New song by Public Image Ltd

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

One Drop

http://soundcloud.com/slicingupeyeballs ... d-one-drop

Public Image Ltd., "One Drop" — first new song in 20 years. Recorded from its premiere play on Monday, Feb. 13, 2012, on Steve Lamacq's show on BBC 6 Music. Will be released on a vinyl-only EP as part of Record Store Day on April 21, 2012.

More details:
http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2012/0 ... -one-drop/
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Hard to judge after listening this extremly poor quality recording, but it's nothing new both for PIL and Lydon. Nothing bad, but same time it doesn't make me hold breath. But in the other word it's just one song and i'm gonna buy new album anyway.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Thanks for posting this, QB. I am really, really looking forward to this record, and have been for a while. His voice has aged nicely, if you get my drift--it still sounds like him, but it's got a raspy hoarseness to it that I really, really like. It serves him well.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

i thought this interesting given our leaders thoughts on such a feat being possible

"The album's done," Lydon told BBC 6 Music on Monday. "We finished it late last summer, mastered it in September." Since reuniting PiL in 2009, Lydon has often complained about the state of the music business and the lack of industry support. "Everybody thinks I made such a fortune with the Sex Pistols," he said in November. "Unfortunately, that is not true. To make this record we had to tour extensively for two years." It's unclear whether the new album – tentatively titled This Is PiL – will be released independently, or through a record label "[free of] shenanigans [and] dictatorships".
Goths have feelings too
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

i pointed out this in one of thread 'why-u-don't-release-this-damn-album' but, as one of HLer pointed out all this music ind. is messed up seems to be just and only red herring.

on topic, i just listened this once again- it's growing bigger and bigger, i do like that, i do like this dub influence. :notworthy:

and indeed Mr Lydon live sound great this days (i can only compare to recordings from the past),
sultan2075
Overbomber

Bartek wrote:i pointed out this in one of thread 'why-u-don't-release-this-damn-album' but, as one of HLer pointed out all this music ind. is messed up seems to be just and only red herring.

on topic, i just listened this once again- it's growing bigger and bigger, i do like that, i do like this dub influence. :notworthy:

and indeed Mr Lydon live sound great this days (i can only compare to recordings from the past),
Honestly, I'm inclined to agree with you on this red herring business.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Aged voice sounds good. Looking forward to more.
Thanks for the link QB.
"as we walk on the floodland"
Andie
Overbomber

Barry, thanks for the linky, I missed it on the show but heard it talked about later, just didn't think it would be all that wonderful...how very wrong was I!??!

This year is turning out some pretty decent music....must be the end of the world ;)
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

EP- April 21st,album - May 28th
PIL Official wrote:Both the new EP and album is self-funded by PiL and will be released on PiL’s own label ‘PiL Official’ via Cargo UK Distribution.

As we see they can. :wink:

http://www.pilofficial.com/pilpr15.html
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Bollocks, I didn't like it.

:evil:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Being645
Wiki Wizard

I do like it.

Also nice:
The One Drop EP, to be released on vinyl on Record Store Day on April 21, is “four songs to give you a taste of what the album is, which is 12 songs; it’s a lot of music we put together, and all of it’s rather all right,� Lydon said during a brief call ...
sam1
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

2 gigs in London as well

http://www.pilofficial.com/info.html
paint it black

Goths have feelings too
paint it black

direct link to full radio 6 gig

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00q605w
Goths have feelings too
CyberAndy
Road Kill

I went to the PiL Gig in Heaven on Mon. 2nd April ...
A few comments ...

1. They were AMAZING.
2. The new Material sounded fantastic - VERY 'Metal Box' esque.
3. They played for ..... ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY FIVE minutes in all.
4. Of course people will harp on about the 'classic' Lydon/Wobble/Levene line-Up - one person on Monday shouted at Lydon "Where's Wobble you c##t" - but this Line-Up are on fire at present.
5. The new 'self-financed' Album THIS IS PIL is out 28 May, and I can't wait to get a copy .....................

If you like PiL then all I would say is get a ticket for one of their forthcoming dates asap :D
It's A Black Planet ....
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

CyberAndy wrote: line-Up - one person on Monday shouted at Lydon "Where's Wobble you c##t" - but this Line-Up are on fire at present.
it's so pathetic that if i were Lydon and i were heard that i would not answer to that.

they are great now, i had a opportunity to see them last summer and they going to play in Poland this summer (along with RHCP :urff:, Kasabian and few more) - i gotta go.
paint it black

Goths have feelings too
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

another one to listen - lillipop opera. looks that it's gonna be decant album
http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog= ... &tb=1&pb=1
paint it black

Goths have feelings too