For Patricia Fans...

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Being645
Above the Chemist

zaltys7 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJaZL1qyVIs

I think she looks great :D
Sorry, you can't watch that video in your country ... * thanks to GEMA ... :urff: ...
metal on metal
Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:I half-thought it was, and that was her dig at the people on here calling her fat... :?:
It could be that too.

In some ways I hope it really was her.
And if any of you are brave enough then come to one of The Damned shows, we are in the U.K. now, and I am usually around the backstage area, and say these remarks to my face if your brave enough.
Well, someone could always go along and ask her some time ... although that would involve having to watch The Damned, I suppose :innocent:
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Yes, I can just imagine that conversation..
"Hey Patricia? Yes, hello, I'm on an internet forum for The Sisters of Mer..no, don't turn away in disgust, listen. Did you post on it a few years back because all the regulars were claiming you look like a burst black pudding? No, put the broken bottle down, I was one of the one's who said you didn't.."
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
UtterlyBastardGroovy
Road Kill

I've always found it difficult to reconcile the Soundtrack scoring of Clint Mansell with his earlier PWEI career, as I had quite naturally assumed there was minimal talent going on in that band (although I did like two of the tracks from Dos Dedos mis Amigos).

http://youtu.be/hKLpJtvzlEI
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

DeWinter wrote:Yes, I can just imagine that conversation..
"Hey Patricia? Yes, hello, I'm on an internet forum for The Sisters of Mer..no, don't turn away in disgust, listen. Did you post on it a few years back because all the regulars were claiming you look like a burst black pudding? No, put the broken bottle down, I was one of the one's who said you didn't.."
I had almost the exact same scenario running in my head too. :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
zaltys7
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

[quote="UtterlyBastardGroovy"]I've always found it difficult to reconcile the Soundtrack scoring of Clint Mansell with his earlier PWEI career, as I had quite naturally assumed there was minimal talent going on in that band (although I did like two of the tracks from Dos Dedos mis Amigos).

Clint Mansell's soundtrack work is excellent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKLpJtvzlEI

loved the Poppies as well, they where daft, entertaining and made an

interesting noise.

Paul.
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

UtterlyBastardGroovy wrote:I've always found it difficult to reconcile the Soundtrack scoring of Clint Mansell with his earlier PWEI career, as I had quite naturally assumed there was minimal talent going on in that band (although I did like two of the tracks from Dos Dedos mis Amigos).
I bought the double remix album of Dos Dedros (imaginatively entitled "Two Fingers") instead by mistake and it was the most tedious listening expeience I have ever endured (until the remix set included with Made in Germany earlier this year) - a Metal Machine Music for the grebo generation. Totally agree with the earlier post which said that the Poppies were great at the time but (like Neds, Wonder stuff, Carter, Crazyhead etc of that era) have not aged well. But to be honest they started to go downhill when the drummer was replaced by a machine and decided he was a bit of a singer (now where have I herd that before).
metal on metal
Amphetamine Filth

DeWinter wrote:Yes, I can just imagine that conversation..
:lol: :lol: Fair enough. She did extend an invitation, though. Sort of.

You could always take a bucket of chicken along as a peace offering.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:I half-thought it was, and that was her dig at the people on here calling her fat... :?:
It could be that too.

In some ways I hope it really was her.
I've always assumed it was her. Both the content and style of the post are similar to conversations friends of mine in London have had with her. And it's hard to argue with her basic points, ie that people ignore the fact that she played in legendary bands before the Girls, that she was not well treated by :von: at the end, that the weight comments are pathetic, and that she can be proud of playing a key role in the band at their most commercially successful - it was certainly the highpoint of an interesting but otherwise musically unremarkable career for her. Which is probably why she hasn't actually moved on quite as much as she was claiming ...
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:and that she can be proud of playing a key role in the band at their most commercially successful
They were arguably more commercially successful in the early '90s (with TOL surely the apex) but certainly she was in the band when they first achieved real mainstream success rather than hanging around on the fringes.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:it's hard to argue with her basic points, ie that people ignore the fact that she played in legendary bands before the Girls, that she was not well treated by :von: at the end, that the weight comments are pathetic, and that she can be proud of playing a key role in the band at their most commercially successful
All good points
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
robm
Amphetamine Filth

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:But to be honest they started to go downhill when the drummer was replaced by a machine and decided he was a bit of a singer (now where have I herd that before).
I thought they started out with a drum machine and added a drummer later.

