Ben Christo (DJ Set) Dublin 28th December 2011

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
gothnight
Road Kill

Hey folks,
if you happen to be in Dublin on the 28th of December, then come along to the 'Barley Dunnes Reunion' old school goth night, with guest DJ set from The Sisters guitarist, Ben Christo, and 3 other guest DJ's. Start's at 8pm in Fibbers Rock Bar on Ormond Quay.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000968929845
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Looks a bit goth...
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Jim wrote:Looks a bit goth...
FB: "A night of old school goth, post punk, new wave and 80's alternative."

So yes; a bit goth...
"as we walk on the floodland"
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

bit surprised that ben would be DJing at one of those kind of nights tbh, being as how he knows very little of the genre(s). def leppard and motley crue is more his bag :lol:

unless he's bought himself a copy of dark side of the 80s ;D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Quiff Boy wrote:...a copy of dark side of the 80s ;D
Have you noticed, all those sh!tey 80s goff compilations have a permutation of "any 15 out of these 30 tracks" plus "two tracks that were current at the time of release".

It's almost as if they were put together by lazy record company execs who didn't have a clue...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

markfiend wrote:It's almost as if they were put together by lazy record company execs who didn't have a clue...
...d'ya think? :innocent:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:bit surprised that ben would be DJing at one of those kind of nights tbh, being as how he knows very little of the genre(s). def leppard and motley crue is more his bag :lol:

unless he's bought himself a copy of dark side of the 80s ;D
Poor Ben. I wonder if he'll be playing any m*****n. :innocent:
I can't imagine "poodle rock" will go down well with a goff crowd - best stick to that classic-rock-lite-with-a goff-image stuff the kids of today seem to like so much - My Chemical Romance, Black Veil Brides, Evanescence, Paramore and the like.
Batty Von Blingtrash
Amphetamine Filth

If anyone is heading to this let me know - most folk I know in Dublin are away home for Christmas and I don't fancy braving it alone! :)

Flying out of Dublin EARLY the next morning - that could be fun...
Somebody tell me about the rhythm of the 4th floor.
mh
Above the Chemist

Down with man-flu at the moment so I'll be sitting this out. :( :( :(
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

mh wrote:Down with man-flu at the moment so I'll be sitting this out. :( :( :(
Get well soon Moichel! :wink:
"as we walk on the floodland"