11th March 2012 - Buenos Aires, Argentina

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2012.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Last edited by Quiff Boy on 18 Jan 2012, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Simone
Road Kill

I'm more than happy.....the Sisters return to Argentina just five days before my vacations ..... and once again I'll be seeing them in the front row as in 2009..... :D
jgriedas
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Excellent news...!!!!

Thanks.

JG
Like a million voices call my name
Like a million voices calling
Not now, not never again...
Sitting here now in this bar for hours
Being645
Above the Chemist

Enjoy everybody who is lucky enough to be there ... :lol: ;D ;D ;D ...

We'll be waiting patiently for any reviews or whatever you might deliver ...

:lol: ...
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I Wish could be on these one.
I would post the setlist at the exactly moment when the gig over, just like the last one :lol:

Hope everyone had a great moment there, we keep waiting for Reviews/Setlist
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

At least we know Simone is there so a review will arrive sooner or slightly later.
"as we walk on the floodland"
Simone
Road Kill

Hi everybody!!! yes i was there last night....not in the front row (like the last visit) cos it was very hot (here is summer) and the venue did not have enough air conditioning...I saw a little less people than 2009...but the exciting was the same....people chanted the songs as if they were on a soccer field, I guess that should be glad to Von ....because in 1 moment he said...GRACIAS (thxs) and at the end he really looks like he enjoy it....and spend more time waving arms ¡¡!!(in 2009 he just get out of the stage without a word)Chris is REALLY a great musician...i heard a lot of people saying that last night...friends and unknown people. He was THE comment of the nigth. The gig was great but maybe they sound a little saturated. The bad.... I was disappointed because we were about 5 people (no more), waiting more than 1 hour to come out just to get a photo and the only one who came out and with a lot of good humor wants to do it was Chris. We are just around the corner of the ass of the world....in 30 years they came only 2 times....how much cost to him just take 5 f***cking photos!!! i took a lot af photos and videos...i will post the set list a coulple of photos and the last part of the show...just wait i get home to do it....will be ready tonight (i'm at work)...i hope you enjoy it and AGAIN sorry for the english.
PD: thxs Ozpat for remember me!!!
Simone
Road Kill

Well here is the better video that i can get. Considerations: it was captured with a Nokia 5230...the sound is bad but you can hear what they're singing and there's a lot of movement...i was dancing and sometimes jumping but you can understand....and finally you can hear the "famous" GRACIAS. Hope you can enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgu-OZCM ... e=youtu.be
Being645
Above the Chemist

Thank you very much, Simone ... :notworthy: ...

I like this version of More and Flood II better than the one of Sao Paulo. Not so loud ... much more Sisters.

Here's Something Fast & Lucretia, My Reflection ...
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Thanks for the review! :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Review in Spanish here : http://www.elacople.com/Noticias.aspx?id=5620

:von: will love this : "Rob Halford clone .....tours of the Sisters of Mercy serve as a travelling museum ....." but I think he'll be happier with the conclusion "This is The Sisters of Mercy today, nothing sounds like a compromise. From my perspective it looks like something brutally honest where we celebrate the music of the times where things worked well and had something to say."
Being645
Above the Chemist

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Review in Spanish here : http://www.elacople.com/Noticias.aspx?id=5620

:von: will love this : "Rob Halford clone .....tours of the Sisters of Mercy serve as a travelling museum ....." but I think he'll be happier with the conclusion "This is The Sisters of Mercy today, nothing sounds like a compromise. From my perspective it looks like something brutally honest where we celebrate the music of the times where things worked well and had something to say."
... :lol: ... thanks for the link. There are also some pretty photos there, thanks to which we now have a complete setlist:

Kiss The Carpet
Ribbons
Doctor Jeep / Detonation Boulevard
Crash And Burn
Marian
Amphetamine Logic
Arms
Dominion|Dominion/Mother Russia
Summer
This Corrosion
Alice
Pipeline
More
Flood II

Something Fast
Lucretia, My Reflection

Rain From Heaven
Temple Of Love
Vision Thing

... interesting to see that NTTC and Anaconda had been an option as well ... Wiki updated ...

Btw, somebody filmed the full show ... :eek: ... :notworthy: ...
Being645
Above the Chemist

Being645 wrote:Btw, somebody filmed the full show ... :eek: ... :notworthy: ...
Watching this right now ... wonderful sound, great pictures ... and filmed from around where I prefer to stand at a Sisters gig ... ;D ;D ;D ...