Now, as for the current line-up...
Skip Intro
Road Kill

I don't care that Patty was in it. The song and video was crap - do they sing songs about Ibiza, as well? They look like they would. Appalling, really.

I saw PWEI in concert once in early/mid '91, mainly because a hot chick I knew at the time wanted to go to the show but didn't want to go alone.
NeilC
Road Kill

Long time lurker and first time poster.

I read this conservation awhile ago and was waiting for the school year to start to actually ask Patty if she was the one who posted on this site. Her daughter goes to the same private school (go Moorland) as my son and I often see her in the morning dropping her daughter off and have talked with her a few times over the last couple of years.

By the way, some of the comments on this site are way off, because she looks great for her age. I would say she looks fifteen years younger than she actually is and has a great youthful glow to her.

I got up the nerve and asked her about the infamous post on here and she let out a great big laugh. “Oh that one�, she said. I had to know if it was her or not. She says it was.

I asked her about the last line with the bucket of chicken and she said she added that in since when she reread what she wrote it came off like she was way “to serious and bitchy�, her words not mine. She couldn’t believe that no one had figured out that it was a joke since she has been a vegan for over two decades.

I told her she should do an interview for the site and set the record straight about the Sisters but she said it was so long ago that she didn’t really care to relive the past. I can understand that though. We chatted for a few more minutes’ mostly about Vegan places in the area and then off she went.

She is an extremely nice woman and has an adorable daughter and I thought I was going to insult her when I asked about it but as always she was very pleasant to me.

Neil C.
Back in time
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Thanks Neil, nice piece of info, directly from the source
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the reaper man.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I always did think (or at least hope) that that post was genuinely her. The bucket-of-chicken gag was awesome.

Thanks Neil.
—Bertrand Russell
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Ta for that Neil. It was her. Great stuff. :D
The Chancer Corporation
Salome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Thank you Neil for that info! Great to hear it from first source :.)
Being645
Above the Chemist

Nice NeilC !!! ... Thanks for posting ... :notworthy: ...
RockNRoll Mercenary
Amphetamine Filth

While looking at sisters bootlegs on youtube I saw Patricia Morrison- Alone, in the side bar. I didn't know she had a solo album so I gave it a listen. Didn't like it and you can tell she probably didn't write the song herself.
'Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future'- Oscar Wilde
I'll see you tomorrow.
Pista
Cureboi

RockNRoll Mercenary wrote:While looking at sisters bootlegs on youtube I saw Patricia Morrison- Alone, in the side bar. I didn't know she had a solo album so I gave it a listen. Didn't like it and you can tell she probably didn't write the song herself.
or play bass on it?

:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
RockNRoll Mercenary
Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote:
RockNRoll Mercenary wrote:While looking at sisters bootlegs on youtube I saw Patricia Morrison- Alone, in the side bar. I didn't know she had a solo album so I gave it a listen. Didn't like it and you can tell she probably didn't write the song herself.
or play bass on it?

:lol:
Touche good person ;)
'Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future'- Oscar Wilde
I'll see you tomorrow.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Mid-October ? Are the top private schools back already ?? If young Vanian is being privately educated (did :von: no harm after all - or did it ??), perhaps Pat did better out of the Sisters than she's letting on ...
NeilC
Road Kill

I ran into Patty the other morning and she was gracious enough to allow me to do a short interview with her with my Iphone. I asked her some questions about her time with the Sisters. She talked to me for a bit about that, the upcoming Damned U.S. mini tour, and her favorite curry place. LOL.
I will try to upload it to Youtube since I don’t know how to add it to this forum. My son said that is probably the best way. I am not as technically savvy as I would like but that is probably because of my age. It will take a few days since he is staying with his mother all week. Hopefully sometime next week I will have it online.

Cheers
Neil