North Korea

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

sultan2075 wrote:I am not sure why you are whining...
And I'm not sure why you have to keep being so rude.
sultan2075 wrote:...about the racist dwarves crack
You don't think it was maybe, well, a little racist?
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

moses wrote:
DeWinter wrote:
Said the racist Anglo-Saxon

I do love being called racist. Not as much as homophobic, or "Little Englander", but enough. I then point out that I must be the first bisexual who speaks three different European languages and is engaged to a foreign national to merit those labels. Im a Guardian readers nightmare, a right-winger you can't hang your neuroses on!
Oh, my fathers family are Irish, so not sure if I count as Anglo-Saxon.
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

DeWinter wrote:Im a Guardian readers nightmare
That's one analogy.

I've always thought of you as a turkey contrarily determined to vote for Christmas. ;)
moses

DeWinter wrote:
moses wrote:
DeWinter wrote:
Said the racist Anglo-Saxon

I do love being called racist. Not as much as homophobic, or "Little Englander", but enough. I then point out that I must be the first bisexual who speaks three different European languages and is engaged to a foreign national to merit those labels. Im a Guardian readers nightmare, a right-winger you can't hang your neuroses on!
Oh, my fathers family are Irish, so not sure if I count as Anglo-Saxon.
Well you are certainly very arrogant, that's for sure!

And just so you know my mother is from Sri-Lanka and my father is Welsh, I don't read The Guardian, I speak 3 languages fluently and I'm engaged to a French girl, not sure what nationality that makes our child, oh yes and I'm homophonic :D
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
sultan2075
Overbomber

stufarq wrote:
sultan2075 wrote:I am not sure why you are whining...
And I'm not sure why you have to keep being so rude.
sultan2075 wrote:...about the racist dwarves crack
You don't think it was maybe, well, a little racist?
There is nothing racist in describing the effects of education. One might say it is the opposite of racist, since it credits the effect of institutions and says nothing at all about so-called "race." Is it racist to say that a society is racist? That a culture is racist? Am I racist if I speak of the antebellum American south as racist? Am I racist if I point out that chronic malnutrition (which has social and political causes, and not racial ones) has harmful effects? Please.

Regardless, this is a rather pointless conversation. When one is called a racist, all discussion has already ceased. You've already decided I am an evil person. Suggestions of racism are indicative of weak argumentation.

Sorry you've been offended.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
DeWinter

moses wrote:
DeWinter wrote:
moses wrote:

Well you are certainly very arrogant, that's for sure!

And just so you know my mother is from Sri-Lanka and my father is Welsh, I don't read The Guardian, I speak 3 languages fluently and I'm engaged to a French girl, not sure what nationality that makes our child, oh yes and I'm homophonic :D
I like to call it "healthy self-esteem"!;)
DeWinter

lazarus corporation wrote:
That's one analogy.

I've always thought of you as a turkey contrarily determined to vote for Christmas. ;)
I like that one! Not as much as markfiend calling me an authoritarian sociopath with no empathy, but close!:p
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

sultan2075 wrote:Is it racist to say that a society is racist? That a culture is racist? Am I racist if I speak of the antebellum American south as racist?
Yes. Describing individuals as racism is defensible but describing an entire nation as racist isn't. Not unless you can vouch for them all.
sultan2075 wrote:Regardless, this is a rather pointless conversation. When one is called a racist, all discussion has already ceased.
Except when it's the entire population of North Korea?
sultan2075 wrote:You've already decided I am an evil person.
Did I at any point say that or anything resembling it? I have no reason to think that you're evil although you've given me no reason on this thread to like or respect you very much. (I'm sure that won't bother you in the least, which is fine.)
sultan2075 wrote:Suggestions of racism are indicative of weak argumentation.
Not when the person is actually being racist. However, saying that anyone who criticises you has already lost the argument very much is.

But what a bizarre thing to say. Are you seriously proposing that we should never suggest that someone is being racist because it's a weak argument?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Can we all calm down a little please?

Also, I've edited in a couple of closing [/quote] tags to some posts to help keep straight who said what. ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
sultan2075
Overbomber

Yeah.

This whole thing is stupid.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

(back on topic ...)
No surprises at the funeral - carefully orchestrated mass hysteria, displays of military might, cult of personality writ large - a late bid to upstage Sir Jimmy for funeral of the year.