$60 for JAMC !

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
spot778
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

JAMC are playing a club up here in toronto, not a hall, a club and they want $60 plus service charges ... seriously :eek:

Are you frakking kidding me ? Half of me is amused by the balls of that ticket price the other half is seriously insulted. Spirtualized are playing the same place for $30

Last time I saw JAMC was on Halloween at the Skydome with Spiritualized + Curve + Pure and I think we payed $30

I would not spend $60 to see ANY band PERIOD !
End of line.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Whoa. $60 Canadian is about £40 UK. That's ridiculous, especially when JAMC aren't exactly noted for their long sets.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
shivarising
Amphetamine Filth

Bizarre. Here in LA they are playing a horseracing track, which is usually reserved for happy-go-lucky feel good Friday night acts.

"Enjoy exciting thoroughbred racing under the lights, followed by a live concert. On concert nights live racing starts at 7:05 p.m. Concert begins shortly after the last race at approximately 10:30 p.m.

$10 Admission prior to 8:30 p.m."
spot778
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Flipping bizzarre ... a race track !

Playing Hong Kong for $495 HKD

I'm starting to think insurance may be the reason. The first time I saw them here well ... it was everything we read about.

LOL it made the wikki
The band's dangerous reputation culminated at a gig at the RPM club in Toronto in November 1987, when after being heckled throughout the gig by a group in the audience, Jim Reid thrust his microphone stand towards them, hitting one on the head and slashing another on the arm Jim was arrested and spent a night in jail, before being bailed to return the following February. He was subsequently given an absolute discharge after agreeing to give around £500 to a Salvation Army charity and apologise to the complainants
What they don't mention is the complainants got a discography and free tickets to their next gig :lol:
End of line.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Well, it's probably also due to their asking price, as a well informed source (:wink:) has informed me?

I'd happily pay quite a lot to see them though. But only if it's allowed for the audience and the band to trash the place :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Blame Canada
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:Well, it's probably also due to their asking price, as a well informed source (:wink:) has informed me?

I'd happily pay quite a lot to see them though. But only if it's allowed for the audience and the band to trash the place :lol:
Better not in the Dublin Olympia then?! :innocent:
I vote for the London Roundhouse ;D
in dub we trust
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

radiojamaica wrote:
Obviousman wrote:Well, it's probably also due to their asking price, as a well informed source (:wink:) has informed me?

Better not in the Dublin Olympia then?! :innocent:
I vote for the London Roundhouse ;D
You know me too well :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
christoff87
Road Kill

I've noticed that the band hasn't announced any gigs in Glasgow either. It Would be great to finally see them.