Wasn't The Office...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

... cringe worthy? I have yet to watch the last 15 mins of part 2 :| as I had better viewing, ie. Phoenix Nights series#2. :) :D :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Fantastic!

They have mastered the toe curling scene!!!

Great program
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i missed part 1 but part 2 was superb!! absolutely hysterical. and i'm so glad it had a happy ending...more or less ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I think Martin Freeman will have a cheek asking for payment for that scene. I would have charged nowt to kiss Jasper Carrot's daughter.....
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

It was the dogs bollo*ks
Only a paand.
Debaser
Overbomber

Unfortunately, I have an associate who seems to base himself on Mr Brent. I find it all too hard to watch it since I made that comparrison. The associate digs bigger holes than a navvie !

HOWEVER, the 'spending his redundancy on making a single' was just so spot on. Best section of the show by far.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
James Blast
Banned

OK, I just seen then end of part 2, and as Willie the Shake said "all's well that ends well". :? :?
Tim & Dawn got it on! Not Bad!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
allfear
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Red Sunsets wrote:... cringe worthy? I have yet to watch the last 15 mins of part 2 :| as I had better viewing, ie. Phoenix Nights series#2. :) :D :lol:
Ive got part 2 to watch when i get home tonight!

Matt
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

I refused to watch it under any form of alcoholic influence so taped them both back to back and watched it all yesterday. 'Can we stop talking about my dead mother's breasts ...' Priceless. :lol: :notworthy:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

It was fantastic :) great way to end a great series!

Paddy
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

The blind date sequences were hilarious. Was watching half of it through my fingers, but still pissing myself.

The dead mother's breasts will live long in the memory.

[if you haven't seen it, that really isn't quite how it sounds. still pretty painful, though]
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Having failed to watch either of the first two series, I thought I'd tune in.
While I didn't find it hysterical, it was funny in a lot of places and extremely clever. A good comment of society as a whole and the office environment.
Will have to track down the rest.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
James Blast
Banned

Phoenix Nights is better Eru.

IMO, of course.
~ Peter Steele
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Red Sunsets wrote:Phoenix Nights is better Eru.

IMO, of course.
I've failed to watch that, too.
Give me the pitch. :wink:
I don't watch a lot of TV.

Six Feet Under is probably the only series I can really comment on.
Suitably black for me...
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
James Blast
Banned

Phoenix Nights - sad Northern working men's soup in a basket type place run by Peter Kay and various miscreants. Poingnant, right on target and hilarious.
I laughed, I cried - The Grauniad
~ Peter Steele
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Phoenix Nights is good, but the Office is more universal. If you liked League of Gentlemen you'd love Phoenix Nights.

That's my problem. First time I saw League it left me totally unmoved. Next series I caught was while I was living in Tiverton, Devon. I thought it was a local documentary at first. Being surrounded by people who thought it was hilarious without recognising their similarities to the characters involved was very strange and too disturbing to handle so I left it.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
James Blast
Banned

LoG passed me by Andrew Man.

Local Shop for local people etc.
WTF is that all about?

To each, their own.

I saw Uriah Heep 3 times, so I am open for criticsm.
~ Peter Steele
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Red Sunsets wrote:LoG passed me by Andrew Man.

Local Shop for local people etc.
WTF is that all about?

To each, their own.

I saw Uriah Heep 3 times, so I am open for criticsm.
It's called comedy, and almost original comedy at that! Just tell that one to Victoria fecking Wood............
Only a paand.