The God Machine

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

I've been listening to Scenes quite a lot recently and I was wondering; does anyone have a rip of the Purity EP and a rip of The Desert Song EP?

I've never heard the first one and the rip I have of The Desert Song is from my 12" which has nice pops and scratches on it.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

And thanks to a very kind soul I now have a copy!
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Let me guess : Koen showed his generous side again? ;D

Anyway, great to see another TGM convert on here. You should check this out, as it's a cover of a Sophia song, Robin Proper-Sheppard's musical endeavour after TGM, with a decidedly TGM twist at its end...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Ahráyeph wrote:Let me guess : Koen showed his generous side again? ;D

Anyway, great to see another TGM convert on here. You should check this out, as it's a cover of a Sophia song, Robin Proper-Sheppard's musical endeavour after TGM, with a decidedly TGM twist at its end...
I was always a big fan of TGM too - driving bass, shimmering guitars, slightly detached vocals, power and vulnerability combined - not hard to see why (like the Chameleons or Comsat Angels) TSOM fans also liked them despite the obvious differences. I bought the double album version of "Scenes..." when it came out and have been amazed to see how much it sells for now considering it must have sold in reasonable numbers at the time (compared to Damage Done for example). Great cover of Double Dare too
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Ahráyeph wrote:Let me guess : Koen showed his generous side again? ;D

Somebody beat me to it this time, so nope it wasn't me :lol:
Good to see though that people keep on listening to the God Machine!
in dub we trust