Euro 2012

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Greeks and Czechs: champions the undergods :D
(i'm in that good position that i was fro Chech, but if Poland won i'd be happy as well)
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Bartek wrote:Greeks and Czechs: champions the undergods :D
(i'm in that good position that i was fro Chech, but if Poland won i'd be happy as well)
Shocking - can't believe the Russians didn't give it more!

The only thing is, if Greece go on and win it - will they have to pay the prize money to Germany & the European banks....
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
Silver_Owl
The Don

Back in time wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:I shall be cheering on Holland. Not interested in the merry go round that is England. Destined to disappoint and frustrate.
There are better choices.
I realise that now. :P
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
iesus
Overbomber

There is also an interesting statistic about Euro that little people have noticed. Let me explain to you in a few words...

Greece Euro Champion 2004
status bankrupt....

Spain Euro Champion 2008
status bankrupt....

Germany Euro Champion 2012
status in a small period of time.... :P :P :P
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Poland co-host of Euro 2012 - in recession, that becoming into huge recession (not comperabel to situation of Greece, Spain or Portugal, but still).
numan
Road Kill

iesus wrote:There is also an interesting statistic about Euro that little people have noticed. Let me explain to you in a few words...

Greece Euro Champion 2004
status bankrupt....

Spain Euro Champion 2008
status bankrupt....

Germany Euro Champion 2012
status in a small period of time.... :P :P :P

ha-ha!! nice! ;D I can hardly see Germany of being bankrupt in any foreseeble future! That means that the winner of Euro 2012 should be Portugal !! cos it's much easier for them to be bunkrupt than Germany! so now we know the winner of Euro 2012! :lol:
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Bartek wrote:
Silence is platinum wrote:
lachert wrote:group a final points:

russia - 9
poland - 4

czech - 3
greece - 1
I realy had a good laugh with this one :lol:
Don't laugh, here in Poland most people believe is that what group A will be looking like, forgetting that Poland team is the weackest team in that group and that it plays only because we're co-host of that circus.
told you so :innocent:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I'm ashamed that i was wearing England fussball jersey for last few days.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Maybe next time ... *sigh ... :( ...
Hunslet Ramone
Amphetamine Filth

Next time England still loose, Ha Ha.
I go to gigs, and if there is any money left, I eat
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I followed the first half on the internet (it was quite early in the morning here in NZ), but as it sounded quite good, i packed the kids off to the neighbours and went down the pub - still only 7.30am - for the 2nd half.. What dross. Can't even keep the ball for 5 seconds.

I prefer England lose to Italy now than get through by some miracle or fluke, and then get destroyed by Germany in the next round.
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Losing to Italy on penalties isn't an undignified way to end a tournament for England. Hopefully though this means the end of Rooney for the team though after his past few performances. That and the most laughable hair since Bobby Charltons combover.
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
lachert
Overbomber

disciple met master. playing for time and put hope in penalty kicks with italy it's complete madness :eek:
long live rock'n'roll
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

DeWinter wrote:Losing to Italy on penalties isn't an undignified way to end a tournament for England.
But penalties were result of very poor game of England. According to my lil' bro' Italy were more active team, esp. in second half.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Bartek wrote: But penalties were result of very poor game of England. According to my lil' bro' Italy were more active team, esp. in second half.
But they are not teams on the same level, you cannot expect England to just go and beat (or even score against) one of the best teams in the world. I think England did as good as they could and fighted ok until they simply got too tired, and in the extra time, exhausted.

It will be hard enough for Germany on thursday, as even they have never beaten Italy in a championship, but they are at least on the same level.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

According to FIFA rank England is twice time better than Italy (England is 6th, Italy 12th - http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/rankin ... index.html )
Teams like France, England and Holland showed nothing in this turnament (at least Holland had tough opponents in group).
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

England have played seven penalty shootouts in tournaments, and won one of them.

The only national teams with a worse record on penalties are teams that have only played one or two shootouts.

source
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Wiki Wizard

lachert wrote: [...] playing for time and put hope in penalty kicks with italy it's complete madness :eek:
DeWinter wrote:Losing to Italy on penalties isn't an undignified way to end a tournament for England. Hopefully though this means the end of Rooney for the team though after his past few performances [...]
Absolutely. If ever they could have won that penalty shooting, they had better scored 1:1 or even more better 2:2 earlier during the first two halfs of the game.
But this way - never. Still, England did try every single player they have. It just didn't work ... :( ... maybe next time. It did look like progress in development ...

Bartek wrote:According to FIFA rank England is twice time better than Italy (England is 6th, Italy 12th - http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/rankin ... index.html )
Teams like France, England and Holland showed nothing in this turnament (at least Holland had tough opponents in group).
Nor did Italy ... and a very easy qualification group they had as well. England could have won.
It's a shame how (not that) Italy got into the finals, basically, but if their counterparts play like that ... :( ... and after all, Italy does have Buffon ... :notworthy: .... :wink: ...
Pista
Cureboi

Well, on last night's showing, even if England had fluked it, they would have been seriously gubbed by Germany in the semi.
Ruggy, can't seem to jump any more. Millner is....well, was he actually there?
Carrol added a bit of a spark I suppose, & Cashley just seemed to have sympathy for any Italian without a ball at their feet & so he just kept giving it back to them.
That wasn't a penalty. It was a pass back to Buffon.
& as for Steve Gerrard...what a disappointment. Not losing the game, but his general presence. He was hardly inspirational this tournament was he?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Bartek wrote:According to FIFA rank England is twice time better than Italy (England is 6th, Italy 12th - http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/rankin ... index.html )
I think that ranking is Sepp Blatter's idea of sarcastic humour.
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Fair victory for Italy last night, still you have to admire the Germans who fought till the very end.
Realy a great match, and Baloteli's second goal was SO beautiful

Spain or Italy? i d put my money on Spain .... and probably loose :).
Pista
Cureboi

That was a surprise to me.
I thought Germany were on course to steam roller their way through this tournament.
Great result for Italy though
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I watched match since 30 min, when i saw that Italy already won ein-nul. I must say that was very good game. I never seen Italy playing THAT good and fresh, just like it weren't Italy that we all know. I was really mesmerized and stuned. Well deserved win.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

So, tonight, for the big one, I have;

£5 on 0-0 (after 90)
£5 on 1-1 (after 90)
£5 on Italy to win on pens
£5 on Spain to win on pens

Last time I put the same bet on was England vs Italy and it bagged me £95. Roll on a bore draw and pens then! 8)
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”