OLYMPICS - GIMME THE RINGS

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

bearskin wrote:As a NZ person of UK origin, have to say it's been a superb Olympics so far in terms of who won what. A great mixture of heroic failures and victories. Looks like everyone is having a great time as well, which is adding to the overall enjoyment. Only people I've heard who are a bit down on the whole thing is the Aussies.
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/inte ... 2080637155

“To them, physical competition and noisy collective celebration are as insignificant as the number of medals they have won in these Olympics.�
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

DeWinter wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:'Conspiracy theorist' is a jokey catch-all term levelled at anyone who happens to ask questions or do a bit of research themselves as opposed to simply believing everything the BBC tells them. I do a lot of both, and am not an anti-semite, not even when I'm researching the ways and means of Israeli 'operations'.
I read the comments on the Telegraph's website "The BBC is a Trotskyite, anti-British liberal-left organisation", then trot over to the Guardian where the BBC is "a neoliberal mouthpiece and an instrument of the unelected Coalition.". Seems the Beeb can't please anyone these days. Or the average Telegraph/Guardian reader is absolutely barking looney, one or t'other..
Don't mistake the people who exist in a constant state of incensed fury that makes them regularly comment on the Telegraph/Guardian websites with those who simply regularly read the Telegraph/Guardian. (Or any other newspapers. Apart from the Daily Mail, of course :lol: )
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

markfiend wrote:*Rapidly backpedalling*

You have to admit that Icke's particular brand of nuttiness has more than just the blood-libel in common with the more overtly anti-Semitic thread of conspiracy theory; international banking, a few powerful families, hidden control of the media, these are all tropes they share. And Icke himself hasn't done much to dispel the pretty common suspicion that when he says "alien shape-shifting lizards" he means "Jews". YMMV.
Planet Dave wrote:'Conspiracy theorist' is a jokey catch-all term levelled at anyone who happens to ask questions or do a bit of research themselves as opposed to simply believing everything the BBC tells them. I do a lot of both, and am not an anti-semite, not even when I'm researching the ways and means of Israeli 'operations'.
*Even more rapid backpedalling*

That's not what I really meant, and I'm sorry if I tarred you with an overly-broad brush. As it happens I've seen people accused of anti-Semitism for criticism of Israel elsewhere and it's bollocks. ;D

Two points:
1. Anti-Zionism and anti-Semitism are not (necessarily) the same thing.
b. Organized religion can be viewed as a form of mental illness.

Discuss.
:innocent: :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Pista
Cureboi

SINsister wrote:

Two points:
1. Anti-Zionism and anti-Semitism are not (necessarily) the same thing.
b. Organized religion can be viewed as a form of mental illness.

Discuss.
:innocent: :von:
I like giant alien lizards better ;D

Wouldn't you rather we discuss Michael Phelps pees in swimming pools?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sultan2075
Overbomber

Pista wrote:

What else would you expect from a blood-drinking alien lizard?
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

sultan2075 wrote:
Pista wrote:

Michael Phelps is Jewish?! :eek: :P :wink:

I thought it was Lochte who bragged about surreptitious weeing..? Well, at least they're honest. Hope there weren't any errant gulps during the races! ;D :lol: :urff:
DeWinter

Pista wrote: I like giant alien lizards better ;D

I knew the reactive agent that turns it purple was just an urban legend..
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

DeWinter wrote: I knew the reactive agent that turns it purple was just an urban legend..
Aye. I've done my fair share of surreptitious pool weeing, and I've never once found myself surrounded by a billowing purple cloud, awesome as that would be! :lol:

Wait, did I just say that aloud? :oops: :innocent:
sultan2075
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:
sultan2075 wrote:
Pista wrote:

Michael Phelps is Jewish?! :eek: :P :wink:

I thought it was Lochte who bragged about surreptitious weeing..? Well, at least they're honest. Hope there weren't any errant gulps during the races! ;D :lol: :urff:
Jewish? No no no--blood-drinking alien lizards are Satanists. Weren't you paying attention?

I originally wrote "lizard drinking aliens." Clearly I need a nap.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

sultan2075 wrote:No no no--blood-drinking alien lizards are Satanists. Weren't you paying attention?

I originally wrote "lizard drinking aliens." Clearly I need a nap.
Yes!

