New tour destination

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Steven Eloot
Road Kill

Obviously you're not aware of the fact The Sisters of Mercy have really nothing in common with goths, except of the fact some of them buy their concert tickets and are consequently welcomed by Andrew with nice quotes such as "Hello clowns!". Someday you might understand.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

"Nothing in common with Goths" ? :lol:
Only real Goths deny that they are Goths.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol:

ORLY?

Can we put this "The Sisters Are Not Goth" nonsense to bed please?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

how it goes: it was one week of bad clothes? :lol:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Bartek wrote:how it goes: it was one week of bad clothes? :lol:
Yeah. :lol: A week that lasted roughly ten years. :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Husek
Slight Overbomber

"I'm Not Goth"
The maximum-quote for Real Goths
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

same with another bad taste subculture, hipsters.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Clothes, hats, dark glasses all the time, too much dry ice, that cape, that font, those guitar riffs, doomy bass, Black Planet, black record sleeves, the Devil in a black dress, Patricia "fright-wig" Morrison, Lucretia, Eldritch, nothing goth here, move along please.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Steven Eloot wrote:Obviously you're not aware of the fact The Sisters of Mercy have really nothing in common with goths, except of the fact some of them buy their concert tickets and are consequently welcomed by Andrew with nice quotes such as "Hello clowns!". Someday you might understand.
Mmm, obviously. I live in hope that one day I might grasp the delicate intricacies of :von:'s mental workings, but thank you for helping me down the Path Of Understanding.

Then again, it's just possible that I posited that Tashkent might be a suitable destination for a tour precisely because there aren't many goths left there. Perhaps Mr. Eldritch (you're clearly on better terms with him than I) will propose suitable punishments for the remaining goths to Tashkent's security services - maybe involving heads, spikes, and the exterior of the concert venue.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
NickW
Amphetamine Filth

Odd allegedly very few goths in the whole country yet they manage to find the five photogenic ones in the same place at just the right time.
Just one of the pesky kids
Randall Flagg
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

NickW wrote:Odd allegedly very few goths in the whole country yet they manage to find the five photogenic ones in the same place at just the right time.
I thought they were a CORRS tribute band....

F
Being645
Wiki Wizard

However, if The Sisters played in Usbekistan, I'd for sure fly over to attend it ... ;D ;D ;D ...