Wayne on the Sisters.....

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Bartek wrote:new low!
old joke!
playboy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Yeah. It seems like you must love and adore EVERYTHING about the Sisters to death to be accepted by some. Dare if you think the sound is bad and dare you if you think that they are not changing the setlist, show, the lights and so on. Enjoy what you get, don´t ask for more. Love th "crisp and clear" sound. Love it all. Except the time when Wayne was in the band, of course.....

It sadly shows that the Sisters fan has changed over the years. And as with Sisters themselves, not to the better. Unfortunately.
playboy

Being645 wrote:
old joke!
A joke? I don´t find it funny at all.
centurionofprix
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

playboy wrote:
Yeah. It seems like you must love and adore EVERYTHING about the Sisters to death to be accepted by some. Dare if you think the sound is bad and dare you if you think that they are not changing the setlist, show, the lights and so on. Enjoy what you get, don´t ask for more. Love th "crisp and clear" sound. Love it all. Except the time when Wayne was in the band, of course.....

It sadly shows that the Sisters fan has changed over the years. And as with Sisters themselves, not to the better. Unfortunately.
Dude, where do you see this attitude? Certainly for my own part, and I think for everyone else, disagreeing with your view of the current band or of the sound quality of the last tour wasn't meant to extend to your not being accepted in a general sense - only to those particular points of criticism not being accepted by those who disagree with the basic assertions about sound quality etc.

It seems natural that those who disagree with the points of criticism written here challenge those points. I don't think the conflict goes past that.
Last edited by centurionofprix on 09 Jul 2012, 12:36, edited 5 times in total.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

playboy wrote:
Yeah. It seems like you must love and adore EVERYTHING about the Sisters to death to be accepted by some. Dare if you think the sound is bad and dare you if you think that they are not changing the setlist, show, the lights and so on. Enjoy what you get, don´t ask for more. Love th "crisp and clear" sound. Love it all. Except the time when Wayne was in the band, of course......
I would like to see some real change, improvements on may levels, not just and only few anniversary gigs with setlist changed (a little) from one gig to another and three new covers but, I accepted the fact that I can not change anything about this band because 1) it's not my band, 2) it seems that this band is fine what it is (I'm talking about money what they got for gigs), so probably they don't feel like they need change to anything at all. And I'm not looking back, I'd rather look ahead.
So, yes, from time to time I'm whining here, but that's all. All i can do is to not give them my money. A small disapproving gesture.

3,2,1 - lunatic start
centurionofprix
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

As far as the interviews go, did you catch the two Eldritch did on radio for the Australia/New Zealand part of the tour? There have been web/paper interviews with him pretty regularly since 2009, though most without very interesting questions. But that's not really the band's fault. I don't think Chris's going through the trouble to answer on Formspring should be downplayed either (even as he doesn't want to answer questions about Eldritch/the past of the band/stuff others know best, obviously).
playboy

centurionofprix wrote:
playboy wrote:

Dude, where do you see this attitude? Certainly for my own part, and I think for everyone else, disagreeing with you on the sound quality of the recent tour wasn't meant to extend to your not being accepted in some way.

It seems natural that those who disagree with the points of criticism challenge those points. I don't think the conflict goes past that.
Certainly most can debate, and most can hold a certain level of distance to it. It is not, really, important in any way. It is a matter of taste and opinion. But, aside from what I think, I find that if something is discussed a lot, there must be a reason for it, something worth discussing. Like the sound-thing. There is soemthing to it, otherwise we wouldn´t discussing it that much. A lot of newspapers think the sound is bad. And it is not because it is the Sisters or that the want to write it. They think so. As a lot of the concert-goers. A lot here think so, I think so. My cousin saw them for the first time some years ago. She loved the Sisters when thy made records and she adore the albums. She said she was so dissapointed and that the sound was awful, she could not hear (or see) Andrew, some songs she have hard to hear what song it was and playing the unreleased song was a waste since she (and many others) couldn´t hear the song properly enough. She have seen them since then, doesn´t want to. I, for one, think this is serious and well worth thinking about. She is not the only one. Many other had said the same. And me, who have enjoyed and adored every show I saw from 1985-2001. Nowadays I am thinking "hope that th sound is good this time". It wasn´t like that before. I was never thinking in those terms cause the sound was good.....

Of course, it is a matter of taste. But it was rare to hear anyone complaining ´bout he sound before. Now I hear it after EVERY show from people walking out. So, whatever our taste, something has changed and is not benifiting the band. All complaints must be taken seriously if you are a serious act. If it all was a rumour than the "problem" would have solved itself within a couple of shows and/or good reviews. But the fact is that people are still complaning after a concert. I did last time saw them last year. And do I WANT to complain? No, sir. I would love to leave the venue happy as a tornado on a camping-site.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

playboy wrote:I would love to leave the venue happy as a tornado on a camping-site.
I do believe you ...
playboy

centurionofprix wrote:As far as the interviews go, did you catch the two Eldritch did on radio for the Australia/New Zealand part of the tour? There have been web/paper interviews with him pretty regularly since 2009, though most without very interesting questions. But that's not really the band's fault. I don't think Chris's going through the trouble to answer on Formspring should be downplayed either (even as he doesn't want to answer questions about Eldritch/the past of the band/stuff others know best, obviously).
Yes I did catch the interview from Australia. And I may have read maybe somewhere between five to ten other interviews with him the last three years. And watched maybe four or five. To me that is not a much.
I have worked on a newspaper myself and interviewed him reguarly between 1991-1998. Since then he has turned down all the papers requests, as with other newspapers I have talked to, even the two biggest in the country.
playboy

Being645 wrote:
playboy wrote:I would love to leave the venue happy as a tornado on a camping-site.
I do believe you ...
Thanks, I guess... There is not really something to believe in. Surely noone would like to leave a concert disappointed.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

playboy wrote: I have worked on a newspaper myself and interviewed him reguarly between 1991-1998.
In Sweden? Hopefully, for what German papers partly wrote at the time was hardly useful and designed to render The Sisters and Eldritch painfully ridiculous, rather than anything else ... but hell, who knows which of that s**t he had told them himself ... :wink: ...
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

playboy wrote: I have worked on a newspaper myself and interviewed him reguarly between 1991-1998.
This one?
playboy

Being645 wrote:
In Sweden? Hopefully, for what German papers partly wrote at the time was hardly useful and designed to render The Sisters and Eldritch painfully ridiculous, rather than anything else ... but hell, who knows which of that s**t he had told them himself ... :wink: ...
Yes. In Sweden. And I always wrote good things about them.
playboy

euphoria wrote:
This one?
If I wrote that? No, I worked at a newspaper. I don´t know what Club Motor is/was. This interview seems to have been done for Club Motors website.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

euphoria wrote:
This one?
Oh, lovely ... thanks for digging this up.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

playboy wrote:
Being645 wrote:
playboy wrote: No, I am not. If I were I could probably make some sense in what I read about changing setlists, scores of interviews, getting in touch on a open basis. That last one is really good....

By the way... you forgot to answer my question..

And now to something completely different - summer seems to, finally, have arrived in Sweden. Hope it lasts more than a week....
Best wishes as to that. Hopefully it will awake you thoroughly from hibernation ... :lol: ...
Or maybe I wish to remain in that state. Dreaming of ever changing setlists, the tons of interview I have read, heard and watched, not to mention all questions, especially those for and about Andrew, how those have been openly answered.

No, my friend. I am not in that state. Maybe it would be nice. Can´t tell. Have never tried. In my sober reality things look different. But maybe you have some info I have missed. Maybe you can tell me more about the interviews, the getting in touch with the fans on a very open basis. And sharing the concerts with the very changed setlist. I´d LOVE to hear those.
I could have missed these things, as I have got other things to do sometimes. So maybe you can prove me wrong.
Or maybe you can´t, cause there are nothing to show?.
Or maybe it was not Sisters after all you wrote about. I cannot tell, since you are yet to answer my first question.

Finally, answering a question with a question is lack of respect. Regardless if we have different views on things. It is rude. Leaving the questioner in doubt. It is not benefiting the maturity. Leave that to kids and to those who has no answers.

