The Cure

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

Obviousman wrote:
metal on metal wrote:I've just seen that they're playing at Primavera Sound! It had a great enough line-up already but this is the icing on the cake! OK, looks like I'll be seeing The Cure this year after all :P
Sadly just in Barcelona and not in Porto though...
They're doing Optimus Alive though
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Is that on the same days? I get to Porto on Wednesday and go home on Monday (I think). If so, I'm sure we'll shake hands there? :wink:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Pista
Cureboi

That's Lisbon
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Drat
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Pista
Cureboi

Seems they've added Werchter on 28th June ;D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

i'll be there
MUSICA È
Selena
Amphetamine Filth

They will play there: http://www.hurricane.de/

I'd love to see 'em ... not sure if I'll make it though.

(One ticket costs about 100 euro... :? )
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Werchter you say? I knew that ;D
Now the difficult choice: doing both Pinkpop & Werchter or only one of them?
Luxury issues, I know :lol:
in dub we trust
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

radiojamaica wrote:Werchter you say? I knew that ;D
Now the difficult choice: doing both Pinkpop & Werchter or only one of them?
Luxury issues, I know :lol:
Bastard!

Though it's the same on this side of the screen I guess :wink:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

and a bloody € 80 for a ticket for werchter. Djezus. they better play longer than 90' or I will skip :-(
MUSICA È
Pista
Cureboi

stefan moermans wrote:and a bloody € 80 for a ticket for werchter. Djezus. they better play longer than 90' or I will skip :-(
Word from Roger is 2-3 hours for each performance, although Rome will be prolly longer :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:
stefan moermans wrote:and a bloody € 80 for a ticket for werchter. Djezus. they better play longer than 90' or I will skip :-(
Word from Roger is 2-3 hours for each performance, although Rome will be prolly longer :D
hm Rome now that's an idea ;-)
MUSICA È
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Selena wrote:They will play there: http://www.hurricane.de/

I'd love to see 'em ... not sure if I'll make it though.

(One ticket costs about 100 euro... :? )
+ www.southside.de
+ www.roskilde-festival.dk
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
metal on metal
Amphetamine Filth

Got my ticket for Primavera Sound today. Looking forward to it immensely. Veering off topic slightly, I notice the line-up for Primavera features The Chameleons! I'm presuming this is the Chameleons Vox version and someone's being a little cheeky here. Or have they reformed again? (Google isn't throwing any light on the matter at all so does anyone know anything about this?)
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

That's the Barcelona one, right? Primavera tends to have a good record when it comes to bringing oldies back together, so who knows! :)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
metal on metal
Amphetamine Filth

Yeah, Barcelona. Chameleons Vox played here last year but shops selling tickets were advertising them as The Chameleons, which is why I'm sceptical this time round but, as you say, who knows!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

yeah, it's definitely Chameleons Vox

which is basically Mark Burgess (vox) and John Lever (drums), with other guitarists and a bass player

for some reason Burgess doesn't seem to play bass this time around

you'll never* get the two original guitarists back in the fold. Dave Fielding hates Burgess, and vice versa. any chams gig you ever see advertised will always be Chams Vox. the promoters either don't know or don't care, or just take the pi$$

*when i say never, what i mean is that even if hell does freeze over and they do settle their differences, i sincerely doubt dave fielding would play guitar with them again (debaser's other half is mates with him - she can probably fill you in on his state of mind re: a reunion :lol:). and if that did happen, it would be such a big hoohaah, that you would have heard about it already...

it's chams vox.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
rian
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:yeah, it's definitely Chameleons Vox

which is basically Mark Burgess (vox) and John Lever (drums), with other guitarists and a bass player

for some reason Burgess doesn't seem to play bass this time around

you'll never* get the two original guitarists back in the fold. Dave Fielding hates Burgess, and vice versa. any chams gig you ever see advertised will always be Chams Vox. the promoters either don't know or don't care, or just take the pi$$

*when i say never, what i mean is that even if hell does freeze over and they do settle their differences, i sincerely doubt dave fielding would play guitar with them again (debaser's other half is mates with him - she can probably fill you in on his state of mind re: a reunion :lol:). and if that did happen, it would be such a big hoohaah, that you would have heard about it already...

it's chams vox.
Sadly but, yes, true. :(
I think someone set my soul alight
Debaser
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:

it's chams vox.
Aye, tis Vox. State of mind re: reunion :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Plus Dave no longer owns his Microfret and it just wouldn't sound right would it

And we'd never let on until we'd made sure of getting tickets :wink:
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else