I'd also like to point out that:

1. There's a sizable difference between theistic and atheistic Satanism. Not all Satanists "worship Satan," nor engage in ritualistic acts. But you already know that.
b. LOL! I think they'd need a blender for that. Or a juicer.
DeWinter

SINsister wrote:
Aye. I've done my fair share of surreptitious pool weeing, and I've never once found myself surrounded by a billowing purple cloud, awesome as that would be! :lol:

Wait, did I just say that aloud? :oops: :innocent:
Remind me not to go swimming in your local pool!!:lol:
Mind you no amount of chlorine will convince me it's hygenic to swim in water thats had hundreds of peoples nether regions in..
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

DeWinter wrote: Remind me not to go swimming in your local pool!!:lol:
Mind you no amount of chlorine will convince me it's hygenic to swim in water thats had hundreds of peoples nether regions in..
HA! I swim in the pool at work (an "upscale" local gym); my tiny wee contribution's got nothing on the gallons of old man pee that've undoubtedly been unloaded. Oh, and little kids have shat in there, too. :eek: :urff:
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

markfiend wrote:*Rapidly backpedalling*

You have to admit that Icke's particular brand of nuttiness has more than just the blood-libel in common with the more overtly anti-Semitic thread of conspiracy theory; international banking, a few powerful families, hidden control of the media, these are all tropes they share.
Along with the Mafia and Freemasons. Not sure about Twilight fans. But admittedly I haven't read Icke's drivel in enough detail to know for sure because...well, do I really need an excuse?
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

markfiend wrote:...international banking, a few powerful families, hidden control of the media...
Aye, but these are well-known and not hidden...
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
I watched some of the action from the Excel centre and did wonder if perhaps :von: will have been in the audience?

I'm sure he'd have enjoyed the Foil and Epee.

F
I was down at Excel to watch the judo (which was fantastic, incidentally) and must admit I had a sneaky look at those going into the fencing to see if :von: was around. Far more likely he was up North watching his two favourite teams : http://www.bpafc.com/?p=4684
Surely he WAS there? I'm sure when the Korean girl had to sit on the platform for an hour whilst the team made their appeal, someone called out "No, no, no, no time for heartache"
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Pista wrote:Wouldn't you rather we discuss Michael Phelps pees in swimming pools?
Incidentally - hello, Steve! :D
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Good to hear some decent music at the venues whilst competitors enter/leave the arena - albeit mainly Muse - and the BBC used the predictable yet jaw-dropping choice of the Beasties' Sabotage for their BMX montage tonight. Only four days to the closing ceremony - who would you ask to provide the musical entertainment ?
Debaser
Overbomber

I'm positive I heard the Benny Hill duh duh der di di di diddy duh dur di di diddy tum ti titty titty tum song during the beach volleyball tonight.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Only four days to the closing ceremony - who would you ask to provide the musical entertainment ?
You'd want something EPIC I reckon. And something distinctly BRITISH. (bit miffed that the big drum chick in the opening ceremony was a yank). What about BLITZ? or CRASS?
sultan2075
Overbomber

bearskin wrote:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Only four days to the closing ceremony - who would you ask to provide the musical entertainment ?
You'd want something EPIC I reckon. And something distinctly BRITISH. (bit miffed that the big drum chick in the opening ceremony was a yank). What about BLITZ? or CRASS?
CRASS were my thought, too. I always think of them as the distinctively British band. Been listening to the re-issue of Stations on my commute lately. Marvelous.
--
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

SINsister wrote:
markfiend wrote:...international banking, a few powerful families, hidden control of the media...
Aye, but these are well-known and not hidden...
Isn't Rothschild's bond scam an urban myth? Were (are) they surrounded by purple clouds? Or am I getting confused again?

Are the Olympics still on? Blimey, I'm too choosy about my distractions, when does the footy season start ffs?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Debaser wrote:I'm positive I heard the Benny Hill duh duh der di di di diddy duh dur di di diddy tum ti titty titty tum song during the beach volleyball tonight.
It's called Yakkety Sax if I recall correctly.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Debaser
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
Debaser wrote:I'm positive I heard the Benny Hill duh duh der di di di diddy duh dur di di diddy tum ti titty titty tum song during the beach volleyball tonight.
It's called Yakkety Sax if I recall correctly.
Isn't extraneous knowledge brilliant!

Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Pista
Cureboi

SINsister wrote:
Pista wrote:Wouldn't you rather we discuss Michael Phelps pees in swimming pools?
Incidentally - hello, Steve! :D
Wotcha lass.

Good to see you around again :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
DeWinter

Planet Dave wrote: Aye, but these are well-known and not hidden...
Isn't Rothschild's bond scam an urban myth? Were (are) they surrounded by purple clouds? Or am I getting confused again?

Are the Olympics still on? Blimey, I'm too choosy about my distractions, when does the footy season start ffs?[/quote]
The Rothschilds were big players in George Soros' "Quantum Fund" that crashed the pound, lira and krona out of the euro's test run the ERM, and crashed the Malaysian currency years later. If you were to create a pointless financial parasite list, that family would be fairly high. Surprised no-ones mentioned Bilderburg or New American Century yet..