Help! Anybody got...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

..a copy of Win ME lying about that thay would be able to copy for me?

My copy has just got one scratch too many and because of this I can't get my friends computer back up and working and she is not happy.

Any help would be appreciated!

Ce||Three
24.24.2.489 Deceased
James Blast
Banned

Get a Mac :D

sorry :(
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
cocoamix
Amphetamine Filth

Christ, even amongst Windows Fans, WinME is universally reviled.

Just go steal a copy of W2K or XP like everyone else.
Thea
Overbomber

i quite like ME. i've never used XP or W2K, (well, i borrowed my mate's 'puter with XP for a few mins to check mail. was quite nice)

i stil miss win95 :(
James Blast
Banned

To each, their own, I guess... Macs are just so elegant and easy to use, but I guess it's what you're used to. Big Sigh.

not Big Si, just so's ye ken :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mugabe
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

CellThree wrote:..a copy of Win ME lying about that thay would be able to copy for me?

My copy has just got one scratch too many and because of this I can't get my friends computer back up and working and she is not happy.

Any help would be appreciated!
The only thing good about Windows ME is that it automatically saves system restore points, in order for the user to be able to do a rollback to a point saved when the system was working. Tried System Restore?
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Heh, what happened was my friend had a party the other day. One of our other friends got totally s**t-faced and checked his email, updated the virus scans and a couple of other things.

Next time my friend tried to turn on the computer it wouldn't start up. Checked it over last night and basically all the video drivers and various windows files were corrupted. All their data is on another drive so it is easier to re-install Windows than it is to try and somehow rescue the data. System Restore didn't work because those files are corrupted as well! I don't know what the hell he did to it. But he was drinking absinthe cocktails that night, so it could be anything.

I can't put Win2000 on as the other drive is Fat32 and as far as I know Win2000 only recognises NTFS.

WinME never caused me any major problems as long as it was installed from scratch. First time I used it I updated it over Win98 and it was absolutely awful.

I've just reformatted the C: Drive so it's all ready to go. Just can't install the damn OS coz the disc is knackered.

If they could afford it, I'd tell them to go get a copy of XP. But they can't.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
mugabe
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

CellThree wrote: I can't put Win2000 on as the other drive is Fat32 and as far as I know Win2000 only recognises NTFS.
Win2k has no problem with FAT32.
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Hey Cell, I've got Win2000 running on a FAT32 hard drive. It's worked fine so far, which is about 3 months.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

ok, so I was wrong. Sorry! :D

I had a hell of time installing Win2000 when I first tried it (mainly do to with the fact that I needed a driver for everything so it seemed). Plus I couldn't keep the thing stable, so I went back to WinME at the time as it had a few things that I found useful and missed such as System Restore and Thumbnail options for pictures.

Running XP Pro now which is just totally fantastic as far as I'm concerned.

Which doesn't change the fact that I want a copy of WinME if anyone can help me out!
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

mine is a dell oem copy and doesnt work on any other make of pc :urff: sorry :roll:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?