DV8 Fest

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Post Reply
User avatar
Jim
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1031
Joined: 28 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: London, UK

Anyone going to DV8 fest this year?

http://www.dv8fest.com/

They've put together a stunning lineup, I can't believe they got the Furs to play York!

Absolutely gutted I can't go, I'm already committed to another festival, on a topic as close to my heart as alternative music... (http://grillstock.co.uk/)
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
User avatar
radiojamaica
Overbomber
Posts: 4852
Joined: 11 Apr 2005, 16:51
Location: Tower of Bass

That does look good!

Not that I will be able to come over, but still...
in dub we trust
User avatar
paul
Overbomber
Posts: 3205
Joined: 02 Apr 2002, 01:00

Very Nice!!!
User avatar
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 596
Joined: 13 Sep 2003, 20:21
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire

Jim wrote:Anyone going to DV8 fest this year?

http://www.dv8fest.com/

They've put together a stunning lineup, I can't believe they got the Furs to play York!

Absolutely gutted I can't go, I'm already committed to another festival, on a topic as close to my heart as alternative music... (http://grillstock.co.uk/)
The Furs are over for Hop Farm so it is a lot easier to get them to play smaller / regional venues.
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
User avatar
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber
Posts: 2450
Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 23:35
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Hmmmm. Furs, Lorries, Violets, Salvation, Utah Saints, Anne Marie Hurst - spot the missing link !
User avatar
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm
Posts: 4477
Joined: 04 Jan 2005, 17:08
Location: Newcastle

I'll probably go. 8)
Spiggy's hat
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 661
Joined: 31 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: East Yorkshire

Will defo try & make the Saturday......Would probably do Sunday too but already have tickets for the Stone Roses that night.
Give me one good reason
User avatar
Batty Von Blingtrash
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 137
Joined: 26 Jul 2010, 12:20

Definitely. The last two have been sterling!
My better half is playing support to the Furs. So excited for him!
Somebody tell me about the rhythm of the 4th floor.
User avatar
Emerald Green
Road Kill
Posts: 36
Joined: 31 Aug 2010, 00:39
Location: The dark satanic hills

Doing the Friday, sadly can't stop around for the weekend :x
True Love Doth Pass Away
User avatar
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 5882
Joined: 09 Feb 2006, 06:57
Location: The Bat-Milk Cave
Contact:

I iz doing Saturday only, Berlin Black-The Lorries-The Furs, oh my!
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
User avatar
Jim
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1031
Joined: 28 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: London, UK

Batty Von Blingtrash wrote:Definitely. The last two have been sterling!
My better half is playing support to the Furs. So excited for him!
Which band're they in? Singer/guitarist from my old band plays for Berlin Black, and they're on the bill too.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
User avatar
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator
Posts: 15824
Joined: 25 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: Lurking
Contact:

Jim wrote:
Batty Von Blingtrash wrote:Definitely. The last two have been sterling!
My better half is playing support to the Furs. So excited for him!
Which band're they in? Singer/guitarist from my old band plays for Berlin Black, and they're on the bill too.
batty's other half is chris... ...from berlin black :lol:
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
User avatar
SomeKindOfStranger
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 515
Joined: 29 Aug 2005, 13:14
Location: Luton, Bedfordshire
Contact:

On DV8 fb page:

Ok we have some unbelievable news for you tomorrow...
I hear her cry all day, all night
I hear her voice from deep within the wall
Made a cross from knitting needles
Made a grave from hoover bags
Especially for the woman in the wall
User avatar
robertzombie
Overbomber
Posts: 4338
Joined: 05 Sep 2005, 12:49
Location: London

I can't see that on the group. Is there an additional page as well?
User avatar
robertzombie
Overbomber
Posts: 4338
Joined: 05 Sep 2005, 12:49
Location: London

Ah, found it.
User avatar
Jim
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1031
Joined: 28 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: London, UK

Ha, I did suspect. Small world. Or small yorkshire goth scene. Whichever.
Quiff Boy wrote:
Jim wrote:
Batty Von Blingtrash wrote:Definitely. The last two have been sterling!
My better half is playing support to the Furs. So excited for him!
Which band're they in? Singer/guitarist from my old band plays for Berlin Black, and they're on the bill too.
batty's other half is chris... ...from berlin black :lol:
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
User avatar
Jim
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1031
Joined: 28 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: London, UK

Haha, 'unbelievable' news. I see what they did there.

I f**king love EMF me, more gutted by the minute that I can't go.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
Post Reply