who is Landers Evans?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

This was probably covered before but i just noticed on wikipedia that Landres Evans gets listed as a former band member and co-writer of This Corrosion or Torch (it's kinda ambiguous the way it's written). Can anyone shed some light...? Cheers[/list]
playboy

bangles wrote:This was probably covered before but i just noticed on wikipedia that Landres Evans gets listed as a former band member and co-writer of This Corrosion or Torch (it's kinda ambiguous the way it's written). Can anyone shed some light...? Cheers[/list]
This "Landres Evans" is listed on wikipedia as co-writer of Torch. I cannot however find anywhere that Landres is listed as a former band member.
Maybe it is listed somewhere else.
Anyway, both This Corrosion and Torch are written by Andrew alone. They are both registered as Andrew William Harvey Taylor as composer to both music and lyrics. It would not be if other were involved.

There are no info about this Landres anywhere to be found so...
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

playboy wrote:This "Landres Evans" is listed on wikipedia as co-writer of Torch.
*quick edit* Not anymore.

The reference to "Landres Evans" was originally added in 2009 by this user whose only contributions to wikipedia are vandalism. Here is the vandalised version of the page that you can find if you search Wikipedia's history for that page.

It was on this edit that the name "Landres Evans" was added. Some of that user's other vandalism includes the name "Landres" so it's probably the user or some friend of his.

Most of the vandalism was cleaned up, but the person cleaning it up failed to remove the reference to "Landres Evans".

Because this one piece of the vandalism wasn't removed it got copied onto various other sites, and when it was finally removed from Wikipedia ~2010 it's since been re-added because people have seen it on sites that copied the vandalised wikipedia page.

It's gonna be another "Cry Little Sister".

(PS - is it just a coincidence that "Landres Evans" is an anagram of "Neverland Ass")
Being645
Above the Chemist

lazarus corporation wrote: Here is the vandalised version of the page that you can find if you search Wikipedia's history for that page.
:eek::eek::eek: ... Image
FatTimBob
Road Kill

Being645 wrote:
lazarus corporation wrote: Here is the vandalised version of the page that you can find if you search Wikipedia's history for that page.
:eek::eek::eek: ... Image
Some of Roger the Lobster's finest work.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Still more fun than:

"Sex Dating in Coalridge Montana"
"Vhdl Code For Single Cyce Processors"
"Dating Internet Nyc"
"300 Amp Single Pole Contractor"
"Gambia Dating"
"Jobs in Gaysborough"
"Government Jobs In Mn"
"Military Jobs Michigan"

... and further such stuff ...

:cry: :urff: :urff:
sultan2075
Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote: (PS - is it just a coincidence that "Landres Evans" is an anagram of "Neverland Ass")
Sometimes I love you.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

sultan2075 wrote:
lazarus corporation wrote: (PS - is it just a coincidence that "Landres Evans" is an anagram of "Neverland Ass")
Sometimes I love you.
Only sometimes?
sultan2075
Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:
sultan2075 wrote:
Sometimes I love you.
Only sometimes?
Sometimes I post on my iPhone from the pub. Sometimes I'm sober.

And you haven't sent flowers in far too long.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

sultan2075 wrote:
lazarus corporation wrote:
sultan2075 wrote: Sometimes I love you.
Only sometimes?
Sometimes I post on my iPhone from the pub. Sometimes I'm sober.

And you haven't sent flowers in far too long.
:lol:
bangles

and that's another mystery put to bed! Thanks for the info - much appreciated!
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Nice work Paul, the litmus test of truth.