Millions of thanks to however prepared this for us ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ... I could faint every second, if it were not way more interesting to keep watching ... :twisted: :lol: ...

Also a great performance of The Sisters ... wonderful singing, great guitars ... almost perfect ... Image

hihi ... even the audience has been singing on tune ... :lol: ... thanks again, very much ... ImageImageImageImageImage ...
sentenza
Amphetamine Filth

Great vid, great show, great atmosphere ! Did Andrew have some problem with his leg (look at the end when he left the stage...)?
"this is the revenge of the fuckwit"
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Sounds like a super show! I think the two guitarists are really well played-in these days, and they are really dealling in style! Listen to Det Blvd for example.

Then again, the flair and frequencies of a bass guitar is something I miss now ;)

And/or a bit more deep pounding form the doctor. Almost now low frequencies, the only thing you hear are mid-to hi-range frequencies (<-- audio geek mode)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I'm not concider myself as audio geek but, lack of bass is something that even someone who can't hear bass guitar can notice. And bass (low tones; of course well balanced) is something that building live power/energy.
Izzy HaveMercy

Bartek wrote:I'm not concider myself as audio geek but, lack of bass is something that even someone who can't hear bass guitar can notice. And bass (low tones; of course well balanced) is something that building live power/energy.
Of course it is alwasy difficult with the tin-can compression on stuff like YouTube and MySpace and the like, but the last 5 or 6 gigs it really bothered me. Give this some bass frequencies live and you leave the hall with even more happy customers :)

IZ.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Absolutely agree on both compresion on YT video and let it be more bass, we need more bass*. But i'm affraid that higher low tones could drown :von: low vox. I mean, now his vox can be barely listen (even if you in like 5th row), so AE should stop smoking (like 20 years ago) and put more energy into singing (in same time avioding squealing like a pig, like he use to do this ometimes).

*Famous John Lydon comment at the beging of "Religion II".
Izzy HaveMercy

Bartek wrote:Absolutely agree on both compresion on YT video and let it be more bass, we need more bass*. But i'm affraid that higher low tones could drown :von: low vox. I mean, now his vox can be barely listen (even if you in like 5th row), so AE should stop smoking (like 20 years ago) and put more energy into singing (in same time avioding squealing like a pig, like he use to do this ometimes).

*Famous John Lydon comment at the beging of "Religion II".
A bass guitar needn't be in the way of Vons vocals, a FOH* mixer should be perfectly capable of shaping the live bass just below the frequencies Von uses.

A typical bass 'boom' lies somewhere at 70-100 Hz, where male vocals (even Andrew's) lie somewhere between 200-400 Hz. The problems with a male singer with a baritone often lie with the guitars, not the bass guitar. The 'power' of a guitar tends to sneak in the male vocal frequencies.

Which can explain that, even without bass guitar live, Andrews voice tends to get drowned. Not in bass, but in the frequencies typically used for thinckening a guitar sound...

...which a FOH mixer will typically do on a Sisters concert, due to lack of a bass guitar... see? It's all about frequencies and sound placement ;)

(damn, what a geeky post! :lol:)

(BTW: *FOH= Front of House)

IZ.
Last edited by Izzy HaveMercy on 14 Mar 2012, 11:42, edited 1 time in total.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Thanks for informations! :notworthy: (no there is not even a one gramme of sarcasm in that post; nor in that sentence, or that ... damn, look, i mean what i wrote, OK ?!). Actualy it does make sense if you ( i ) think a bit about that, before i posted previous comment.
Izzy HaveMercy

Bartek wrote:Thanks for informations! :notworthy: (no there is not even a one gramme of sarcasm in that post; nor in that sentence, or that ... damn, look, i mean what i wrote, OK ?!). Actualy it does make sense if you ( i ) think a bit about that, before i posted previous comment.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Physics always make sense ;) (SCIENCES = I C SENSE)

IZ.
Simone
Road Kill

Sorry i forgot (i know is no needed) the set list photo......was impossible for me to post here.....and i don't have time to read how to do it....so if U like to see it ...posted here......http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php? ... 22&sk=wall

i saw a lot of people filming this.....im so happy someone could take this decently!
Last edited by Simone on 14 Mar 2012, 11:52, edited 1 time in total.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Yes i c sense, when i think for one second. (damn 'ich libe' button could be useful, now i look like postcountwhore)
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Review in Spanish here : http://www.elacople.com/Noticias.aspx?id=5620

a really good positive one I must say!!
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao