Sisters time travel question

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Being645 wrote:Don't know whether this makes it clearer for you, though ... :wink: .
It does actually. Thanks. I was forgetting...

The cold war was a long time ago and it's easy to forget the insanity. Even Harold Wilson (UK Prime Minister twice in the 60s and 70s) was under CIA surveillance because they thought he was a "communist sympathiser", largely because he refused to send British troops to Vietnam.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Wiki Wizard

markfiend wrote:
Being645 wrote:Don't know whether this makes it clearer for you, though ... :wink: .
It does actually. Thanks. I was forgetting...

The cold war was a long time ago and it's easy to forget the insanity. Even Harold Wilson (UK Prime Minister twice in the 60s and 70s) was under CIA surveillance because they thought he was a "communist sympathiser", largely because he refused to send British troops to Vietnam.
Over here in Germany, elected politicians regularly announce publicly that they "no matter, do not talk with the left". And they mean it. Besides that, elected left-wing politicians are - why certainly! - observed by the protection of the constitution, telephone tapping and everything included ...

Cold war is one thing, neoliberalism another ... :urff: ...
Dan
Overbomber

I wouldn't tell him anything, but I'd take a tape recorder, or a HD cam. :D

markfiend wrote:
Being645 wrote: ... are they not tapping your telephone?
I'm a bit puzzled by this...
In the recent NZ radio interview he says he believes his phone is tapped.
zaltys7
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Dan wrote:I wouldn't tell him anything, but I'd take a tape recorder, or a HD cam. :D

markfiend wrote:
Being645 wrote: ... are they not tapping your telephone?
I'm a bit puzzled by this...
Really? Why on earth would he think that?
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Dan wrote:I wouldn't tell him anything, but I'd take a tape recorder, or a HD cam. :D
seconded ;D

I probably would just stay and relive the 80's - maybe take some today technology stuff with me I can sell to big companies to make a living - better become a rich person than think about the side effects of messing around timelines (I can still grow myself a goatie in case some parallel universe pops up) :lol:
Dan
Overbomber

zaltys7 wrote:

markfiend wrote: I'm a bit puzzled by this...
Paranoia and an overinflated sense of his own importance maybe, or perhaps he was just joking around. :lol:
Husek
Slight Overbomber

zaltys7 wrote:

markfiend wrote: I'm a bit puzzled by this...
'cause someone heard rumors about he singing Far Parade on phone.
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Dan
Overbomber

Husek wrote:
zaltys7 wrote:

'cause someone heard rumors about he singing Far Parade on phone.
I'm sure taylor will already have a copy! :D
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Dan wrote:
zaltys7 wrote:
Paranoia and an overinflated sense of his own importance maybe, or perhaps he was just joking around. :lol:
No, I'm sure that something has happened to give him this impression.
Also remember those papers left inside of his parcels ... there is no reason why he should think up such stories...

Anybody to encounter such stuff, would feel - very naturally - a certain unease at the minimum ...

I would suspect ... well .... :oops: ... before suspecting anyone else, I first of all admit that I phoned The Reptile House maybe four or five times in the 1990ies without saying anything, only listening to the silence on the answering machine for minutes on end ... just because I needed to know how the air really was, find even the smallest splint of a difference between that and those terrifying feelings and thoughts I was going through, partly due to those puppet things in my mailbox and stuff, and partly due to, of course, the love ... grasp just one, one short bit of any definite reliable reality ...

Of course, the only ground to stand on, I've found was my own. I know who I am, and what I see and what not. I've always been forced to take things in a relative pragmatical way to survive all the s**t and violence I had to put up with as a kid, i.e. for example if you hate those lies, they deprive you of your life with, you won't have yourself lie yourself! Insofar, I know what I have done and what not, I know where I've been and where not and why, and to the very core. I find no reason or shame not to stand by myself, even where I fail! And apart from the fact that beyond those above mentioned calls, I've done nothing wrong, there is also the fact that I know it is important to be conferred reality (truth) as is, in order to be real. Otherwise the s**t follows you until it is resolved - or faded with time. In the latter case though, it is always subject to sudden say resurrections, and in initial intensity. And I'm convinced that's how it is for everybody.

Therefore - at least those few occurrences should be out of your way now, Von ...

Also, I can well imagine, there were many more people doing such (and other) things.
It's a bit like being tapped for political reasons. Everybody knows they do it.
Still, some music on the phone had been nice ... YCBTO perhaps, or Vision Thing ... ;D :lol: ...
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Pista wrote:You know that tape?
Take the drums off it. That'll p*ss them off.
What tape? Sounds funny.
Pista
Cureboi

Try to keep Wayne out of Miss Selfridge.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Dan
Overbomber

Pista wrote:Try to keep Wayne out of Bad.
Fixed.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Being645 wrote:
What tape? Sounds funny.
I think he means SSV ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

Dan wrote:
Pista wrote:Try to keep Wayne out of Bad.
Fixed.
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Don't release Body and Soul as a single and do the This Corrosion video with the Russian soldiers in Afganistan. History will prove you right maybe! :wink:
The Chancer Corporation
mh
Above the Chemist

Put Poison Door on the A side!
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

markfiend wrote:
Being645 wrote:
What tape? Sounds funny.
I think he means SSV ;)
:eek: ... I'd find it awesome without drums ...

abridged wrote:Don't release Body and Soul as a single and do the This Corrosion video with the Russian soldiers in Afghanistan. History will prove you right maybe! :wink:
Oh yes! In both points ... :notworthy: ...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Being645 wrote:
markfiend wrote:
Being645 wrote: What tape? Sounds funny.
I think he means SSV ;)
It already doesn't have drums...
http://www.the-sisters-of-mercy.com/gen/ressv.htm
If you really must have a copy, be advised that some US independent distributor (previous candidates need not apply) might soon be distributing a much better version of the SSV album, with drums. It's still not the Sisters, and it's still a very perverse techno record, but it's a whole lot better than East West's version.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Write a song for "The Lost Boys" soundtrack...
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Pista
Cureboi

Quiff Boy wrote:Write a song for "The Lost Boys" soundtrack...
Or the Repo Man soundtrack
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Wiki Wizard

markfiend wrote:
Being645 wrote:
markfiend wrote: I think he means SSV ;)
It already doesn't have drums...
http://www.the-sisters-of-mercy.com/gen/ressv.htm
If you really must have a copy, be advised that some US independent distributor (previous candidates need not apply) might soon be distributing a much better version of the SSV album, with drums. It's still not the Sisters, and it's still a very perverse techno record, but it's a whole lot better than East West's version.
:lol: ... oh yes, thanks for the reminder .... always loved those manners of commenting and creation ... ;D ...
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

And The Crow...
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Jeremiah
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

You know that drum kit you found in the basement?

Just forget about it and concentrate on finishing your degree. :P
GC
Slight Overbomber

Listen to Tony James and join Sigue Sigue Sputnik
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

ribbons69 wrote:
And The Crow...
And allow them to use the one on the Buffy soundtrack. (No, hang on, the one they replaced it with is better.)