The Cure

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

26-05-2012 Pinkpop Festival, Landgraaf, Holland :D :notworthy:

Also: Italy, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, France
Lots more to come...
"as we walk on the floodland"
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

meh

(runs and hides from the wrath of Pista)

:lol:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Pista
Cureboi

weebleswobble wrote:meh

(runs and hides from the wrath of Pista)

:lol:
OI!
I resemble that remark
;D

8 festivals announced thus far
http://www.cureconnections.com/live-2012/

& looks like more to be announced in the coming days :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
rian
Slight Overbomber

Saw them a couple of years ago in Sweden. Sorry to say, the sound was terrible.

:(
I think someone set my soul alight
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Ozpat wrote:26-05-2012 Pinkpop Festival, Landgraaf, Holland :D :notworthy:

Also: Italy, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, France
Lots more to come...
So no way out for you then eh Pat :wink:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Pista
Cureboi

rian wrote:Saw them a couple of years ago in Sweden. Sorry to say, the sound was terrible.

4Tour right?

They have Roger back in now & the Reflections shows sounded brilliant, as did Bestival. ;D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
rian
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:
rian wrote:Saw them a couple of years ago in Sweden. Sorry to say, the sound was terrible.

4Tour right?

They have Roger back in now & the Reflections shows sounded brilliant, as did Bestival. ;D
Can't remember the name of the tour, but must have been 4 years ago. Played in Stockholm at Hovet. We had pretty bad seats as well.

Love to see them again though! :wink:
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Yeah! I'm very happy with that news myself. Guess I'll finally make it to Pinkpop this year!

Pista wrote:

4Tour right?

Are ye mental?! :eek: The 4Tour was great! At least the gig in Antwerp I visited... sound was amazing back then.
I for one will miss Porl Thompson this time around, but I know I'm gonna love it just as much ;D
in dub we trust
rian
Slight Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:
Yeah! I'm very happy with that news myself. Guess I'll finally make it to Pinkpop this year!

Pista wrote:

4Tour right?

Are ye mental?! :eek: The 4Tour was great! At least the gig in Antwerp I visited... sound was amazing back then.
I for one will miss Porl Thompson this time around, but I know I'm gonna love it just as much ;D
Totally wrong venue I guess. And bad seats......
radiojamaica
Overbomber

rian wrote:Totally wrong venue I guess. And bad seats......
Sorry to hear that, because on a good night they can still blow you away.
I'm still buzzing from the gig in 2008 :wink:
I hope you have better luck next time!
in dub we trust
rian
Slight Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:
rian wrote:Totally wrong venue I guess. And bad seats......
Sorry to hear that, because on a good night they can still blow you away.
I'm still buzzing from the gig in 2008 :wink:
I hope you have better luck next time!
Me too, thanx!
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

At least at a festival their set will not run to nearly four hours as they did last time I saw them in the, erm, must have been early nineties :oops: at Wembley Arena. They were bloody good though.
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Saw them in 82 in Bristol and was underage so stood meekly at the back of the hall. When the bass first kicked in I thought my head was going to implode. Ears buzzed for over 24hrs afterwards. Happy Days.
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Just got hold of the "cold" boot which is from late '84. A marvelous gig , maybe the best live performance i ve heard of them. Hearing that you just can't be bothered going to see them live just to play the old songs over and over again but totaly lacking the passion and excitement of the early days.

I ll pass..
Pista
Cureboi

Silence is platinum wrote:Just got hold of the "cold" boot which is from late '84. A marvelous gig , maybe the best live performance i ve heard of them. Hearing that you just can't be bothered going to see them live just to play the old songs over and over again but totaly lacking the passion and excitement of the early days.

I ll pass..
Washington 84 & a fine SBD bootleg too.

I think there'll be some surprises this year. Change of line up & talks of new material.
But as for the old stuff, have a look at some of the Reflections videos on youtube. You might be surprised :wink:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

I have seen quite a few Steve but wasn't imprised , the only Cure gig i d go now would if they d play a small venue (1000 capacity)to be at the front row. That i would do, but festivals and stadiums? no way.
Still the re-release of "wish" is something to look forward to. Damn fine album.
metal on metal
Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote:Change of line up
Do you mean Roger coming back or has someone else got up from / gone back to the subs bench?

I'd certainly like to see them this year if they play anywhere near me. I wasn't completely impressed with them on the 4Tour. They definitely weren't crap by any means but some of those songs desperately missed keyboards.

Glasgow '89 is still the pinnacle of my Cure gig-going career. I'm not sure they'll ever top that period but still always a band worth seeing.
Pista
Cureboi

metal on metal wrote: Do you mean Roger coming back or has someone else got up from / gone back to the subs bench?
Yep. Roger coming back.
Porl has vanished (under a cloud I hear) & no official announcement anywhere.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

radiojamaica wrote:
Would be nice! We'll have a few to drink again. :twisted:
If you need a spot to crash....etc.... ;D

I'll have a son by then... :eek:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:At least at a festival their set will not run to nearly four hours as they did last time I saw them in the, erm, must have been early nineties :oops: at Wembley Arena. They were bloody good though.
Mine is just as long ago :oops: ;D

They played Leipzig when the wall was still there, so it can't have been long after '89. We drove over from West Germany, 5 goffs squeezed in a tiny old car, over that lousy DDR mockery-of-an-autobahn, so our butts hurt when we got there. The local folks acted like they had never seen some serious big hair before, and first thing I knew was a bunch of skinheads were chasing us down the streets.
I think the gig was actually great, but my butt was sore, so were my feet, cause pointy shoes are not made for athletic running, and all, so I had a s**t night.

Coming to think about it, serves them Leipzigers right that they now host a humongous goff festival. Maybe they brought it upon themselves by being so nasty that day ;D
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I've never seen The Cure. I'm not quite sure how I managed to miss them every time. ???
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
czuczu
Overbomber

Prayer & Wish tours were amazing but Glastonbury 1995 and the albums after that were cack. I gave up on them until the 4tour and the return of Porl. Loved the 2008 and 2009 shows and Reflections was fantastic so I was quite up for seeing them again.
Then I heard the Bestival CD and it sounds awful - wimpy sound and lazy versions of all the same old songs by a line-up that is sorely missing a second guitar.

Difficult choice :?
metal on metal
Amphetamine Filth

I've just seen that they're playing at Primavera Sound! It had a great enough line-up already but this is the icing on the cake! OK, looks like I'll be seeing The Cure this year after all :P
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:
Would be nice! We'll have a few to drink again. :twisted:
If you need a spot to crash....etc.... ;D

I'll have a son by then... :eek:
Ooh, isn't that something! By then I'll have two ;D
See you at the bar then, second one on the right :innocent:

The Cure @ Primavera festival is like manna from heaven... but I'm not even gonna consider that one this time around.
in dub we trust
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

metal on metal wrote:I've just seen that they're playing at Primavera Sound! It had a great enough line-up already but this is the icing on the cake! OK, looks like I'll be seeing The Cure this year after all :P
Sadly just in Barcelona and not in Porto though...
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr