Pussy Riot

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote:
Well, given that he's that unhinged, there's no telling what he'll do at all.
The irony being that he's still better than what came before him, and the current alternatives! I think not only is he desperate to avoid anyone getting a look at the finances, theres a touch of Sun King Syndrome, if someone strong doesnt control Russia, it'll collapse into anarchy.
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
nowayjose

A few years back, for a while I thought of Putin filling a role similar to Havelock Vetinari but now I think he's more like Mad Lord Snapcase.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

nowayjose wrote:A few years back, for a while I thought of Putin filling a role similar to Havelock Vetinari but now I think he's more like Mad Lord Snapcase.
Since the murder of Anna Politkovskaya on Putin's birthday it seems clear who that guy is.

Insofar, two years of detention look like a black eye ... though heaven knows what's gonna happen to them in prison ...
damagedone

These girls don't even have a decent song.Nice try with this PR trick but these things just don't work in Russia.I guess they are ok with paying this price for being famous,for me it's just stupid.
Keep Music Evil
Pista
Cureboi

Did they actually break anything?
Or deface anything?

I don't recall.
Not sure their music is reason enough to have them banged up.

If it was either of the Gallagher brothers however...
:innocent:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sultan2075
Overbomber

Some of you will find this interesting: Pussy Riot Closing Statements
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

sultan2075 wrote:Some of you will find this interesting: Pussy Riot Closing Statements
Very interesting! Thanks!
Being645
Wiki Wizard

There's an online-petition for their release now ... demanding an assets freeze and travel ban on Putin’s powerful inner circle ...

http://www.avaaz.org/en/free_pussy_riot ... ssia_a/?fp
nowayjose

Being645 wrote:There's an online-petition for their release now ... demanding an assets freeze and travel ban on Putin’s powerful inner circle ...
Speaking of freeze... half of Europe is dependent on Russian gas, so nothing like that will happen.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

gas and oil. I like all that kind of nice idealistic, forgetting about reality, slogans. In Europe is still Lukashenko one last mofo true dictator, no one can do anything with him (again, small contribution in that has state of Russia, and firget about small bickering btween Putin and Lukashenko).
Being645
Wiki Wizard