Think of me as someone who has missed all you mentioned, interviews, setlists, getting in touch with fans and so on. I am, after all, a Sisters fan, and would like to know any news I might have missed.
Maybe you something about Andrew that I don´t. Or know how to get open info. All I know is the formspring where Chris is writing.
And asking him about anything from the first 26 years in the history of The Sisters Of Mercy is pointless as he was not in the band.
We "have to ask Andrew"......
If only we could......
* Oh, I have missed this post somehow.

Anyway, you ignore any argument I do deliver and instead ask me whether I were talking about The Sisters (first) and (now) imply a lack of respect to me ... both of which is - ignorance, though not the worst form of disrespect, if one really wanted to get down to that, indeed, new low.
The worst form were indifference.

If you are too blind to see, nothing but what you want to see can ever help you. If you can't take - and respect - people the way they are and find respect for the way they do what they do, nobody can ever do a thing right or be right for you, because it's all never what you will. Honestly, I understand what you are missing and I do have a slight idea why ... but this has possibly nothing to do with The Sisters' sound or setlists or with how many great shows they play or how many new records they release or how many interviews they might give ... not even with whether Von himself answered all those questions you mentioned ... nothing would help it, if you won't get an answer to the question(s) you did not mention.
And even though this is all speculation (or empathy) on my part already, I'd guess that you've got the answer(s) already. You just don't wanna know or don't want to accept it or want to change things ... which makes me sad, because I think of your pain ... and given how long this lasts ... and the joy and pleasure you are missing ... :( ... however, I do not understand how you manage to never take a look at the other side for such a long time ... bad rude teachers, I guess ... :wink: ... and a lack of affection reflecting in your perception ... you shouldn't have it overmaster you.

Best wishes for a lovely Sunday ... Image ...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

so, you really had to wrote this (?).
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Bartek wrote:so, you really had to wrote this (?).
A lovely Sunday ... to you too ...Image ...
playboy

Being645 wrote:
playboy wrote:
Being645 wrote: Best wishes as to that. Hopefully it will awake you thoroughly from hibernation ... :lol: ...
Or maybe I wish to remain in that state. Dreaming of ever changing setlists, the tons of interview I have read, heard and watched, not to mention all questions, especially those for and about Andrew, how those have been openly answered.

No, my friend. I am not in that state. Maybe it would be nice. Can´t tell. Have never tried. In my sober reality things look different. But maybe you have some info I have missed. Maybe you can tell me more about the interviews, the getting in touch with the fans on a very open basis. And sharing the concerts with the very changed setlist. I´d LOVE to hear those.
I could have missed these things, as I have got other things to do sometimes. So maybe you can prove me wrong.
Or maybe you can´t, cause there are nothing to show?.
Or maybe it was not Sisters after all you wrote about. I cannot tell, since you are yet to answer my first question.

Finally, answering a question with a question is lack of respect. Regardless if we have different views on things. It is rude. Leaving the questioner in doubt. It is not benefiting the maturity. Leave that to kids and to those who has no answers.

Think of me as someone who has missed all you mentioned, interviews, setlists, getting in touch with fans and so on. I am, after all, a Sisters fan, and would like to know any news I might have missed.
Maybe you something about Andrew that I don´t. Or know how to get open info. All I know is the formspring where Chris is writing.
And asking him about anything from the first 26 years in the history of The Sisters Of Mercy is pointless as he was not in the band.
We "have to ask Andrew"......
If only we could......
* Oh, I have missed this post somehow.

Anyway, you ignore any argument I do deliver and instead ask me whether I were talking about The Sisters (first) and (now) imply a lack of respect to me ... both of which is - ignorance, though not the worst form of disrespect, if one really wanted to get down to that, indeed, new low.
The worst form were indifference.

If you are too blind to see, nothing but what you want to see can ever help you. If you can't take - and respect - people the way they are and find respect for the way they do what they do, nobody can ever do a thing right or be right for you, because it's all never what you will. Honestly, I understand what you are missing and I do have a slight idea why ... but this has possibly nothing to do with The Sisters' sound or setlists or with how many great shows they play or how many new records they release or how many interviews they might give ... not even with whether Von himself answered all those questions you mentioned ... nothing would help it, if you won't get an answer to the question(s) you did not mention.
And even though this is all speculation (or empathy) on my part already, I'd guess that you've got the answer(s) already. You just don't wanna know or don't want to accept it or want to change things ... which makes me sad, because I think of your pain ... and given how long this lasts ... and the joy and pleasure you are missing ... :( ... however, I do not understand how you manage to never take a look at the other side for such a long time ... bad rude teachers, I guess ... :wink: ... and a lack of affection reflecting in your perception ... you shouldn't have it overmaster you.

