Eat Healthy, Take Regular Exercise & Still Die!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

I got a free health screen last week courtesy of my work and I’ve just got the results back. Apparently, I’m showing marginally elevated cholesterol. I’m thirty-one years old, take regular exercise, haven’t eaten red meat since 91, try to eat plenty of vegetables, have never smoked and don’t even drink that much now.
To put it in proportion – my blood pressure is fine, my resting heartbeat is also good - 52 bpm and my ECG was normal, so I’m not about to keel over, which kind of makes me wonder how I can be heading towards clogged arteries so soon in life.
Guess it’s time to cut back on the full fat cheeses and the home made garlic bread packed full of butter, or maybe I should just go out and have a Big Mac and be done with it?
That said, I’m at least 11 lbs. under weight as it is, guess I’m gonna have to have that extra helping of (plain) pasta. :roll: :(
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Angelchild
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Erudite wrote:I got a free health screen last week courtesy of my work and I’ve just got the results back. Apparently, I’m showing marginally elevated cholesterol. I’m thirty-one years old, take regular exercise, haven’t eaten red meat since 91, try to eat plenty of vegetables, have never smoked and don’t even drink that much now.
To put it in proportion – my blood pressure is fine, my resting heartbeat is also good - 52 bpm and my ECG was normal, so I’m not about to keel over, which kind of makes me wonder how I can be heading towards clogged arteries so soon in life.
Guess it’s time to cut back on the full fat cheeses and the home made garlic bread packed full of butter, or maybe I should just go out and have a Big Mac and be done with it?
That said, I’m at least 11 lbs. under weight as it is, guess I’m gonna have to have that extra helping of (plain) pasta. :roll: :(
Enjoy the odd Big Mac,hin :)
You're lucky.I don't think I've ever been 11lbs underweight in my life!!!!!!
:(
I've never had any of these kind of tests done and judging by your current
fitness & lifestyle you'll probably outlive me! :eek: :) :wink:
"Ohne deine hilfe verliere
Ich mich in diesem ort"
Debaser
Overbomber

This may sound crass...but HA...makes me feel so much better about my idle/slothlike state, irregular and lard eating antics, over weight and a secret smoker...but a cholestrol level that's hunky dory!

Bad for you E...but it made me feel so much better

Bet I die first though...if it make you feel better ;)
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Luckily my cholesterol looked good in the one test I took last year. I don't eat vegetables or fruit, I never work out and I usually drink a little something every day. But on the other hand I only use olive oil when I cook and I rarely make cream sauces. I'm slim and I feel good, but something tells me I may have been lucky this far.

How is the writing business going Erudite?
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

The Green Lantern wrote: How is the writing business going Erudite?
If I had to be perfectly honest I'd have to say it's not going at the moment.
But it's been a good learning experience. The main problem with Print On Demand is that I don't have a marketing budget, any distribution and the only promotion is what I sort out myself.
I've drafted in some assistance to jazz up the web site, which may help to spread the word.
Other than that, I'm still looking for an agent.

But thanks for asking.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

<puts on uniform> f**k off it's my day off
<takes uniform back off again>

Just get some Pro-active or summit!!
Only a paand.
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

aaah - but is it the right sort of exercise :wink:
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
James Blast
Banned

40 a day, several bottles of merlot and Death still comes to slowly with RJ types around. :(
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

err.. you could just log-off.... :twisted:
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Your not listening to the right kind of music to live forever Don! ;)

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
mayhem
Glam Rock Throwback

Why go looking for trouble?

I don't want extra years in my seventies & eighties. If there had been a way of getting them before I hit 30 that would have been fine.

But I'd rather my vices got me than I live to 90 in nappies, believing I am the Empress Josephine.

Just my point of view.

M
mh
Above the Chemist

It's not when you go but how you go. I'm on 40 a day too, been cutting back on the beer lately, eat reasonably healthy and get loadsa exercise, so it looks like lung cancer before a heart attack for me. Nice to think I'll probably die screaming.

God, what a morbid subject.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Padstar wrote:Your not listening to the right kind of music to live forever Don! ;)

Paddy.
I still expect my "three score and ten".
If I don't get it I'm gonna sue God for telling porkies in the Bible
(looks furtively round for a lightning bolt).