Euro 2012

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Any one any predictions/interest?!

As my home, I'll be hoping for a historic & un-lightly Irish win! Slightly more realistically I go with Germany but would also like to see Poland doing well too (currently 1-0 up!)...

But ultimately it's a sexy summer of football (with Engerland presumably going out inevitably on penalties....)
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
Pista
Cureboi

Russia looked pretty tasty in the run up, but tonight's game will be really tough for them.

England won't even make it to penalties though.

:|
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Entertaining first match. The lesson for Greece though is never celebrate the awarding of penalties. They never go in when you do. :lol:
The Chancer Corporation
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

not a bad second game, either.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
zaltys7

Got a little sweepstake going at work. I pulled out Portugal and Germany.

Winner gets £40.00 and I recken I could be onto a winner with Germany.

I feel sorry for my mate Brad, he got Russia and Ukraine not only will they not win but there also a bunch of Fascists ;D

Paul.
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

No Scotland AGAIN :cry: but if the first two games are anything to go by a feat of football ahead :D
damagedone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Mother Russia :D
Keep Music Evil
mh
Above the Chemist

I got Croatia in our work sweep - looking forward to heading down the local gurrier pub on Sunday and trying to decide who to support. :urff:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
lachert
Overbomber

group a final points:

russia - 9
poland - 4

czech - 3
greece - 1

and we met germany in quarter finals :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I pulled out Portugal in our office sweep. That's the extent of my interest. :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
DeWinter

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:No Scotland AGAIN :cry:
Scotland fulfill a vital function in world football. Reminding us English no matter how awful our team may be, they could be worse..
At least Scotland is spared the humiliation of being defeated by some country of sheep-herders that's only existed for ten minutes in front of the whole world, like England!
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
Silver_Owl
The Don

I shall be cheering on Holland. Not interested in the merry go round that is England. Destined to disappoint and frustrate.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

I've got twenty quid on it being a Spain vs Germany final at 9/1 and twenty quid on Mario Gomez being the tournaments top scorer at 8/1.

I've got the Russian bloke Dzagoev in my fantasy team too. Good pick that one based on last night!
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Netherlands you supposed to win easily!
bangles

the poor dutch! You just can not be happy results like that. It's one thing to be out played and lose but when you outplay the opposition & still lose, that's just a total kick in the tender parts...
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

lachert wrote:group a final points:

russia - 9
poland - 4

czech - 3
greece - 1
I realy had a good laugh with this one :lol:
Sunsonic
Amphetamine Filth

I got the Republic of Ireland in the work sweepstake.
It's ok I've got faith they will batter Spain & Italy after today's results...yeah right, and the sisters will be releasing a new record too :lol:
One life all I need
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

bangles wrote:the poor dutch! You just can not be happy results like that. It's one thing to be out played and lose but when you outplay the opposition & still lose, that's just a total kick in the tender parts...
If you miss that many chances your opponent is ready to punish you and that is what happened. It is as simple as that and now we need to beat the Germans on Wednesday otherwise we're out. Again; as simple as that! Now go for it!!!
"as we walk on the floodland"
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Silence is platinum wrote:
lachert wrote:group a final points:

russia - 9
poland - 4

czech - 3
greece - 1
I realy had a good laugh with this one :lol:
Don't laugh, here in Poland most people believe is that what group A will be looking like, forgetting that Poland team is the weackest team in that group and that it plays only because we're co-host of that circus.
bangles

Germany looked pretty good lastnight as did Spain tonight unfortunately (sob!)
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Purple Light wrote: twenty quid on Mario Gomez being the tournaments top scorer at 8/1.
Never heard of him, does he play for Leeds? Seriously, top choice you should be in the money there
Goths have feelings too
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

was it coincidence the white stripes came on the tannoy when Croatia scored? either way, top tune
Goths have feelings too
Back in time

mh wrote:I got Croatia in our work sweep - looking forward to heading down the local gurrier pub on Sunday and trying to decide who to support. :urff:
You got an excellent deal. We win, you win, everyone happy (except Azzuri side).

What is there to decide.
Back in time

Hom_Corleone wrote:I shall be cheering on Holland. Not interested in the merry go round that is England. Destined to disappoint and frustrate.
There are better choices.
lachert
Overbomber

good god, f**k it
long live rock'n'roll