Best wishes for a lovely Sunday ... Image ...
Wow.....
All I can say is that it ALL has to do with the Sisters sound and setlists for me.
The lack of releases and interviews etc is not that important. If they don´t want to release any more records, that is up to them.

I respect people the way they are. You must have got me totally wrong if you think something else.
I am perfectly happy with things as they are generally, I am not missing any joy or pleasure, I love to change things, preferably to the better.
Standing still is a waste of both talent and time.......

And after reading what you wrote I can assure you that you haven´t got the slightest idea of what I am missing.

I am certainly not the only one thinking that Sisters sounds bad live nowadays. Which means that there is, after all, some truth in it.

Some might think different.
Or some may not be bothered and are happy with things as they are, watching the same shows over and over and doesn´t want changes.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Is it just me or does it feel like this thread has been going on for much longer than Wayne was actually in the Sisters?
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

lazarus corporation wrote:Is it just me or does it feel like this thread has been going on for much longer than Wayne was actually in the Sisters?
Considering the way it's been going lately, what with all the disagreements and recriminations, perhaps it's time for an amicable split and a new thread with a not dissimilar name. We can return in two years time with a completely different thread featuring different members but meanwhile choose your lawyer.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

stufarq wrote:
lazarus corporation wrote:Is it just me or does it feel like this thread has been going on for much longer than Wayne was actually in the Sisters?
Considering the way it's been going lately, what with all the disagreements and recriminations, perhaps it's time for an amicable split and a new thread with a not dissimilar name. We can return in two years time with a completely different thread featuring different members but meanwhile choose your lawyer.
& the first person to start it gets to keep the word "Sisters" in the title?
:lol: :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
TragicSerenades
Road Kill

playboy wrote:
TragicSerenades wrote:A new album by the sisters wouldn`t get a fair chance here..the ones that doesn`t like the fact that
they`re doing live shows now,they will not like the record either..like "if only they were a novelty act with just one album(FALAA) done"
this thread is so entertaining,it cant shut down :D
how boring wouldn`t it be if we all kissed Waynes butt :lol:
I think a lot would like a new record.
There are a handful that think that FALAA is the only record they should do. There are also a handful that think that playing live is ok, a handful of those are fans who has got several live recordings and videos. But most don´t, this only goes for the diehard fans. We know about Susanne, Arms, Summer and so on, but most people don´t, have never heard them before, and they will not remember the tunes a few days after the show. And they cannot listen to them again on record. Which, in reality, makes todays Sisters a novelty act.....

Maybe it would be borind if we all kissed Waynes butt. we don´t hve to, though, s he no longer in in the band...
I find it boring to be stuck with those old records, same show every year.

Out of the 20 songs they did live a week or so, 15 of them is more than 20 years old.
And the other five songs... Crash And Burn is 12 years old. Summer is 15 years old. Arms , only three years old. And one cover, and one intrumental cover......
On the sound issue I got to say that from where I was standing on the stockholm gig last year.That was the best sounding gig by them that I`ve been to(the worst must have been the 2009 gig in stockholm)....

A novelty act...those you say cant go home and listen to the songs on record,after they`ve been to the gig...I dont think they really care though...
This is a little reflection of mine:(It might be wrong) The only time there`s
young people on sisters gigs is when they`re playing festivals, and they`re not there for the sisters mainly.. and they dont give a toss if they cant listen to arms on record after the gig..of course,some of them will become fans,but on the whole....no....when sisters play venues with a support act,I think that the majority is die hard fans..

Lets say that sisters released an album now that was more metal than you can take,and Von decided that the setlist would be the whole new album + 4 old songs...would you go? or wouldn`t you like them to do a similar show like the ones they do now?
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

:lol: :notworthy: :lol:
"as we walk on the floodland"