it, as it has the Tibetan monk drones intro tape, where most TGM bootlegs don't. :D
What can I say? Glad I can help the man out :lol: :wink:

A friend of mine sent me this link a while ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wop1r-d7Me4
Fun video of the God Machine performing Dream Machine on a bus on the road in Holland. Smoke machines, cowboy hats, duelling guitars, ... it's got it all ;D

And talking about shirts, I wore mine with pride at the Roundhouse gig a few weeks ago. It was the old one of course :wink:
in dub we trust
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:
Ahráyeph wrote:
radiojamaica wrote: Oh my, isn't that something?! :eek: :D
What can I say? Glad I can help the man out :lol: :wink:

A friend of mine sent me this link a while ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wop1r-d7Me4
Fun video of the God Machine performing Dream Machine on a bus on the road in Holland. Smoke machines, cowboy hats, duelling guitars, ... it's got it all ;D

And talking about shirts, I wore mine with pride at the Roundhouse gig a few weeks ago. It was the old one of course :wink:
Excellent! I'm sending this one to Robin, I don't think he's ever seen this. :lol:

By the way, he shared a fun fact with me about 'Temptation' : the whole track was apparently recorded with just two Shure SM58 vocal mics. Makes that song even more impressive to me...
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Ahráyeph wrote:Want a new Ahráyeph T-shirt? Here's how, and what it would look like. And yes, James, this time we will include an 'I Ate All The Pies' size when requested. ;)
Rude but made me laugh... :)
"as we walk on the floodland"
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:
Ahráyeph wrote:Want a new Ahráyeph T-shirt? Here's how, and what it would look like. And yes, James, this time we will include an 'I Ate All The Pies' size when requested. ;)
A T-shirt drive is rude yet hilarious? :eek:
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

For those who plan to attend the Porta Nigra Festival dates (Ahráyeph, In My Rosary, Escape With Romeo, Star Industry, Merciful Nuns) on March 17 and 18 in Aarschot, Belgium and Cologne, Germany : tickets can now be preordered at this link.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Pista
Cureboi

Absofookinglootlee brilliant!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Ahráyeph wrote:
Ozpat wrote:
A T-shirt drive is rude yet hilarious? :eek:
Not the drive! :wink:
"as we walk on the floodland"