Damned United

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

saw this film the other day, and i realy enjoyed it, but since there quite a few Leeds fans here on the forum i was wondering what they think of it
Garbageman
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Brilliant portrayal of Brian Cough. Michael Sheen is a joy to watch. Nearly as good as his portrayal of Kenneth Williams in Fantabulosa.
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
Silver_Owl
The Don

As a Derby fan I thought it was a great film. Love Cloughy. :notworthy:
The book is even better though. Why else would anyone take the Leeds job other than to f**k up Revies legacy? :innocent:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Ditto as a Forest fan. Loved the film. Tim Spall was inspired casting as Peter Taylor and I thought that the Don Revie character was very lifelike too. Revie and Clough were from very similar backgrounds (even down to geographical region) and their footballing philosophies were more similar than Clough would admit. Revie's teams played quick, possession football and could mix it when required. Dave Mackay was Derby's Bremner, a role Archie Gemmill (sort of) filled for Forest. And all three Scots...