M.C.A R.I.P

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
GC
Slight Overbomber

No sleep til.....
sultan2075
Overbomber

Gollum's Cock wrote:No sleep til.....
Very sad. One of the first albums I'd ever really, really loved was Licensed to Ill. Strangely enough, I'd been listening to the Beastie Boys nonstop for the last few weeks.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Yeah, Licensed to Ill was my breakthrough album with them.

Sad day.

:?
GC
Slight Overbomber

sultan2075 wrote:
Gollum's Cock wrote:No sleep til.....
Very sad. One of the first albums I'd ever really, really loved was Licensed to Ill. Strangely enough, I'd been listening to the Beastie Boys nonstop for the last few weeks.
Me too, (that and appetite for destruction)....a cassette that was constantly played.
Sunsonic
Amphetamine Filth

RIP

The Beastie Boys were a big influence on my love of Hip Hop, and the bass riff MCA did on Sabotage was blinding.
One life all I need
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Gutted. Just read about it on here and checked the obit on the BBC website http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17963855 . Slow and Low, Sabotage, Pass The Mic - the Beasties stretched my musical taste probably more than any other band in the 80s and 90s with the possible exception of The Young Gods. Hearing Slow and Low on Peel back in the 80s (B side to "She's On It" at the time) was one of those moments where you just stop what you're doing and ask "WTF is that ??". I bought it the next day. And Sabotage is possibly the greatest musical visceral thrill ever, the aural equivalent of a bungee jump. A cartoon villains to the tabloid press, a musical pioneer to the cognoscenti. R.I.P.
circle
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

RIP :(
darkcircleroom4.blogspot.com
czuczu
Overbomber

Absolutely loved them around the time of Paul's Boutique and Check Your Head - they were one of the highlights at Reading that year.
:(
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

RIP dude, 47 is no way to go.

Licensed to Ill indeed, very influential album for me...

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
radiojamaica
Overbomber

I just can't believe it... Heard about it tonight and still am not getting it through.

Feck, MCA... Adam... RIP :notworthy:
in dub we trust
Holly_DelRey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Heard about this right when it was Breaking News & truly gutted.
Grew up on rock & hip-hop, they were one of the top bands in my younger years. Still really like them. So young.. condolences to his family & friends :( :(
🇨🇦 🔁 🇺🇲
sultan2075
Overbomber

--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Silver_Owl
The Don

:(
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

... :( ... R.I.P. ... too young, definitely.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Good times gone but You feed it
Hate's grown strong, You feel You need it

bye. :notworthy: