14th March 2012 - Mexico City

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2012.
pearson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

from the sisters-hp :D
there's too much blood in my vodkastream

----------------adam pearson------------------
Being645
Above the Chemist

Nice .... ;D ... eventually The Sisters come to Mexico after their cancelled gig in 2009 ... :notworthy: ...

Wiki updated ... ;D ...
Being645
Above the Chemist

pearson wrote:from the sisters-hp :D
Nice, they've updated it ... ;D :notworthy: ...

... though why are there still the links to past shows?
Tickets for Glasgow and London available here
Tickets for Norway available here
Tickets for Gothenburg available here
Tickets for Malmo available here
Tickets for Stockholm available here
Tickets for Lausanne available here
.... :eek: :lol: ...
Rise891

Inching closer and closer to the US......
I am NOT in the cool club
lachert
Overbomber

Rise891 wrote:Inching closer and closer to the US......
yeap, Andrew must check how's Obama's reign going. last time he was so excited during election :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
My Dominion
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

So as they promised ..... :von:
Great !!!

And now waiting for the US and Canada gigs :-)
http://www.mydominionnl.com
A fanwebsite !
Gent, Eindhoven and Lokeren
Being645
Above the Chemist

The venue have, btw, updated their website ... featuring a very loud CocaColaFm stream (scroll down to switch it off)

and a vid of Walk Away from the Royal Albert Hall ... :eek: :lol: ...

And - a podcast stream for information ... ;D ...

Tickets now available online here ... just in case you shouldn't yet have one ... ;D ...
Being645
Above the Chemist

Wow! So you're going to be there!? ... Incredible ... ;D ... and congrats! ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
Being645
Above the Chemist

No sleep today, so I'm too tired to send you large enthusiast euphoric wishes.

I need to sleep now ... fall asleep deeply ... dream of a wonderful gig with wonderful songs for all of you ...

Have a lovely night without any mischief or worries ... :wink: ...
lachert
Overbomber

far parade out there?
long live rock'n'roll
doctoravalanche

I was not at the concert but one my good friends was there cause she lives 3 blocks from the venue, I have asked here for the setlist, and here are a few photos she did of Mister Beard :)

mandrake

Who is that man??? Aarrgh the beard! :P But thanks for the pics!
Being645
Above the Chemist

Thanks for the pictures ... :notworthy: ...

I think they look good ... showing Eldritch very natural ... ;D ;D ;D ... well done!
Dr Poo
Amphetamine Filth

Blimey, Simon D has lost weight! :eek:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Dr Poo wrote:Blimey, Simon D has lost weight! :eek:
i had the same thought :lol:

... but not that much :innocent:
Goths have feelings too
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

I'm pro beard. This is cool. I even prefer a beard over 2 new songs.

Did i say this?
guns & cars & accidents
Husek

dinky daisy wrote:I'm pro beard. This is cool. I even prefer a beard over 2 new songs.

Did i say this?
In fact, you prefer a entire Judas Priest gig over a sisters show. :lol:
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Does he dye his beard then or is he dyed? :wink:
The Chancer Corporation
mh
Above the Chemist

abridged wrote:Does he dye his beard then or is he dyed? :wink:
Can he shave what he's been shaven? :urff:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
xfloorshowx

setlist posted on setlist.fm

Kiss the Carpet
Ribbons
Doctor Jeep / Detonation Boulevard
Crash and Burn
Marian
Amphetamine Logic
Arms
Dominion / Mother Russia
Gift That Shines
This Corrosion
Alice
Anaconda
No Time To Cry
Snub Nose
More
Flood II

Something Fast
Lucretia My Reflection

Rain From Heaven
Vision Thing
Temple of Love
...I’ve never had the desire to make a record unless I have something to say...
Husek

xfloorshowx wrote:setlist posted on setlist.fm

Kiss the Carpet
Ribbons
Doctor Jeep / Detonation Boulevard
Crash and Burn
Marian
Amphetamine Logic+
Arms
Dominion / Mother Russia
Gift That Shines
This Corrosion
Alice
Anaconda
No Time To Cry
Snub Nose
More
Flood II

Something Fast
Lucretia My Reflection

Rain From Heaven
Vision Thing
Temple of Love
Anaconda and No time to Cry? Srsly?
Now i'm pretty sure they just hate the south-america.

P.S: Snub Nose? I didn't heard that name about 2 years :lol: , why we just don't call it 'Adam's decide' or 'protosonic' or '!' this time?
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Review in Spanish here :
http://www.jornada.unam.mx/ultimas/2012 ... -post-punk

The usual google translate attempt at English below :

Mexico. The British band of gothic rock and post punk The Sisters of Mercy earned the recognition of more than a thousand supporters who gathered yesterday at a forum in the capital, who won with their albums including hits First and last and always, Floodland and Vision Thing.

The Plaza Condesa was the scene that held this Wednesday from groups with long hair, to others with skinheads, as many women as men, all who stood out because of their dress in black, mainly in leather, denim and even transparencies and by striking tattoos and piercings of all sizes.

