Drum programming/akai sampler advice...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Ok, new idea...

Program all the drums and then put them straight onto different channels of an 8 track recorder. Do 8 tracks output separate tracks, or is it multi-track in only? Also, is there a reasonably priced one out there that has the memory for several songs?
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Jeremiah
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Hmm not sure about that; back in the days before recording was generally done by computers, 4/8 tracks would often be able to do this.

I haven't really paid much attention to the market recently, but get the impression that most standalone recording devices focus on being as compact, lightweight and simple as possible rather than try to compete with a PC based system in terms of features and outputs, so you might have difficulty finding a modern device that will do this.

However, there might be older secondhand ones going cheap.
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Decision made!

Akai S3000 purchased - this will output my live drums

Roland 707 - For programming the tracks

NEEDED: A midi Sequencer that will hold AT LEAST 8 separate songs (10+ more desirable) that will record midi in real time onto a track and then playback in when selected.

Any of you lot got one to sell?
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Machine Regime
Amphetamine Filth

As an aside, does anyone have a link to any samples of the Dok (90s era onward)?
People do so like to help you keep your feet on the ground
damagedone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Machine Regime wrote:As an aside, does anyone have a link to any samples of the Dok (90s era onward)?
I've been looking for this as well but nothing really comes out.
Would be great to have some of the beautiful snares and etc.
Keep Music Evil