21st July 2012 - Amphi-Festival, Köln

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2012.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Being645 wrote:
centurionofprix wrote:Maybe the Lucretia bassline would be simple enough for Eldritch to handle while singing.
... :lol: ... if the bass is not too heavy ...
... which he once named as the reason for not playing the guitar in a band.
In fact, he did play bass in a band at a St. Pauli Support Gig, so I see no reason why The Sisters' own basslines should be too difficult ... :wink: ...

@MadameButterfly
yeah wearing black, but at one moment during the gig, he explicitly opened that jacket to show he's got our beloved yellow shirt underneath ... ;D :lol: ...

And for the rest of you post: You're incurably lovely ... :kiss: :lol: ...
centurionofprix
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote:
centurionofprix wrote:Maybe the Lucretia bassline would be simple enough for Eldritch to handle while singing.
:lol:

Really though, I guess it would come down to whether he can keep a rhythm while singing. It'd be a weird sight regardless.
Being645
Above the Chemist

centurionofprix wrote:
Being645 wrote:
:lol:

Really though, I guess it would come down to whether he can keep a rhythm while singing. It'd be a weird sight regardless.
Singing the way :von: does and playing the bass or any other instrument at the same time is impossible, I think.

Also we would miss him doing the strand then time and again ... which were clearly a loss ... ;D ...
Venus
Amphetamine Filth

MadameButterfly wrote: if not, i still volunteer my shopping tastes with the man to be something delicious we look at at live gigs.
:lol: Do tell!
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Venus wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote: if not, i still volunteer my shopping tastes with the man to be something delicious we look at at live gigs.
:lol: Do tell!
well there are sales all over Holland at the moment. i'm going into A'dam on tuesday after many years. Von can meet up with me at point A. with my mum so he would have to behave. i'll spend his money by dressing him up like a model. he would have to strip so i could dress & fuss & then purchase a decent outfit that the girls would love to see him in at gigs. for a hour. that's the shopping limit for me. then drinks with a light fishy lunch & coffee shops to try new products until the foreigners can't buy soft drugs anymore, read & explain all dutch post that needs dealing with to end with a dinner & drinks in the evening. i'm set to go! :wink: :von:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Venus
Amphetamine Filth

Like a model? Nah. Doesn't he already look like a million dollars? Maybe you can get your hands on a nice scarf. Like the orange one with dolphin print but in a variety of colours so he can mix and match. Oh, and some tight leather pants too! :innocent: Surprise us. Have fun!
Being645
Above the Chemist

Venus wrote:Oh, and some tight leather pants too! :innocent: Surprise us. Have fun!
Yeah, a little more jive where definitely pretty, hach ... ;D ...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Some excellent pics here ( http://www.music2u.de/2012/08/amphi-fes ... 1-07-2012/ ) but a very negative review.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Some excellent pics here ( http://www.music2u.de/2012/08/amphi-fes ... 1-07-2012/ ) but a very negative review.
It is clear, that this person has definitely NOT seen The Sisters' gig !!! Here's a quick translation of her/his phantasies ...
All day long there had been a big fuss about the fact that The Sisters of Mercy would honour the festival with their performance. Honestly, I for one could not understand all this hype. Their performance was mediocre. The songs that really rocked were the old classics à la This Corrosion or Temple of Love. And visually? Even in case the Brits should indeed have rocked, due to an excessive use of smoke unlike any other band before, there was only very little one could see, unfortunately. Light effects and atmosphere failed to captivate as everything blurred into a big grey whole. The band, founded in 1980 already, and their front man Andrew Eldritch have long passed the zenith of their career. However, an appropriate name does obviously include even a headlining slot at a festival as such.
... too much fog in bright daylight ... Image ...

Pretty photos, though. Yes ... :D ...
radiojamaica
Overbomber

This Corrosion rocked?! Wowsa :eek: :lol:

What was his (her?) impression of Eisbrecher? They were on before the Sisters and I didn't like it one bit. No that's not true, I liked it because I could keep on chatting & drinking with the Sisterhood :wink:
in dub we trust
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:This Corrosion rocked?! Wowsa :eek: :lol:

What was his (her?) impression of Eisbrecher? They were on before the Sisters and I didn't like it one bit. No that's not true, I liked it because I could keep on chatting & drinking with the Sisterhood :wink:
Well according to the reviewer, die Stimmung war umwerfend (the atmosphere was amazing) during Eisbrecher's set. I assume that he/she was listening in to your chat rather than observing what was going on on stage, but then again if they thought TC "rocked", they clearly have a rather flimsy grip on reality
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:This Corrosion rocked?! Wowsa :eek: :lol:

Well according to the reviewer, die Stimmung war umwerfend (the atmosphere was amazing) during Eisbrecher's set. I assume that he/she was listening in to your chat rather than observing what was going on on stage, but then again if they thought TC "rocked", they clearly have a rather flimsy grip on reality
As I wanted a good spot during the Sisters' set I was standing 5th row during Eisbrecher. Apart from a few fans screaming songs 'die Stimmung war sicher nicht umwerfend'. I think it was rather lame especially compared to the gigs of their obvious example Rammstein.
"as we walk on the floodland"
My Dominion

A little late, but now online:

http://cologne.mydominionnl.com

Enjoy while reading :-)
Waiting until the next time
http://www.mydominionnl.com
A fanwebsite !
Gent, Eindhoven and Lokeren
Sita

I've already seen your great pics on FB!
Actually, I dig the beard. And I laughed so much when I saw that ugly old shirt.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Nice, My Dominion ... :D ... thanks for posting ... :notworthy:
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

Nice pics and so many familiar faces :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Compliments once again Bert! :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Venus
Amphetamine Filth

Very nice Bert. Thanks! :)
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Bert, your great pix are the strongest argument that another one should come soon!

p
Right On Venom And Revenge
My Dominion

Thank you very much for your kind remarks :D

Sita
Being645
Victim of Circumstance
Ozpat
Venus
Sukhoi
:notworthy: