Kick In The Eye - A night of 80s Goth! - Leeds - 28th Jan

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Phono Paul
Grimly Sheepish

KICK IN THE EYE - A night of 80s Goth!

"Break out the crimpers, slap on the black eyeliner and then hit the dancefloor for a night of the best Goth music from the 80s!"

Dig out those old clothes from the back of the wardrobe and dress up in your goth finest! We'll provide the smoke and tunes and hopefully together we can recapture the heady atmosphere of those goth nights we used to frequent back in the day..!

With request-friendly DJs (feel free to request tracks in advance!) playing all your favourite goth bands, along with a little of the other stuff that used to be get played regularly at goth nights too! (For an idea of the stuff we'll be playing, see the list below!)

-|=|-|=|-|=|-|=|-|=|-|=|-

Saturday 28th January 2012
10pm - 2am | £4 before midnight
The Library, Woodhouse Lane, Leeds, LS2 3AP

-|=|-|=|-|=|-|=|-|=|-|=|-

Featuring ex-Phono DJs Phono Paul (Oblivion, Sunday Club, Flock!) and Quiffboy (Sin City, Heartland) playing stuff like...

Alien Sex Fiend - All About Eve - Adam & the Ants - Bauhaus - Birthday Party - Blondie - Bolshoi - Chameleons - Christian Death - Clash - Cramps - Crazyhead - Creaming Jesus - Creatures - Cult - Cure - Damned - Danielle Dax - Danse Society - David Bowie - Dead Kennedys - Depeche Mode - Echo & The Bunnymen - Fields Of The Nephilim - Fuzzbox - Gary Numan - Gene Loves Jezebel - Ghostdance - Human League - Iggy & The Stooges - Jesus & Mary Chain - Joy Division - Killing Joke - Love & Rockets - Magazine - March Violets - Marionettes - Martha & The Muffins - m*****n - New Model Army - Nick Cave - OMD - Only Ones - PIL - Play Dead - Psychedelic Furs - Psycho Surgeons - Red Lorry Yellow Lorry - Rose Of Avalanche - Rosetta Stone - Salvation - Sex Pistols - Siouxsie & The Banshees - Sisters Of Mercy - Skeletal Family - Smiths - Soft Cell - Stranglers - Strawberry Switchblade - Specimen - Teardrop Explodes - Theatre Of Hate - Violent Femmes - Virgin Prunes - Visage - Xmal Deutschland - Zodiac Mindwarp
Phono Paul
Grimly Sheepish

(Free entry if you've been to The Marching Men gig beforehand, which I'm sure Tim can tell you all about. Apparently they play Sisters songs...)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

huzzah 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Phono Paul wrote:(Free entry if you've been to The Marching Men gig beforehand, which I'm sure Tim can tell you all about. Apparently they play Sisters songs...)
Apparently? You've seen us play once!

:lol:
Batty Von Blingtrash
Amphetamine Filth

I'm going to try to get over for this, it looks great :)
Somebody tell me about the rhythm of the 4th floor.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Tut tut. Someone missed off THE.

:roll: :lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i think you'll find paul has omitted the definite article from ALL the bands, in the interests of clarity and ease of A-Z sorting :lol:
Silver_Owl
The Don

A poor excuse. :lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Phono Paul
Grimly Sheepish

Quiff Boy wrote:i think you'll find paul has omitted the definite article from ALL the bands, in the interests of clarity and ease of A-Z sorting :lol:
nah, I just like to irk the purists
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

:lol:
Silver_Owl
The Don

Phono Paul wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:i think you'll find paul has omitted the definite article from ALL the bands, in the interests of clarity and ease of A-Z sorting :lol:
;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Phono Paul wrote:
HA HA! the purists ? 8)
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Jim
Slight Overbomber

I shan't be there, but I reckon you should just put the whole of Azoic on back to back, because it's amazing.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
Francis
Overbomber

Phono Paul wrote:Alien Sex Fiend - All About Eve - Adam & the Ants - Bauhaus - Birthday Party - Blondie - Bolshoi - Chameleons - Christian Death - Clash - Cramps - Crazyhead - Creaming Jesus - Creatures - Cult - Cure - Damned - Danielle Dax - Danse Society - David Bowie - Dead Kennedys - Depeche Mode - Echo & The Bunnymen - Fields Of The Nephilim - Fuzzbox - Gary Numan - Gene Loves Jezebel - Ghostdance - Human League - Iggy & The Stooges - Jesus & Mary Chain - Joy Division - Killing Joke - Love & Rockets - Magazine - March Violets - Marionettes - Martha & The Muffins - m*****n - New Model Army - Nick Cave - OMD - Only Ones - PIL - Play Dead - Psychedelic Furs - Psycho Surgeons - Red Lorry Yellow Lorry - Rose Of Avalanche - Rosetta Stone - Salvation - Sex Pistols - Siouxsie & The Banshees - Sisters Of Mercy - Skeletal Family - Smiths - Soft Cell - Stranglers - Strawberry Switchblade - Specimen - Teardrop Explodes - Theatre Of Hate - Violent Femmes - Virgin Prunes - Visage - Xmal Deutschland - Zodiac Mindwarp
No Meatloaf? Not for me then.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Phono Paul
Grimly Sheepish

It's probably a good time to mention that this is now imminent (if you consider less than a few weeks imminent, which apparently I do!)...

...if the thought of four hours of 80s(ish) goth isn't enough to get you out, The Marching Men (they do Sisters songs) will be playing live beforehand.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Dey do do dat do, don't dey?
Phono Paul
Grimly Sheepish

this Saturday!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

looking forward to this tomorrow :D

KICK IN THE EYE - A night of 80s Goth!

Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Even moses is welcome.
Four strings good, six strings bad
moses
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Norman Hunter wrote:Even moses is welcome.
As I will be near Leeds on that weekend I might just pop along :D
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity