International beer day

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

Okay, so I'm a day early.
But doesn't hurt to get some practice in ;D

http://www.internationalbeerday.com/

What's everyone going to be supping then?

I have a couple of little bottles of Newky Brown just for the occasion
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Ooh, is that today?!

I'm having one of these later then:

Nowadays a little fave of mine...
in dub we trust
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'm off beer. Real ale seems to disagree with my digestive system in quite a violent manner (probably the live yeast) and I won't drink plastic beer, so I'm more of a wine guy at the moment.

Or cider. :lol: Some of the fruity Rekorderlig-type ciders are surprisingly tasty.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

I know some monks that make a wine you must try fiendy ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
sultan2075
Overbomber

I've recently developed a taste for cider myself, Mark. I can't say I know much of anything about it, though. I recently had a bottle of Crispin's Lansdowne, a cider with so-called "Irish stout yeasts" and molasses. Quite pleasant.

Yesterday, the missus and I headed up to the pub at 8:00 AM for breakfast and the Lithuania/USA basketball game. We had a few bottles of this:

Very fine, if you like American style imperial IPA's (high ABV, very aggressively hopped). Brewed in Idaho, where there is presumably naught else to do but brew excellent beer.

Today, we met friends for breakfast at a different pub. I drank Harpoon's Leviathan Imperial IPA, which I think is superior to Dogfish 90 (regarded as the king of American IPA's). Prudence then dictated that I move on to cider; both of these beers are between 9-10%.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

BRAND WEIZEN! Dutch beer from Limburg! Excellent!!! :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
christoff87
Road Kill

Due to my limited finances I just made do with a few cans of Fosters. Still good though.