At baseline, total darkness in those precincts, causing a deafening yell from the audience, announced the arrival of the band led by vocalist Andrew Eldritch, who between red and purple lights, appeared on stage, in a dense cloud of white smoke.

Then, subjects Kiss the carpet and Ribbons, Dr. Jeep and besides Detonation Boulevard, the latter of which the band together in the same "track" were enough to make the good atmosphere that would be in force during the night.

The darkness and thick clouds of smoke that sheltered the band throughout their performance, highlighted the concept of gothic rock that characterizes The Sisters of Mercy, which was felt in areas such as Crash and burn, Marian and Logic.

Enough to be heard the first notes of each issue for the public to express its happiness by deafening shouts, while a simulated playing a guitar while moving his head uncontrollably, others took advantage to take the language and make the classic rock signal.

Arms, Dominion, Summer, Gift That shines, This Corrosion, Alice, Anaconda remained latent adrenaline and euphoria of the public, who expressed his "thirst" to be astonished by the music of The Sisters of Mercy, and sing in unison each successful band.

A drink of beer, was all that could distract the attention of the faithful followers of the group who continued the evening with: No time to cry, Top Nite Out, More and Flood II, to, right away, without saying a word, leave the stage amid a wave of applause.

The standing ovation did not cease, and caused the band will return again to satisfy his fans with songs like Something fast and Lucretia my reflection, who were among the most performed song of the night.

After that, once the band left the stage, but after a few minutes at the request of his exalted followers, the band returned once more to close his performance with a flourish, to the rhythm of issues such as Rain from Heaven, Temple of love and Vision thing.

Later, members of the group fell on the edge of the stage to hold hands and do reverence to his fans, who appreciated the gesture with a lasting wave of applause, which covered the group's departure.

Another great gig by all accounts. Loving all the crowd descriptions !
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Some great photos with this review of "The Sisters of Charity" :
http://www.elpatas.net/10520-the-sister ... s-of-mercy

Google translate really struggles on this one - it must be quite poetic in the original - but at least the "hideous yellow shirt phosphorescent" didn't get lost in translation !

A swirling black masses writhing at the gates of The Plaza Condesa. The appointment of dyes vampire was called by a legendary band, The Sisters of Mercy, Sisters of Charity would land in Mexico City to offer a new gig.

People for some reason I was impressed with the smoke and lights. The public looked paraphernalia Dark rigor. The black is essential in these rituals, though much of the staff came with claws that denote their affiliation Punk. The girls look good peluqueados fringes, which end in a beak, corsets and platform boots are the order. Lace, velvet and elaborate hair standing on them, some dare to wear sunglasses in the style of singer Andrew Eldritch. People go crazy about chaparrín get the bald singer. The sound begins to settle. At one stage a guy dressed as Hawaiian bartender shot sequences, the famous Doktor Avalanche is like calling your sequencer. They start with "Kiss the Carpet". The man is a combination of Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top and the Warpig Lost Acapulco. Continue with "Ribbons," guitarist Chris Catalyst tries to make a choir and the microphone is vitiated in an unprecedented manner, deafens us all. The other guitarist, Ben Christo, (as evidenced spend much time in the gym), also boasts excellent harmonies and proficiency in the six strings. Now we prescribe "Marian" and "Logic".

No bass, bass frequencies are also provided by the ZZ Top Acapulqueño laptops. "Arms" and appear purple lights, people lose their heads. Women become pagan dancers, who dance to the god Pan Rhythms we identified that Rammstein has been stolen for themselves. Comes "Dominion" and the guitar textures float in the air, everyone sings, the guitar makes a great solo sucked. "The Gift That Shines" darker blue velvety tones invokes the lights. "This Corrosion" makes an appearance. The sound is impeccable and, although the rhythmic feel powerless, guitars and keyboard sequences are well above the rest. This does not prevent people continue to enjoy, winding like reptiles Satanists in this congregation of the Sisters of Charity. Fanning "Alice" almost punk-paced.

The bass and first guitar chords herald the arrival of "Anaconda" in blue-green tones. Vocalist plane disappears, becomes a light beam in a hollow voice speaker mist. All they crave at the first guitar chords of "No Time to Cry." After "Top Night Out", "More" and "Flood II" simply say "Thank You" and removed no more. After a pause returns with "Something Fast", a dark ballad and Andrew, which until then wore a hideous yellow shirt phosphorescent, take it off to the delight of all and now it is dressed in black.

"Lucretia My Reflection" is one of the most anticipated of the night and people are in complete ecstasy. Again they are removed and people scream "Sisters, Sisters". Acapulco ZZ triggers a new rhythmic sequence, inviting, it's "Rain From Heaven". Are linked with "Vision Thing" and closed with another masterly of the most anticipated, "Temple of Love", thus leaving the creatures of darkness, illuminated by the beauty of his music. Great concert.
Being645
Above the Chemist

First vids ...

Kiss The Carpet / Ribbons
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL9jC7GpDko

Dr Jeep/Detonation Boulevard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftdRh4k14fU

a bit of Crash And Burn / Marian
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cprwU1yARWc