WendyHouse

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Debaser
Overbomber

It would seem that in my *ahem* slightly dishevelled and minimally imbibed state on New Year's Eve, I have agreed to accompany some dear friends to said venue......anyone else fancy it 17th methinks was the date
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

may well do, being as my birfday is the 20th ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Debaser
Overbomber

Whoop diddy doo di! We can give you the bumps ;)
Miramir
Road Kill

f**king ace, Quiffmeister!!! No excuses. I don't think Quiff-On-A-Stick is in a position to make an appearance this time round :kiss:
Please don't ask me why I'm here. Something deeper brought me than a need to remember
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Miramir wrote:f**king ace, Quiffmeister!!! No excuses. I don't think Quiff-On-A-Stick is in a position to make an appearance this time round :kiss:
why?!? what has debaser done to him? :urff:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

and before you ask, i'll be 31 ;)
Miramir
Road Kill

Don't need to ask, it's patently obvious on Wishville dearie :wink:
Please don't ask me why I'm here. Something deeper brought me than a need to remember
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Debaser wrote:It would seem that in my *ahem* slightly dishevelled and minimally imbibed state on New Year's Eve, I have agreed to accompany some dear friends to said venue......anyone else fancy it 17th methinks was the date
I'll be there, as I'm a regular :roll:
The Scene won't save you...
Debaser
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
Miramir wrote:**** ace, Quiffmeister!!! No excuses. I don't think Quiff-On-A-Stick is in a position to make an appearance this time round :kiss:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Mmmwwwwwahahahaha

He's stuck in the top of the Middleton Civic gig poster - you know where MY drum stickss came from! I trust that they are still being looked after correctly, caressed and snuggled daily?
Debaser
Overbomber

Scardwel wrote:
Debaser wrote:It would seem that in my *ahem* slightly dishevelled and minimally imbibed state on New Year's Eve, I have agreed to accompany some dear friends to said venue......anyone else fancy it 17th methinks was the date
I'll be there, as I'm a regular :roll:
Yaaaay :D
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:may well do, being as my birfday is the 20th ;)
20th January is a good day to be born! :wink:
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Debaser wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:
Miramir wrote:**** ace, Quiffmeister!!! No excuses. I don't think Quiff-On-A-Stick is in a position to make an appearance this time round :kiss:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Mmmwwwwwahahahaha

He's stuck in the top of the Middleton Civic gig poster - you know where MY drum stickss came from! I trust that they are still being looked after correctly, caressed and snuggled daily?
aye ;)

one end:

t'other end:

:notworthy:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Happy New Year and all that to everyone. Yada yada back at "work" :(

Anyhoo, the Wendyhouse hasn't been graced with my presence since they played the theme from "Buffy".

And loads of people danced.

Without a hint of irony.

Sad. Very sad.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Yeah but usually people are too pis*ed to care by then, I mean for fu*k sake, they play Tatu and people dance (Sorry Carrie love)............We do need a break from being all cool sometimes you know!!!.............PS Count me in for WH, Oh and Quiffy, £10 against a bucket of pig sh*t you don't turn up!!!!!
Only a paand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Sexygoth wrote:Yeah but usually people are too pis*ed to care by then, I mean for fu*k sake, they play Tatu and people dance (Sorry Carrie love)............We do need a break from being all cool sometimes you know!!!.............PS Count me in for WH, Oh and Quiffy, £10 against a bucket of pig sh*t you don't turn up!!!!!
Point taken, and that's fair enough.

But Nerf Herder!

Perhaps I've betrayed my cool by knowing who it's by?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Perhaps so
Only a paand.
JansenClone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:Anyhoo, the Wendyhouse hasn't been graced with my presence since they played the theme from "Buffy".

And loads of people danced.

Without a hint of irony.

Sad. Very sad.
Conversely I've only ventured once since the UNI's revamp, and that was mostly out of architectural curiosity, because too many people were taking themselves too seriously. WH being the place where twisted techno tracks would sequence into Aha, Britney or Bauhaus. (Them t'wer days...I know, bit old gitesque that wasn't it?) Mind you it was an awful lot busier so I guess they know what they're doing...
I am a Leeds United fan because I was very naughty in a previous life.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I guess they do know what they're doing. Doesn't mean I have to like it. Especially when I hear that the dreaded nu-metal is making inroads. *shudder* Linkin Park */shudder*
—Bertrand Russell
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Don't come then
Only a paand.
JansenClone

Sexygoth wrote:Don't come then
Of course I'll probably end up going now and having to hide all night to avoid anyone pointing out the inconsistencies...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

;D I probably won't, no offence intended.

I used to really enjoy WH at the bassment, but since it moved back to the Uni, it seems to have decreased in appeal (to me) while increasing in popularity with, well, with the people that still go.

IMO the problem stems partly from the segregation into two rooms; as JansenClone says, the "twisted techno tracks would sequence into Aha, Britney or Bauhaus" but you don't get that any more.

Another thing seems to be a substantial decrease in the average age of the punters. Now I've nothing against kids enjoying themselves, but it gets a little embarrasing for Mrs markfiend to bump into kids she teaches. "Hello Miss" is the sort of greeting that can turn a few heads.

The thing is that I would like to go, but I know I probably won't enjoy it as much as I want to. Oh well.
—Bertrand Russell
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

JansenClone wrote:
Of course I'll probably end up going now and having to hide all night to avoid anyone pointing out the inconsistencies...
or... you could go and then just stand in a corner moaning about it all night. you'd fit right in with all the other miserable f**king goths then...
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
JansenClone

RicheyJames wrote:
JansenClone wrote:
or... you could go and then just stand in a corner moaning about it all night. you'd fit right in with all the other miserable **** goths then...
Ha! Possibly. Never understood why people would go to a club and not dance... Each to their own...
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

You biatch. At least I can face up to the fact that I am one :roll: :wink:
Only a paand.
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

are you calling me a goth?
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"