Any embarrassing Christmas work parties yet?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Then let's hear the goss, whether it happened to you or your colleagues (God I hate that word!). Personally I can't stand work do's and am desperately trying to get out of mine.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Big Si
School Bully

:oops: NO COMMENT :oops:

And we've got another on friday night.....

:twisted:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

snubnoseuk wrote:Then let's hear the goss, whether it happened to you or your colleagues (God I hate that word!). Personally I can't stand work do's and am desperately trying to get out of mine.
Hey, snubby - go here... ;D :wink:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Thanks SIN. I'm just not paying attention am I?
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Got mine today. Thai meal at 12.30 followed by the hell of all day drinking. Report to follow.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

snubnoseuk wrote:Personally I can't stand work do's and am desperately trying to get out of mine.
Well I managed to get out of mine last week due to touring commitments with Rhombus :wink:

Us civil servants have to PAY for our Xmas do's (I kid you not!) as apparently 'those who shall be obeyed' said we can't be seen spending public money enjoying ourselves. :roll:
Last edited by Scardwel on 19 Dec 2003, 11:45, edited 1 time in total.
The Scene won't save you...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Scardwel wrote:"I still believe in Santa, but Santa no longer believes in me."
:notworthy: Nice ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Had one last week, and managed to bribe the coach driver to divert via my house on the way home. Horrah!

Like the new avatar Scardy! Rock!!!!!
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

tomorrow. with bosses of 3 weeks standing. hmmm
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Thea
Overbomber

there was a "works do" of some kind before the UKsubs last night in the casbah in sheff.

me and black horizon cowered on our sofa while shreiky women wearing tinsel and drinking cheap white wine cackled to each other....

*shudder*
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Ed Rhombus wrote:Had one last week, and managed to bribe the coach driver to divert via my house on the way home. Horrah!
Nice one. Assuming you were drunk, there are few things worse than the drunken walk home on your own.
James Blast
Banned

Department do with ChEx and the haridan that is our Assistant ChEx is tonight, as you can see I am not there. Monday 3pm is department quiz, bun fight and drink sesh (only serious drinkers need apply) I will attend that. :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Angelchild
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Scardwel wrote:
snubnoseuk wrote:Personally I can't stand work do's and am desperately trying to get out of mine.
Well I managed to get out of mine last week due to touring commitments with Rhombus :wink:

Us civil servants have to PAY for our Xmas do's (I kid you not!) as apparently 'those who shall be obeyed' said we can't be seen spending public money enjoying ourselves. :roll:
Yup,us too :(
We all went out for a meal and did Bran Tub presents,then went back and did not a lot all afternoon.So sadly no scurrilous goss to tell anyone.
"Ohne deine hilfe verliere
Ich mich in diesem ort"
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Having spent most of my working life in charities/ public bodies, I'm now working for an unashamedly capitalist self-made millionaire company. And they now how to throw a party and pay for it to boot. The resident bastard got his long-service award and as his department cheered/ booed, he grabbed the microphone and shouted SHUT THE f**k UP. Made me feel quite at home. Shame it's an hour's drive each way, or I could see myself getting one of those.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

I didn't get out of mine unfortunately, couldn't find someone to go in my place. The food was very nice, but drunk academics are a sight to behold. I didn't drink - not after an 'unfortunate incident' last year :oops:

Shut the **** up will be my phrase for next year.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Well apart from the vast amount of cash spent mine passed without too much incident. It's always fun watching the young usually reserved members of staff getting paraletic.
Oh well, only 3 more days to go.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Since friday, I'm known here as "the extremely drunk one" :o
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

(until friday, I was the extremely boring one :o
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
James Blast
Banned

Office Party passed without incident, nice purvey, good quiz, ChEx speech was of the Vic Reeves Big Night Out type (baffled 90% of the dept.) and I drank all the red wine, hic. :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Debaser
Overbomber

d00mw0lf wrote:the UKsubs last night in the casbah in sheff.
How old does Charlie Harper look now? He was positively fossilised back in the 70's...ah the heady days of Retford Porterhouse
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else