Seventh Seance

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
tooyoung
Road Kill

Does anybody else listen to Seventh Seance? I stumbled upon the band a few years back thanks to blogs like Cactus Mouth Informer and Phoenix Hairpins. I've been completely struck by them ever since, gathering everything that I can find. Unfortunately, there isn't too much out there available - the singles plus the Ritual 1 tape.

I know that the band had another tape called Ritual 2, plus they did a Janice Long session in 1984 for the never-released album The Anguish of Love. I'm hoping that someone here happens to have these long lost recordings, or perhaps even some live shows. It would be sad to see this material lost to time.

Seventh Seance doesn't sound anything like TSOM, although they fit in nicely with some of the other bands of the time like Death Cult, Theatre of Hate, early Spear of Destiny, Skeletal Family, etc. Really, any comparison to those bands is probably even a disservice.

I'm enthralled by the early single tracks - Another Empty Face, I Could Forget Myself, Into the Outside, The Incision, Fantasy of Reality,... but nothing comes close to the song Sinking in terms of atmposphere and anguish. The piano outro is outstanding.

Anyway, curious if anyone on the board remembered the band.
Mary Bell, we knew you well...