Hello I am new

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Elfink
Road Kill

Wasabear wrote:Just wanted to say HI.
What a good idea! I joined this forum a few days ago after many hours of browsing round the loads of info and insults and general bad grammar you'd expect from the Damaged Done folk here - and then I joined and thought. Oh. so now what? Do I just barge in on a conversation like everyone else does...sure I could do, thing is I just haven't had anything to say yet. so yeah, good idea. Intro...Hey Wasabear, sounds like a Chorley accent you got there, if so, say hello to the nab...and all the other folk - hello. I'll introduce myself later, a friends just turned up with his baby in a - of all the coincidences BEAR baby grow... ears and everything. Gonna take a stroll...Elf.
I am Road Kill
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Elfink wrote:the loads of info and insults and general bad grammar you'd expect from the Damaged Done folk here
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Elfink
Road Kill

Well, that's cleared that one up then, thankee kind sir :lol: ok, a few minutes before I gotta go out again so let me just say hello, how I found you, why I found you and all...Was just after the Leeds gigs last year. First time I missed the Sisters was in Blackburn '85 been missing 'em for years ever since - various reasons. Then a guy I work with told me he'd got me on the guestlist courtesy of Nik (Turner). Whooppeee I'm goina see the Sisters. great night, great mosh pit, great aftershow party then hours in the freezing cold, I'd been standing in the wrong place for the megabus which was going to take me to Coventry, then another Megabus back to manchester, better busriding all night then more dollar than was spare on B&B's and too cold to sleep out so I'd planned on various night busses...summat to do. anyway I missed the bus and lurked about various places and seriously contemplated thirty quid I didn't have on the next gig's entrance fee....I mean that gig was so good and i wanted another shot but bad sense prevailed and I was on the five am train to manchester and then back home and I just had to take a peep at the setlist I missed, Oh, Kiss the carpet, Rain From Heaven - Fool and then i was pretty much hooked on following the tour through the pages here. I remember reading one post said 'going to see one night of a Sisters residency is like watching half a movie' Yup, so right, and so yeah, every now and then I browse around things interest me so I figured it's time I put my name to your good pages, and there we go I think that's much too long for the average attention span. That's my hello....see you ina bit and thanks for letting me on board, look forward to meeting you all...Motorhead
I am Road Kill
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Elfink wrote:...and general bad grammar ....
Yep, preach brother preach :lol:
Goths have feelings too
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Elfink wrote:Well, that's cleared that one up then, thankee kind sir :lol:
:lol: I like you, you're funny ;D Don't mind me I'm a gobshite with nothing to say who says it repeatedly and at length. ;D

We seem to have scared the Jesus-person away unfortunately.

Anyhooo...

Enjoy the madhouse
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

markfiend wrote:We seem to have scared the Jesus-person away unfortunately.
Hey I wonder if they got the completely wrong idea about what The Sisters Of Mercy actually is/are? :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
Batty Von Blingtrash
Amphetamine Filth

Hello! :D
mh
Above the Chemist

markfiend wrote:
markfiend wrote:We seem to have scared the Jesus-person away unfortunately.
Hey I wonder if they got the completely wrong idea about what The Sisters Of Mercy actually is/are? :lol:
It's moderately possible. Either that or Quiffy's theory.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Wasabear has PM'd me to ask that I delete their account, which I have done.

Not a spammer then, but a slightly confused member nonetheless.

I've trimmed off this last bit of their 'hello' thread as it's also serving as Elfink's 'hello'.

So, err, yeah. Hello Elfink 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

So goodbye Wasabear!

Welcome Elfink! (and sorry for bad grammar)
Elfink
Road Kill

Owwwww...gee folks if I'd known you was all gonna be so friendly I'd have said hello months ago...thanks for the balloons and babycham. I wanna say, I had a very serious meeting to attend last night and very stupidly before I left the house I checked out a few of the jokes - that goddam horse picture, had me laughing when I should not have been - I was trying to deal with some serious stuff and I keep burping out these little explosions of trying to hold back the laughing - I got back in I went to page fifty two of the jokes and started at entry number one and i see I've ten years of the stuff to read through...that's gonna be fun, really enjoyed the dogbath pages. Some good jokes. Good stuff, thanks all.
I am Road Kill
Being645
Wiki Wizard

So welcome and enjoy, Elfink ... :lol: ...

... and farewell, Wasabear ... :wink: ...
sultan2075
Overbomber

Poor guy was pretty much chased away.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
zaltys7
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

sultan2075 wrote:Poor guy was pretty much chased away.
Agreed.
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

zaltys7 wrote:
Agreed.
:?: ... can't agree. No. He could well have remained here ... :wink: ...
sultan2075
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:
zaltys7 wrote:
Agreed.
Why would he possibly have wanted to after the way he was treated?
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

sultan2075 wrote:
Being645 wrote:
zaltys7 wrote: Agreed.
I didn't notice anything unusual or unfriendly.
damagedone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

sultan2075 wrote:
Being645 wrote:
he likes being punished like most of us here 8)

p.s.
i know you read this so come on,step up,,,you,,,
Keep Music Evil
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

sultan2075 wrote:
Being645 wrote:
I didn't post in that thread, but read it.

He posted his "hello" post (which was fine, and people started saying hello back), then posted again asking 'who here is a christian?'. A lot of people said 'not me', and he decided this place wasn't for him. End of story.

Now when he started talking about his religion in his 2nd ever post here I must admit that I immediately thought of the "Religion is a penis" quote.

He wasn't chased away - no one was nasty to him, no one treated him badly. He worked out that he wasn't posting in an evangelical christian forum and didn't feel comfortable about that, so left. No problem.
mh
Above the Chemist

LazCo has it in a nutshell. "Chased away" looks very different to what happened there. People gave their opinions and expressed puzzlement for sure, as they're entitled to, but nobody actually attacked the guy over it. I'm sure that even Fiendy would have stepped in with a "cut that out" if that had been going on.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I know that some folk on here are Christians. I don't think I'm ever rude about religion?

I don't think anyone was nasty to the guy.
—Bertrand Russell
Elfink
Road Kill

...Something going on her here??? I got a blurry memory of putting Jesus and Lao Tzu in my interests section on the sign up here :twisted: You worried you got a banging Christian on board?... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't worry folk...Hey, I'm interested in the Annunaki too, doesn't mean I believe in them!

Ok. I'm off to sink my brain into some Evangelical Dylan bootleg you God Damn Heathens :roll:

mmmmmm....think I call it a bear :wink:
I am Road Kill
Elfink
Road Kill

Hey Fiendy...you just added a reply while I was writing one...Nope, me neither. No one was rude. any easy browse round the place shows it's an alright gathering here...
I am Road Kill
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

No we weren't talking about you, don't worry. There was another new person who did some pretty full-on Jesus stuff.
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

Mmmmm we're all pretty cool with stuff and recognise and accept that people come from different backgrounds. Exchanges may get slightly robust at times, but there's no nastiness here. :D