eBay....have you ever...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
halfjobbob
Road Kill

...been told an auction you're bidding on is being withdrawn?

Is eBay going all big-brother on us?
Angelchild
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Yes, I've come across that a couple of times. As well as it messing up your browser so you can't do any last moment bids...in the last 10 second kind of thing.Not that I have ever left it that late!!!
Hope this helps :eek:
"Ohne deine hilfe verliere
Ich mich in diesem ort"
Petseri
Overbomber

In an odd twist, an auction which I had won already was cancelled by eBay!

It may mean that the seller had been kicked off, and thus can not have any live auctions. In some cases, it is because the item up for sale is not allowed (i.e. body parts, bombs, etc.)

Martin
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Petseri wrote:In some cases, it is because the item up for sale is not allowed (i.e. body parts, bombs, etc.)
:eek: :urff:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Very strange and very bad thing happened to me recently. I'm not a frequent eBay buyer (because of the financial conditions and the fact that PayPal doesn't work in Estonia) but a couple of days ago I decided to bid on...
There were some Sisters cuttings with the starting bid 1 EUR and the seller was agree with my way of paying...
I filled the "Your maximum bid" field with a higher number, clicked on "Place Bid" button, got the next page where everything was right and I had just to click the "Submit" button.
After doing that I got a strange message - "Input error" or something like that. There was also stated I had missed anything, filled any field uncompletely or somthing... And each time I repeated it, the result was the same :urff:
I think the seller deserved more money than the final price 1 EUR for that stuff...
Any explanation :?:
Petseri
Overbomber

pikkrong wrote:Very strange and very bad thing happened to me recently. I'm not a frequent eBay buyer (because of the financial conditions and the fact that PayPal doesn't work in Estonia) but a couple of days ago I decided to bid on...
There were some Sisters cuttings with the starting bid 1 EUR and the seller was agree with my way of paying...
I filled the "Your maximum bid" field with a higher number, clicked on "Place Bid" button, got the next page where everything was right and I had just to click the "Submit" button.
After doing that I got a strange message - "Input error" or something like that. There was also stated I had missed anything, filled any field uncompletely or somthing... And each time I repeated it, the result was the same :urff:
I think the seller deserved more money than the final price 1 EUR for that stuff...
Any explanation :?:
The best explanation is that eBay sucks. There are often glitche on the system, and changes and upgrades often do not go smoothly. The place is certainly not as fun and/or friendly as it was baout four years ago.

If the error was legitimate, it may heve been because someone else was bidding at the same time and your bid was then below the minimum. For example, you tried to bid 10 euros, but someone else already had raised the price to 20 euros. Without seeing the problem, I can not say for certain, though.

Martin
pikkrong
Overbomber

Petseri wrote:
If the error was legitimate, it may heve been because someone else was bidding at the same time and your bid was then below the minimum. For example, you tried to bid 10 euros, but someone else already had raised the price to 20 euros. Without seeing the problem, I can not say for certain, though.
I tried to bid 10 EUR, more than 5 times but it still ended with 1 EUR :urff: :? :evil:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

over the laft couple of days i have started getting 404 errors when i try to add items to my "watched" list :|
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?